It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring The Imaginal Realm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Consider that there is an imaginal realm accessed through your mind. All of your various classifications of personality-types or characters, as well as all of the relevant experiences or scenes they play out according to their nature, exist in this realm. In other words, there is a realm where everything that you imagine happening really does happen. We have many personality types or characters, and these come with various associations of who they are and their relationships with one another. Imagine them being expressed in their purest form, without limitiation. This is exactly what occurs in the imaginal realm. They fully act out everything that you have considered them doing, that is of their nature, without the censorship of your conscious mind.

This imaginal realm obviously has much more freedom for expression than our physical realm, yet it is the underlying basis for our experience of the physical world. The imaginal realm is related to our imagination, as implied in its name. With our imagination we can play out all of these imaginal scenes, and even edit our understanding so as to alter the characters and scenes to our preferences. Now electronic technology, such as television, movies, music and various things found on the internet, is the external manifestation of the imaginal realm. In other words, our imaginal realm is brought to life through these technologies. Accordingly, these things can be used to help shape our imaginal realm. As we come to understand our imaginal characters and scenes, we can find external manifestations of these things, and use them to directly view them, as well as to help refine our understanding of them.

Consider that your conscious mind limits the potential for perceptual manifestation based on its own ‘energy-levels.’ The imaginal realm, in a way, exists just beyond what you can see. The physical world, which we perceive as being what reality ‘actually’ is, is no more real than the imaginal realm. It is simply a matter of your conscious-attention limiting the possibilities, and the imaginal realm is where those possibilities exist unbounded. Think of the physical world, then, as a jumping point into the imaginal realm. You can also see it as consisting of props that can be used to spark imaginal thinking, which can more and more increase perceptual-possibilities, which can allow your physical world to become an extension of your imaginal world.

As you go through your day, that which you cannot absolutely see, that you are not sure of what is there, even if you think you know, ‘pretend’ it is the greatest thing it could possibly be. Fill in the blanks of uncertainty with fantasy. As I say, what ‘actually’ happens will just be material to give some structure to your imaginal world. Whenever you are not yet certain of what is happening in your life, imagine that it is the greatest thing it could be. This uncertainty will come to be your greatest friend. Beyond this filling in the blanks of uncertainty, the events that ‘actually’ happen should be given ideal interpretation by you. In other words, stick to the absolutely raw data, free of what you may think of as the ‘correct’ interpretation. From there, give it your ideal interpretation.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Currently I'm imagining myself trying to understand this post. Apparently, my imagination isn't that good because I completely failed at it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
Currently I'm imagining myself trying to understand this post. Apparently, my imagination isn't that good because I completely failed at it.

i saw the multiple paragraphs and didn't even attempt lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
great post thank you!! And of course there are americans in here who dont know how to read multiple paragraphs

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

I kind of see what you are saying. For the most part we all know our imaginations are boundless and infinite. The trick is being able to call upon this boundless energy inside whenever we need it. This is something I've been unsuccessful with and I don't think we could ever hope to tame something like that. It's more sporadic and random for me(inspiration).

The percieved duality in the world comes from these inner and outer worlds. The truth is they are not separate, but it's very hard to understand this(for me) and apply to your life

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Nice, a slight against Americans as well as myself at the same time. I "imagine" you are just so pleased with yourself. Of course, even with my 175 IQ, stupid old American me just couldn't figure it out.

Oh wait, maybe I was trying to be funny. No, Americans are too stupid to be funny.

Hmm.... I wonder if this website is American-based? I wonder if its' owners would appreciate that last post of yours, seeing as they are American? Well, they're probably too stupid to read anyway... you know, since they're "AMERICAN" and all...

Please go to the back of your computer and disconnect the big black cord and throw it away. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
reply to post by steve95988

Nice, a slight against Americans as well as myself at the same time. I "imagine" you are just so pleased with yourself. Of course, even with my 175 IQ, stupid old American me just couldn't figure it out.

You didnt need iq to understand it. Silly american.

Oh wait, maybe I was trying to be funny. No, Americans are too stupid to be funny.

Their stupidity is the bases to their humour.

Hmm.... I wonder if this website is American-based? I wonder if its' owners would appreciate that last post of yours, seeing as they are American? Well, they're probably too stupid to read anyway... you know, since they're "AMERICAN" and all...
Simon, site owner, is British.

Please go to the back of your computer and disconnect the big black cord and throw it away. Thank you.

Many people today dont have "black cords" hanging out their computers. Most people use laptops and Pda/Pads.

Yeehaw!
edit on 11-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join