It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage Against The Machine, BANNED by Clear Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So today at work my peers and I were talking music and one of them says that System of the Down has a political message. I never cared for that band so never got the message especially through are that screaming.

So I say, “What ever happened to Rage Against the Machine”. I mean there’s a political message the people should be aware of.

I didn’t think much about it until just now, when I heard Jesse Ventura on CNN say that Clear Channel banned them from their stations. Sounds about right to me.

I hate Clear Channel so much. They destroyed my favorite alternative radio station around 2001 then took over every major station nationwide.

Then what do they do, play the same 40 songs all day every day in between commercials

Oh and if you haven’t heard, Clear Channel was started by Bain Capital and also controls conservative talk radio. Damn you Clear Channel.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

If you thought censorship was bad, which is above the following link, what about paid actor callers?
Paid actors

System of a Down (not the Down) are very political in their songs. Boom!, B.Y.O.B., Prison Song, Toxicity... good stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I used to get mad about stuff like this but now.... Its just known. This is the way tv and radio works. Keep in mind Jesse had a show witch was owned by the time warner cable, the same company with the all seeing eye logo. If you like rebellious rock then try to venture out side of the main stream popular music. Only so much can be said when your on a contract.

Try to understand and fell the anger when a singer screams.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yeah I've heard about the paid callers and even if they weren't paid they are screened and heavily controlled. I listen enough (not by choice) to know that it's a way of conditioning the listener to the corporate agenda so they can be like all the other good sheep people.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well there is only one thing to do now.

Rage has a heck of a political message and a good one too. More people should be listening to the words of Zach De La Roacha. I have listened to their stuff for years and still do everyday. I don't listen to much radio but I imagine TPTB don't wan't people to hear their music especially with tensions so high right now. Impressionable youths could cause chaos if they listen to it too much.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

The wonderful ting about the msm?
We have the ability to totally avoid them.
I'm sure that every band you have ever loved has their own website where you can find out where their cd's or mp3's may be purchased.
I stopped listening to radio years ago, I still listen to music though.

top topics

join