It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Harbingers of Ancient Israel Mean the Destruction of America?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

numbered some 2 million people,

now were talking,,

enough people too fill the valley,,
and He called across,
the valley of The People
too the other side

and words were said .

edit on 13-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Both Isreal and the United States as well as any other countries who mainly worship according to Abrahamic religions would all be linked to God by the Abrahamic covenant
All Abrahamic religions claim to be monotheistic, worshiping an exclusive God, though known by different names

Text
Covenant (biblical)
In theology and Biblical studies, the word "covenant" principally refers to any of a number of solemn agreements made between God and the children of Israel in the Hebrew Bible, as well as to the New Covenant, which some Christians consider to be the replacement or final fulfilment of these, see Supersessionism. Likewise, some Christians use the term Old Covenant to collectively refer to the covenants described in their "Old Testament", of which they hold different views

Abrahamic covenant
The Abrahamic covenant, found in Genesis 12-17, is known as the Brit bein HaBetarim, the "Covenant Between the Parts" in Hebrew, and is a commandment for Brit milah in Judaism. The covenant was for Abraham and his seed, or offspring,[8] both of natural birth and adoption Genesis 17:1-13.[9]
According to the Documentary Hypothesis, in Genesis 12-17 three covenants can be distinguished based on the differing J, E, P, and D sources.[10] In Gen. 12 and 15, God grants Abram land and descendants but does not place any stipulations (unconditional). By contrast, Gen. 17 contains the covenant of circumcision (conditional).
• To make of Abraham a great nation and to bless those who bless him and curse those who curse him and all peoples on earth would be blessed through Abraham.[Gen 12:1-3]
• Circumcision is to be the permanent sign of this everlasting covenant with Abraham and his male descendants and is known as the covenant of circumcision.[Gen 17:9-14]
• To give Abraham's descendants all the land from the river (or wadi) of Egypt to the Euphrates. [Gen 15:18-21] Wadi means seasonal river in reference to the Nile Delta which flooded seasonally during those days. Later, this land came to be referred to as the Promised Land or the Land of Israel, however the land specified by the Abrahamic Covenant also includes the modern nations of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, UAE, and several other nations within the Middle East Region.
• To make Abraham a father of many nations and of many descendants and the land of Canaan as well as the entire middle-east to his descendant.[Gen 17:2-9]

The New Covenant in Christianity

The writings of the New Testament
The Gospels: Luke tells of the birth of John the Baptist. His father, Zacharias, prophesied at the time. In his prophecy he says that God has remembered His holy covenant. The events at the beginning of the Christian story are connected to the covenant God made with Abraham.[14] Just before his crucifixion, Jesus celebrated the Passover with his disciples. All three of the synoptic gospels describe the special attention he gives to the bread and the wine. When he presents the wine to his disciples, he says that it is the blood of the covenant poured out for them.[15] Matthew explains that the pouring out of the blood was done for the forgiveness of sins. Luke calls it the new covenant.
The Book of Acts: Peter and John heal a crippled man. Peter speaks to the wondering crowd. He says they are the children of the covenant God made with their fathers and quotes the promise to Abraham, "And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed." Peter tells them that God has sent the resurrected Jesus first to them to bless them and forgive them of their sins. He proclaims Jesus to be the covenant "seed" promised to Abraham.[16]
Epistle to the Romans: Paul addresses God's covenantal relationship with the Jewish people.[17] He states emphatically that God has not rejected the Jewish people. To drive home his point, he recalls the time when Elijah felt all alone in his service to God. God assured Elijah that he wasn't alone, that there were 7000 that had not bowed the knee to Baal.[18] Paul says that the Jewish people's rejection of Christ was a stumbling but not a falling.[19] He writes that the Jewish rejection has opened the way for the Gentiles to be saved. Paul considers this turn of events to be a great blessing for the Gentiles. He then asks, if this Jewish failure to accept Christ brought such blessings to the world, what greater blessings will come when the Jewish people finally join the fellowship.[20]

edit on 13-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hats off to Stupid girl for the incredible job on this thread!

This has now been confirmed by many others. The quotes below are from Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj who appears to be a modern day "Elijah". His prophecies have been coming to pass for many years.

"Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj was visited by the prophet Zechariah and by Jesus and angels while he was in Jerusalem.

Zechariah gave him the following Scripture:

“Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle.” Zechariah 14:1-3 NKJV

After reading I looked up at the saint and asked, What does the scripture mean? He said:

“The city of Jerusalem is going to be divided very soon.“

That was the shocking statement that he made. And I just looked at him and said, Sir how is it possible? And then he explained to me what are the ramifications that are going to take place. How it is going to take place.

And when we came here on the 5th of December, I spent the whole day in prayer. I waited on the Lord and as soon as I entered into my room I saw this huge mighty angel.

I asked, what Word have you brought? And he reiterated the same thing, The city is going to be divided very soon. This is what you shall share and this is what is going to happen. And this is what is going to happen very soon now. It is going to be divided very soon.

A political trap will be laid out for the city to be captured. She will be deceived by those who love her.

Israel's closest ally will set a political trap for the city to be captured. (ZC NOTE - The USA is Israel's closest ally, and we KNOW Obama hates Israel.) Then the son of perdition (Obama?) will come to offer peace. A land for peace deal.

They will have no choice but to surrender half of the city. They will give it away, that is how the city will be divided.

God is not going to sit back and let all hell break loose. If you touch the apple of His eye, you will have to contend with God Himself. When Jerusalem is divided, there will be great earthquakes in many places around the world, followed by monster tidal waves. One wave came across the Pacific Ocean. I saw a vision what is going to happen to the United States of America which leads in this separation of Jerusalem.

I saw a 3 dimensional map. A mighty angel with a drawn sword said,

“This will be the judgment upon this nation who will turn her back against God's people!”

And with that, with the sword he pierced the very center of the land and cut it asunder.

The nations that were responsible for dividing Jerusalem, God will gather them for war to destroy them. Joel 3:2 and Zech 14:3 tells us like that. Joel 3:2 NKJV

Link 1 Link 2 (This was transcribed from the below video)

Skip ahead to 1hr & 21min. (unless you have 2 hours to spare):

This man is being visited by chief prince angels over the nations where ever he visits:

What’s Next The Obama Presidency - Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj

"As I was praying, an angel of the Lord appeared to me, ...the chief prince angel of the United States of America. And he visited me that morning, and he told me Obama will be elected to office. I was shocked. I said, “That’s not what we want.” Then he said, “Days of captivity are appointed for this nation, and he is the man who will CARRY IT OUT.”

… So the first message that was given to me is “days of captivity”. Now the second message is this: “days of persecution”. This is the second word the angel brought unto me.

Tell them these two things. The nation will go into captivity. The church will go into captivity, but it is for good. Out of the captivity the fire will separate the wheat from the tares. See, this is the ultimate goal that God has.

Link to PDF (Link to the audio MP3 is inside the PDF)

edit on 13-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Here a few others saying the exact same thing:

"And she replied by saying that last night the Holy Spirit spoke to her audibly saying:

"the days of Zechariah's prophecies are not coming they are here, they are not coming they are here, they are not coming they are here"

And she again got quite loud and I had to calm her down again. About ten hours later my mother went to be with the Lord. "

"In 1999 the Lord gave me a specific word concerning the land and people, it is posted to read... "I AM ABOUT TO TEAR ISRAEL" .

THE DAYS OF ZECHARIAH'S PROPHECIES ARE HERE !

"There is NO DOUBT, prophetically speaking, that Israel will be divided. It seems to be following the very same pattern that led to the fall of Babylon in the days of the Prophet Daniel. When King Belshazzar defiled the holy vessels of the Jewish temple at a drunken party, God sent a mysterious handwriting on the wall that said, "Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin."

The Swelling of Jordan

I feel the Lord was saying I am about to tear Israel geographically and nationally I will tear my people Israel.

And immediately I said Lord why, again shall we suffer the loss of our land and the pain of your dealing with us your people. And His answer was short and direct, He answered by these verses of scripture.

"Come let us return to the Lord, He has TORN us to pieces but he will heal us, he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. 3) Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:1,3

LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The Northern Kingdom of Israel was conquered by the Neo-Assyrian monarchs, Tiglath-Pileser III (Pul) and Shalmaneser V. The later Assyrian rulers Sargon II and his son and successor, Sennacherib, were responsible for finishing the twenty year demise of Israel's northern ten tribe kingdom.

Sennacherib also invaded some parts of the Southern Kingdom of Judah. He records forty-six fortified towns captured from Judah, and presumably carried away into Assyria. Jerusalem was besieged, but not taken.

The tribes exiled by Assyria later became known as the Ten Lost Tribes....

en.wikipedia.org...

the above snip is to help clarify the term Israel
which was separate from the southern kingdom of Judah

so your connection is between ancient Israel (the 10 northern tribes) and the USA...
~kind of a stretch for me to accept~ even as an outline of behavior patterns that societies are likely to face

i cannot conceive that you would compare ancient Israel with the current Jewish State named Israel (instead of a more proper or representative name like Judah or Judea)
edit on 13-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't see how I can comment on this at all, since I subscribe to the belief that the people who run this world are not Jewish or American. They are just power-hungry rich people. If they worship anything, it certainly worked very well for them in the part, and it will work in the future if they luck continues.

Perhaps the "God" people think they know is really the Devil? Maybe the "rule of law" is to do whatever you need to in order to succeed and thrive for yourself? Maybe they should take things at any cost? I know we're all heard the opposite, but what it's that's exactly why they preach that, to weaken us? Maybe they are ruthless because that is what works. Maybe there no "penalty" for "judgement"...and those things are just what keep everyone else in line.

In other words, it's all one big moral scam, and you are buying into it.

Fudge it, you know. Maybe we would all be better being hateful and ruthless too, and take our rights back in the same way they are taken from us. Screw all this "peace" talk and letting ourselves get run over. Aren't you sick of that religious babble that tells you to bend over when they come?

If you are worth anything, then you would fight for your life. The world demands fighting and war, it seems to me. You don't fight for each breath, you die. You don't fight when you are sick, you die. Maybe nobody cares.

What I dislike most, is a lie. The Bible may be a nice fun little story, but it reeks like a lie to me. I do not believe in a supreme power that is good but kills its own people. You can have you "holy" bible.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

WHOOT WHOOT!!
Thanks Murgs!!

I wasn't aware of any of the info you provided, and am fixin' to read it all over again. A great addition to this thread....THANK YOU

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the above snip is to help clarify the term Israel
which was separate from the southern kingdom of Judah

so your connection is between ancient Israel (the 10 northern tribes) and the USA...
~kind of a stretch for me to accept~ even as an outline of behavior patterns that societies are likely to face

i cannot conceive that you would compare ancient Israel with the current Jewish State named Israel (instead of a more proper or representative name like Judah or Judea)
edit on 13-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the clarification.
Yes, the connection being implied in the book, which is the subject of the OP, is between ancient Israel in 732 BC (what I understand to be the Northern portion of the kingdom) and modern day America. Nothing in the book implies any comparison between the modern day State of Israel in the Middle East and America, as I understand it.

I can respect that the connection between ancient Israel and the US may be a stretch for you. I find it understandable that some may feel like they are blindly jumping to conclusions, especially in light of how we think and process information in this day and age.

However, for me personally, the consistencies in details as spoken by Isaiah and their fulfillment by America post-9/11, seem spectacular, to say the least.

I highly recommend reading the book, as I could only go into so much detail on an ATS thread. The book is much more comprehensive and contains several other uncanny consistencies that I did not address in this thread.
The book can be purchased on Amazon for about $9, or found at any local library for free.
Other free venues of information can be found at:

The YouTube link to commentary on the book by the author himself provided by troubleshooter above (THANK YOU :up

A free DVD of a documentary discussing the information in the book at Sycamore: The 9/11 Tragedy

Free audio series by the author at Harbinger Sermons

And another commentary on the book at The Lord's Word on September 11th
edit on 13-6-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Do the Harbingers of Ancient Israel Mean the Destruction of America?

Probably.

Been looking into this "Apocalypse" of the bible for a number of years now and have figured out a few details here that pertain to the thread.

The first thing I would point out is the prophesies of Genesis 48 and 49. If you read them what they predict is this.

In the end times the descendants of the children of Israel/Jacob were to become nations. And the descendants of Ephraim were to become a multitude of nations. And looking over chap 48 I would propose that the US is the tribe of Manasseh.

Per the prophecy Manasseh was to become a great single nation. And after figuring out that were in the end times currently then these nations of the Genesis prophesies exist now. And the US being the most powerful nation in the world currently then it would fit the prophesy of Manasseh. And being Manasseh then it would be subject to the Leviticus 26 covenant.

Now for the destruction of the United States. It appears it may have been prophesied in the bible. The prophesies to look at are Daniel 8 and 11. Now there are those who would say that these prophesies have already been fulfilled once back in the BC era. But there is a problem. Bible prophesies can have multiple fulfillments. And there is this one little disclaimer in each prophecy.

8-19
And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

11-6
And in the end of years they shall join themselves together;

11-40
40 And at the time of the end

These are end time prophesies. And as such no events in the first and 2nd century BC could have fulfilled them. These are prophesies waiting to happen.

So to start with if you look at Daniel 11-2 and compare it to the events surrounding 9-11 I would point out this is a perfectly accurate description of what happened. A country that looked Greek to Daniel was attacked by kings/nations from the middle east.

Then if you jump to Daniel 8 the retaliation of the attacked country is described. It attacks and conquers two nations/kings in the middle east. Then it conquers "Persia" which is today's Iran.

So far Daniel appears to be 3 for 3 so far. Then the subquent events that follow is that after Persia is conquered then the "Greece" of the prophecy is fractured 4 ways. And a number of other countries apparently have there governments fail as well.

Then the confederacies of the kingdoms of the north and south form and then they sign the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9.

And so on.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Therefore, we don’t have to be related by blood in accordance to the new Covenant. It is enough to have a country with laws based in reference to teachings of the scriptures."interpretation of the law, based on principle rather than rule (Matthew 21-48). "

en.wikipedia.org...(Biblical)

Text
Christian views of the New Covenant
The Christian New Covenant involves the theological concept of a new relationship between God and humans mediated by Jesus. This new relationship is available to all people,[21] both Jews and Gentiles.
Christians vary in their view of the New Covenant. Some believe the New Covenant extends the Mosaic Covenant but it seemingly accomplishes new things.[22] Christian laws of faith claim that a New Covenant of the trinitarian God with the Christians and the Christian Church replaces, fulfills or completes God's Mosaic covenant. See also Types of Supersessionism.
The only reference in the Hebrew Bible that uses the wording "new covenant" is found in the Book of Jeremiah, Chapters 30-33 (God's promise of restoration), Chapter 31, Verses 31-34:
“ ³¹Behold, days are coming - the word of HASHEM - when I will seal a new covenant with the House of Israel and with the House of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the Lord. "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the Lord. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (Jeremiah 31:31-34) ”
This prophet's word refers to the birth of Jesus Christ and his atonement on the cross (Matthew 26:28), as well as the expounding of proper interpretation of the law, based on principle rather than rule (Matthew 21-48).

edit on 13-6-2012 by redneck13 because: v

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

It's really interesting to see that this thread was made only 2 days ago. I haven't been on ATS for a few months and just now felt like God wanted me to post these videos here. I would like to share them real quick just in case anybody hasn't already seen them. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Came across several related videos (I have NOT looked at these yet so feel free to rant...) All comment sources are from the respective YT videos

I just watched the first 5 min. of "The Sycamore of 911", AWESOME! Watch this!

"The Sycamore of 911" is a 90 min docudrama done by 2 young men on this very topic. They were inspired by Rabbi Cahn's book. I've watched several times, they have footage that will leave you speechless. Judgement is coming." ~ kimintacoma

Sycamore: The 9/11 Tragedy is perhaps the most fascinating and important film in American history. Explore the prophetic warning signs that link the Old Testament Scripture found in the prophet Isaiah 9:8-10 to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in America.

The United States of America was founded upon the God of the Bible. What will be the fate of the nation as the majority of Americans continue to harden their hearts against the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Elliott Nesch and Raymond Schwab share some astonishing prophetic discoveries linking the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks to ancient Israel's apostasy and subsequent judgment of God through the Assyrians. Schwab and Nesch travel to New York City, the birthplace and gate of America, to preach the eight prophetic heralds of God's judgment on 9/11 and call the American people to repent from their sins and turn to God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Sycamore (Full Version)

A 3 min. intro video that summarizes the "Riddle of the Sycamore" nicely:

911 and the Riddle of the Sycamore Tree

"The founder of “World Net Daily,” Joseph Farah, has produced a two-hour documentary featuring Jonathan Cahn: “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment.” “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment DVD tops faith chart at Amazon.com…It is also the No. 8 most popular documentary of any kind and the 247th most popular video for sale.” LINK

"In the Book of Isaiah, an obscure passage describes the demise of ancient Israel. Does it eerily echo the decline of the United States? Revealing astonishing parallels between the fall of ancient Israel and current events, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn's riveting presentation unravels the mystery behind Isaiah 9:10---and shows that similar harbingers of judgment are manifesting themselves in contemporary America. 120 minutes."

DVD Trailer: The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment

The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment - ON AMERICA?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

thats Libertas,an ancient Roman goddess. She is the god of freedom from slavery, oppression, and tyranny.

The Statue of liberty has broken shackles at her feet symbolizing the U.S´s freedom from monarchs.
edit on 13-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

thats Libertas,an ancient Roman goddess. She is the god of freedom from slavery, oppression, and tyranny.

The Statue of liberty has broken shackles at her feet symbolizing the U.S´s freedom from monarchs.
edit on 13-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)
'

Trust me, same goddess as Ishtar. They all have the same root that goes back 5000 years at least. Nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

thats Libertas,an ancient Roman goddess. She is the god of freedom from slavery, oppression, and tyranny. The Statue of liberty has broken shackles at her feet symbolizing the U.S´s freedom from monarchs.

How ironic, almost sounds like someone has played a VERY sick joke on us.

Are you sure it's not "freedom OF slavery, oppression, and tyranny..." ?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
if god is ok with all the dead indians and broken treaties that resulted in America and Canada then
IMHO ANY nation he supports deserves to lay forever in the dustbin of history

Since god and the bankers have been on both side of every war since when ever and no matter what country wins the peeps all lose...while the kissing cousin royalty and the priests and preachers and the bankers laugh all the way to the bank....

The problem with the premise in the OP is the dancing Israelis
and the millions of dead Muslims and their stolen properties justified by murder, and the bearing of false witness as justification....

America's and Israel's claims to any moral high ground are simply spurious and worse

edit on 12-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I am guessing you did not comprehend this thread very well and know nothing about the bible except the negative things you look up . Satan is in charge of this world until the return of Christ , god is no respect or of persons or in other words you want his respect then you have to respect and seek him .

Small narrow minded people look at their menial existance on earth as what life is and is about , this is not what we were meant for . We were spiritual beings living in bliss with God until 1/3 of us listened to Satan and God destroyed that world that was. So here we are in the second earth age in these fragile flesh bodies living in free will .but because you seek the flesh and not the spirit you see thru blinders cursing the creator and worshipping the created .

Good luck with that because your God Satan is returning and just as he decieved you into living in the flesh he will decieve you into thinking he is the way to the spirit life after a couple of stupid parlor tricks you will fall for and chase after him like a dog in heat.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Why is there a reoccurring theme? Israel is God’s chosen people and the powers that are Satan seek to destroy that which belongs to God. Christian’s old testament is from the Jewish Bible that also makes the United States the same as Israel God’s chosen people, as long as we can keep the faith. The exodus from Egypt was to bring the Israelites to their promised land. Ever notice that throughout history the Jew’s are always attacked. It is because Satan hates that which is God’s. Satan hopes the entire world will hate Jews but you will never destroy Israel because they are God’s nation. If God wanted to bring his people to the land of milk and honey, why would God want his people to settle in the desert of the Arabian Peninsula? Because he wanted Israel to have all the revenues from the oil but Israel failed to complete a task that the Lord commanded them to do. After crossing the Red Sea the first tribe to attack the Israelites were the Amalekites, God ordered the Israelite to kill all the Amalekites including their livestock. The Israelites reluctantly set out to do as they were commanded but did not complete the task God had given them. The United States is “one nation under GOD” and who attacked them? Have you ever looked at history to find out what was the first foreign power to attack the United States? The power of Satan always fights against God. As we turn away from God we also turn away from his favor.

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
The view that Islamic terrorism predates U.S. action and is justified by Quranic teachings

An alternative argument is that anti-American terrorism predated the rise of the United States as a global power and is justified by the Quran. This is exemplified by the events leading to the First Barbary War. Muslim pirates of Algiers, Morocco, Tunis, and Tripoli Barbary Coast had attacked, enslaved and held American merchant sailors for ransom, soon after the establishment of the United States of America in 1776 (see First Barbary War). These terrorist-type attacks predated any U.S. involvement in the islamic world and occurred before the US had been involved in any overseas military action. In 1786, future U.S. Presidents Thomas Jefferson and John Adams met with Tripoli’s envoy to London, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman in an attempt to negotiate an end to the piracy. Adams and Jefferson summarized their meeting in a letter dated March 28, 1786 to John Jay, the United States Secretary of Foreign Affairs:

"We took the liberty to make some enquiries concerning the ground of their pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury, and observed that we considered all mankind as our friends who had done us no wrong, nor had given us any provocation. The Ambassador [of Tripoli] answered us that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman (muslims) who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise."[20]
These diplomatic engagements suggest that a modern Jihad-like ideology existed prior to any U.S. involvement in the Islamic world, and that the Koran was used to justify this ideology.

Thus, according to critics of Islam, islamic terrorism is linked to the practice of divinely sanctioned warfare against apostates.[21][22] Many Muslim groups including the Council on American-Islamic Relations argue that references to violence in Muslim sources have been taken out of context.[23][24][25] They argue that these Koranic ayahs are only for self-defense when non-believers endanger Muslim life. While a debate may exist on the proper interpretation of Koranic verses, the terrorist actions leading to the First Barbary War and the justification provided by Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman, provide an early example where the Koran was used to justify anti-American terrorism. These events occurred at a time where the U.S. had yet to intervene in the Muslim world and argue against U.S. policy as a fundamental cause of islamic terrorism. On the contrary, the historical timeline demonstrates that the very first U.S. engagement with the Muslim world was an American response to Islamic terrorism

edit on 12-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

What most people miss when studying the bible is that when Joshua took over for Moses and was ordered to destroy all the nations in the land God promised they left a small batch in three places . Which happens to be the same three places that gives the world and Israel all the trouble , Gaza , he West Bank and Jerusalem .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Jacob demands a blessing from an angel he fought an entire night and receives the name Israel

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
Jacob
As Jacob neared the land of Canaan, he sent messengers ahead to his brother Esau. They returned with the news that Esau was coming to meet Jacob with an army of 400 men. With great apprehension, Jacob prepared for the worst. He engaged in earnest prayer to God
Jacob then transported his family and flocks across the ford Jabbok by night, then recrossed back to send over his possessions, being left alone in communion with God. There, a mysterious being appeared ("man", Genesis 32:24, 28; or "God", Genesis 32:28, 30, Hosea 12:3, 5; or "angel", Hosea 12:4), and the two wrestled until daybreak. When the being saw that he did not overpower Jacob, he touched Jacob on the sinew of his thigh and as a result, Jacob developed a limp
Jacob then demanded a blessing, and the being declared that from then on, Jacob would be called Israel (Yisra`el, meaning "one that struggled with the divine angel" (Josephus), "one who has prevailed with God" (Rashi), "a man seeing God" (Whiston), "he will rule as God" (Strong), or "a prince with God" (Morris), from Hebrew: "prevail", "have power as a prince
Israel (Jacob) was 147 years old when he called to his favorite son Joseph and pleaded that he not be buried in Egypt. Rather, he requested to be carried to the land of Canaan to be buried with his forefathers
When Joseph came to visit his father, he brought with him his two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh. Israel declared that they would be heirs to the inheritance of the house of Israel, as if they were his own children, just as Reuben and Simeon were

Jacob (Israel) fathered 12 sons They are the ancestors of the tribes of Israel, and the ones for whom the tribes are named

en.wikipedia.org...(Biblical)#Covenant_with_Isaac
The Israel covenant

Text
The Israel covenant[Deut. 29:1-29] [30:1-10] is a conditional covenant between God and the children of Israel. After warning that Israel will be dispersed among the nations, and conditional to Israel's repentance, return to God, and obedience to the Mosaic law. In regard to this covenant Israel and the Jewish people are referenced separately so that when God refers to Israel he is referring the descendants of Ephraim.[Jer 31:9-10] The Lord also says that he has chosen Israel over Judah i.e. the Jewish people in regard to the return to the land. [Jer 3:11-14] God promises:
1. That Israel would lose their identity[Isa 7:8]
2. That while Israel (Ephraim) will become many nations between the Nile and the Euphrates, yet only a remnant of the people of Ephraim will return[Isa 10:22]
3. That Israel and Judah will be at war with each other, but that the Lord would bring about a peace between Israel and Judah[Zech 9:10] [11:14] [Jer 30:1-7]
4. That Ephraim would return to Lebanon and Gilead, which is located in Western Jordan [Zech 10:7-10] However, the only people living in these areas now are the Arab peoples. The Palestinian Refugee camps are also located in these locations
5. That there would be a conflict between Ephraim and many other nations of the World[Deut 33:17] [Zech 9:13]
6. The remnant that will return from Ephraim will be the descendants of those who did not bow to Baal[1 Kings 19:10-18]
7. That a new nation of Ephraim will form south of Israel in Saudi Arabia or Egypt. A nation the Jewish people will refer to as Sodom[Ezek 16:46,49]
8. To regather Israel from its dispersion and unite them with Judah, but that Judah would not recognize them [Ezek 16:59-63] [Deut 33:9]
9. That a people who are called "Not his people" will be called his people[Hos 1:10]
10. To bring the Israelites to the land which their fathers possessed (here named Land of Canaan)[Hos 1:11]
11. To prosper the Israelites above their fathers.
12. To restore the Israelites spiritually so that Israel will love the Lord with all their heart and soul
13. To put all the curses of Israel upon Israel's enemies
14. That the descendants of Judah, i.e. the Jewish people, would return to where their family "Israel" already was [Deut 33:7

National covenants
National covenants by the nations of Israel and Judah can be found in texts such as Exodus 19:8, Joshua 24:24, 2 Kings 3:3 (Josiah), 2 Chron. 15:8-15, 23:16, 34:31-32, Nehemiah 10:29 and Jeremiah 50:5. National covenants were often associated with times of spiritual renewal or revival

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The Declaration of the Establishment
of the State of Israel
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Text
The third section
, one paragraph long, is the proclamation of the establishment of the State of Israel, and it is the most important operative part of the Declaration. The rest of the document can be seen as supportive elaboration. From an international legal point of view, this section alone would have sufficed. The precise text here reads "...the establishment of a Jewish State in the Land of Israel - the State of Israel." The precise meaning of the term "Jewish state," which recurs four times in the Declaration, has since prompted much public debate, which has recently grown in intensity. However, at the time of the writing of the Declaration, this had hardly occasioned either discussion or questions. It seemed clear that the reference was both to the "Jewish state" mentioned by the UN Resolution, and to the state of the "Jewish people," mentioned several times in the Declaration as am yehudi ("Jewish people"), and once each as am yisrael ("people of Israel") and ha‘am ha’ivri ("the Hebrew people").
Two points in this part of the Declarationdeserve emphasis:
• The guidelines indicating that the fundamentals of freedom, justice and peace be those "envisaged by the prophets of Israel" underscores the message of Israel as a Jewish state –though the authors of the Declaration undoubtedly regarded this vision as a source of universal values;
• This list of egalitarian principles assures not only the rights and equality of the individual citizen, but also collective rights, for the notion of freedom of religion is meaningless unless it implies freedom for every religion. Similarly, the freedoms of language, education and culture are meaningful only if they entitle every national group to speak its own language, to educate its children according to its goals and to maintain its own culture. It seems evident that it was the intent of the authors of the Declaration to assure hereby the rights of religious and national minorities, i.e., the Arabs, and that less thought was given to individuals and groups within the Jewish majority. However, the struggle to implement the rights of both the Jewish majority and the Arab minority have continued to this day.

The state of Israel is bound to the fulfillment of the Covenant of Israel. The constitution is bearing witness to the world that the nation of Israel has a covenant with God.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join