It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of yacht explosion off New Jersey coast may have been a hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Report of yacht explosion off New Jersey coast may have been a hoax

m.nydailynews.com

An SOS call Monday purporting that a yacht called “Blind Date”
exploded off the New Jersey coast with 21 people aboard may have
been a hoax.
The U.S. Coast Guard received the distress call at about 4:20 p.m. from
someone claiming they had abandoned ship about 17 miles off Sandy
Hook.
“There have been no signs of debris and no life rafts. No one has been
found at this time,” Coast Guard spokesman Thomas McKenzie said
three hours after helicopters and rescue boats were dispatched to
search the waters.
“We’ve tried to reach out to the boat without success,” McKenzie said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was watching ABC news when this came in. The initial response was pretty big, they originally asked for one or two helicopters for transport to the hospital and ended up asking for all that was available. This allegedly happened about 17 miles off the coast of Sandy Hook, NJ. There was an S.O.S that came in from the yacht, from the news report, it took about an hour from the call to when the Coast Guard actually arrived.

Upon arriving, they saw no signs of debris, people, or lifeboats. Now it might have been a hoax....For such a big response, considering they were thinking mass causalities, I think this is very odd. The article also says the person called from a solar powered phone....

Was this just a stupid prank that shouldnt have happened, was this to see how certain departments would respond? Or was this a way to move everyone away from an area so something can be set up? I know, I know, dont think too hard, everything is not a conspiracy, but how often does this happen.....

What does the lovely Ats think? I will definitely be looking for more updates, all I know is the search is still on, but no signs yet

m.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I wanted to add that it was 21 people stranded and 7 injured with 2 rafts if I remember correctly. So no people, rafts, or yacht debris were found as of yet...
edit on 11-6-2012 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

ABC News
edit on 11-6-2012 by WeBrooklyn because: add link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Some one needs ro check to see if a yacht called “Blind Date” is even real. If it is then where is it at or where was it last seen. If a yacht realy did go down what happen? Was this someones idea of a sick joke or what?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Seems a call similar to this happened a yr ago, same place. That time someone called and said 4 men were stranded off the waters of Sandy Hook, that turned into a hoax with a response tab at $90,000, just wanted to add that

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I thought the same thing, this was hours ago, you'd think by now they would know if this actually existed or not.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I just did a little digging on line and found out that a yacht named Blind Date is like a man named John Smith
There is thousands of yachts going by that name. It could take some time to track them all down. Looking more and more like a hoax.

top topics

join