It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie coroner agrees dingo took baby in 1980 case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hello ATS Readers, Writers,

It has been a long time since this case became news...

Since the link I can find is AP.. I can only give the link,.. I think.. Dont want to get ATS in trouble with copyright stuff..

So here is the link.. I did a search with the above title, it did not come up..so if I blew it again. sorry.

AP LINK HERE FOLKS

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sooo,
"Maybe the dingo ate your baby."

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I really have varied opinions of what could have gone on that day 32 yrs ago. I guess unless you were there you never would.
.but here is a link some may find interesting dingo.livingin-australia.com... I do know one thing for sure there's no way I would trust a dingo with a baby.
I huge story here. Let's hope the result brings clossure to many. Although I doubt it.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I’m an Aussie and been around dingo’s... watched their habits and watched how they work together..... I also know they steal.

One or more can distract a subject (look, I’m cute, watch me) while the other takes off with food or your bag.

If a dingo was hungry, it would have no hesitation to enter a campsite and go into a tent to steal whatever it could get its mouth around – even an infant child.

On Fraser island a few years ago a dingo stood in front of me and then rolled over, at the same time another dingo took my bag with keys wallet ‘everything I needed’ inside of it, it was not food that attracted the dingo to my bag, just the possibility that the bag contained something it might want.... I ran for 2 clicks after the dingo, through heavy bushland, lost sight of it, thought I had lost everything, then heard it trying to rip the bag apart – it saw me and took off leaving the bag behind.... when I got back the local tour guides stated that no one ever tracks down a dingo... so maybe I was just lucky?

Only the people that have no idea what they are capable of say they could not have done it.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What I still can't fathom is why a family would go camping in the outback with a 9 week old baby, regardless of whether a dingo stole her or not, to my mind it's probably not the safest environment for such a young baby. Just my opinion but there's no way I would have taken my newborn on any sort of camping trip, let alone in the outback of Australia with all manner of poisonous snakes, spiders etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
They shouldnt have resolved it, because really its 50/50 and its just a guess it doesnt mean much.

On the flipside, this little outback mystery was iconic, something youd raise an eyebrow up and say 'no kiddin' if you ever heard it...

now, when a yanky doodle comes up in some port attempted aussie and says
'' hey, a dingo took my baebee! ''
you can look him in the eyes and apologise, explaining a similar such event occured in the aus outback many moons ago!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I used to live 2 doors down from one of the lead investigators in the Chamberlain case. He often recalled how absolutely disgusted he was at the unprofessional and amateur approach taken by many of his colleagues. He was certain from the outset that the evidence pointed to a Dingo, but his voice was overshadowed by his supposed colleagues in law.

From memory he took himself off the case because he did not want to be associated with falsely accusing the Chamberlains.
edit on 12/6/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Camping is one of an auzzies fav' pass times, weather it be outback, bush or sea. I have known many people to take their babies along on camping trips ( us included) . There is not spiders, snakes or sharks jumping out from every tree or crack on the ground
Sadly in this case something horrible went wrong, but bad things can go wrong at home too. I get snakes come into my yard sometimes

You may be surprised that dingos can breach populated areas along with spiders & snakes. Sadly sometimes things just go wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Hello Mickierocksman, ATS Readers, Writers,

When I saw some of these dingoes at the zoos around Brisbane, I thought, hmm.. a brown dog..lol.. Didnt look that much different then the darn coyotes around here..

Figured of they were anything like coyotes, well it could easily have happened.

I have seen coyotes running through my yard and the neighbors chasing the neighbors cat!!! They LOVE cats for a midnight snack.. small dogs... whatever was too slow was dinner.

My wife mentioned something that at the time there were rumors of clothes found being almost "folded" with blood on the clothes.. rumor was dingoes dont fold clothes..lol..

So dont know if that was a FACT, or just some of the folks spreading bull droppings who figured they were guilty of something really bad..

Coyotes are very brave critters, especially if in an area where someone will not fire a gun at them. They HAVE been known to go after kids here too.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker

My wife mentioned something that at the time there were rumors of clothes found being almost "folded" with blood on the clothes.. rumor was dingoes dont fold clothes..lol..

So dont know if that was a FACT, or just some of the folks spreading bull droppings who figured they were guilty of something really bad..

One of the police who first found the clothes removed them from their position and arranged them in a roughly human shape in order to take the evidence photos. This was one of the many rudimentary mistakes made in investigating the case.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Glad this has finally been put to bed. The poor woman involved will hopefully at least get some closure now, although her life has certainly been destroyed by this incident.

Makes you wonder how many other "experts" have f***** up over the years and how many innocent people have suffered as a result.

Mind you though, i still (and have always) thought it was rather irresponsible to take a 9 week old camping........

new topics

top topics

join