It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Congressmen Wore Uniforms Which Identifies All Their Corporate Sponsors?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

That is a great idea and should be mandatory!!! Also any money, jet travel and junkets should be placed on their jump suit just like f1. Should they not be proud of their sponsors. Not wearing the suit, would be a felony of 10,000 dollar fine and 1 year in jail mandatory. Maybe this is extreme but they act like their for the average citizen this would show their true colors, and gauge their patriotism.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
@OP

Love the idea.

Super love the idea.

Just wish we could make it happen

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
It's so funny that it's been remarked before. Like today:

What If Congressmen Wore Uniforms Like NASCAR Drivers Which Identifies All Their Corporate Sponsors?

And a few years ago

Congress Should Wear T-Shirts With Endorsements: Caroline Baum

And on Jon Stewart but I can't find the link.

Come on people, quit posting email forwards to ATS

That's a great point.

Nobody should EVER discuss or repeat something that's now a part of "history". No talk about wars, elections, the Constitution/Bill or Right etc. I mean, C'MON! Those things were written and discussed Years ago. No need to bring it up again.....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
sandf
awesome idea
dress 'em up like a bass pro or a nascar or the boards in a hockey rink

edit on 12-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think such things should be public information. The public should know who pays the people I vote to represent me. Anyone who wishes to be a public servant, should understand that they should be forth coming with this information. If theres a conflict of interest, the voters should know. Then again, votes dont count, and the msm is just tool to entertain the masses. Nothing on tv is aything more than entertainment, and people should realize and get the real information, which unfortunately, could be anywhere. Sometimes its found, sometimes not.. But most people dont pay attention to anything political.. And if they do, less pay attention to local elections. Pawn.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks to the poster for the links...Congress Should Wear T-Shirts With Endorsements: Caroline Baum

I found this link reading the link above...

These profiles can show you who's making the big political contributions in your state, as well as where the money's coming from (by city, by zip code, and graphically with our "money maps"). You'll also find links to a money profile of your senators and representative, with a detailed look at where their campaign warchest came from.

Source

Do all you can to get to know your local and state Officials...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah I love to see some union logos in congress bought and paid for by SEIU, UAW, etc.

Fair is fair.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Open the door? LOL. That door has already been torn off its hinges and the gateway is wide open.

This would just allow the public to physically see WHO is sponsoring who.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

But I thought we all wanted a system where the corporations were NOT involved.

Like I said, this is opening the door and everyone is falling for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I like it and would support it.

I have an idea also...It would be great to start with Congress too,(just to test it out). They all get pay reductions to minimum wage! Restrict all luxury benefits. just a base minimum wage level salary.

If you run for congress and sign up for it you have to serve like 2-4 yrs. you cannot break the contract or its instant jail time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join