It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Theory I've Come Up With

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My theory on alien life is as follows:

1. Aliens, intelligent aliens, do exist. It is ill-logical to believe that in the entire vastness of the universe, humans are the only intelligent beings.

2. The majority, of (if not ALL) UFO sightings and 'abductees' are fake.

In regards to #2. you may find yourself asking Why? Well, quite simply put, if YOU had the ability to fly anywhere you wanted in space, within a resonable amount of time, would you fly all the way to Earth just to pick up humans, and do weird and unusual experiements and tests to them? Likely the answer you will come to is no. The reason I think this, is because if the alien species in question is anything like the human race, they would attempt to establish contact, and not play practical jokes on humans.

Praise? Flames? Comments please.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

alien species in question is anything like the human race, they would attempt to establish contact, and not play practical jokes on humans.

Of course, but what is they are watching over us, and just checking up on the heath of our race?

Just another theory.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
maybe they want to study us before making contact so that they know what they are dealing with. maybe they want to know our strengths and weaknesses before they make contact just incase we are hostile towards them and they need to defend them selves, or if they are the hostile ones..they will know how to deal with us if when contact happens, it doesnt go the way they would like it to.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElvishSolution
In regards to #2. you may find yourself asking Why? Well, quite simply put, if YOU had the ability to fly anywhere you wanted in space, within a resonable amount of time, would you fly all the way to Earth just to pick up humans, and do weird and unusual experiements and tests to them? Likely the answer you will come to is no. The reason I think this, is because if the alien species in question is anything like the human race, they would attempt to establish contact, and not play practical jokes on humans.

Perhaps they were here first. Recorded history is very short compared to the estimated age of planet earth. It's like trying to figure out the plot of a movie by being able read only the last line of the script.

Perhaps they were here first, perhaps they have always been here, and flying saucers are a good way to make sure we keep looking out there for them .

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I hate to be the harbinger of bad news. However, your theory is nothing new, it is the most popular criticism of the ET/UFO phenomena.

1. if YOU had the ability to fly anywhere you wanted in space, within a resonable amount of time, would you fly all the way to Earth just to pick up humans

It is unknown how hard or easy space travel is for them. It is unknown where they are originating from. It is unknown how much their missions entail(e.g. are they visiting others too)

A space faring race that can make near-instant travels, via wormholes or dimensional gates, or a race stationed on a nearby planet or moon, would find it easy to travel here. To them, "all the way" is seconds, minutes, hours, days.

just to pick up humans, and do weird and unusual experiements and tests to them?

What you classify as unusual and weird, may not be weird for them. In the same way our experiments on animals are not classified as unusual or weird by us.

The reason I think this, is because if the alien species in question is anything like the human race, they would attempt to establish contact, and not play practical jokes on humans.

We know they are not like the human race, that is why we call them "aliens" they hold from an unknown culture. Their politics, religion, philosophy, science, art is expected to be different. Again, what you consider to be pratical jokes, maybe serious research for them.

There are many possible explanations for abductions and sightings, I'll leave that for others to explain to you.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My opinion, but this theory is not interesting.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

While I agree than MANY of these sightings/encounters are fake, if even ONE is real, then there is an issue, no? And there is ample evidence to support many such sightings/encounters were real. I'd advise looking into the Roswell Case, Hill Case, Rendlesham Case, etc. for some well-supported ones. A trip to majesticdocuments.com may also illuminate you on the phenomenon...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You all make valid points. We all have our opinions though, and yes, I do agree that if even ONE of the sightings or abductions is real, that there is indeed an issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am an experiencer and have been for fifty years they are studing us and everything on this planet. They are here in our deepest water's some are in starships waiting for peace on this planet before contact they know humans are hostile.
Keep looking up I believe ship activity will be picking up very soon on the West coast especially in California.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElvishSolution

Praise? Flames? Comments please.

The greys, little grey aliens, are lost. They are in trouble and need help from our genetic, so they must abduct humans in order to acquire the necessary materials to live and reproduce.

The obvious material is genetic material such as sperm and ova which are removed from abductees and probably used by the greys to make their hybrid embryos and to make their artificial or proto humans, etc.

You see, we have something they don't have

Ameliaxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The greys, little grey aliens, are lost. They are in trouble and need help from our genetic, so they must abduct humans in order to acquire the necessary materials to live and reproduce.

Lost? They seem to find their way to people's rooms consistently =).

Ill tell you what though. As soon as I am able im going to abduct the little greys and take what I need

Amelia, im not mocking you. I appreciate you optimism. I hope the greys agenda is of benefit to mankind.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

If i was an alien i would sure as hell be studying us from a distance,look at us from a general point of view

1.were exceptionally destructive towards each other.

2.Were trying to harness potentially lethal power sources such as nuclear power,sometimes with disastrous results.

3.were constantly destroying huge land masses of immense ecological immportance.

4.were heavily polluting are seas and oceans-the basis for all life.

I could go on and on but ive said this before,in nature species of all kinds seem to find some sort of harmony and balance,humans dont really try and do this-know as an observer that would worry me,just like im sure it would bother anyone who wanted to visit us.

What you classify as unusual and weird, may not be weird for them. In the same way our experiments on animals are not classified as unusual or weird by us.

V.true we have no solid or any proof of what we might be coming in contact with--slaughter a shed load of cattle a year for McDonals,thats ok but commit mass genicide,ohhhhh no,no,no.
What if there looking at us for there equivelent version of Maccy Ds?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

1.Their technology allows them to do so,the distance is nothing once you have the right technology,unlike rockets and shuttles,which are...primitive

2.there is hardly any chance they will be like us

If i was an alien i would sure as hell be studying us from a distance,look at us from a general point of view

1.were exceptionally destructive towards each other.

2.Were trying to harness potentially lethal power sources such as nuclear power,sometimes with disastrous results.

3.were constantly destroying huge land masses of immense ecological immportance.

4.were heavily polluting are seas and oceans-the basis for all life.

how do you know we are the only ones in the universe to behave like that?

[edit on 5-10-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

how do you know we are the only ones in the universe to behave like that?

idont,i just pray:

p.s. Ameila,if you really look like that can you abduct me?

[edit on 5-10-2004 by optimus fett]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Definitley not a new theory. I think if one can aaccept the existence of aliens, but cannot accept the vast amounts of evidence of alien visitation to earth, that person would have to be pretty closed minded.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Elvish Solution, your hypothesis makes the most sense to me.

I don�t think anyone can make a case that life isn�t probable in our galaxy (let�s for the sake of argument limit it to our galaxy) and that Drake�s Equation gives us a pretty good insight into the chances that such exist (see the Drake�s Equation thread at www.abovetopsecret.com...).

And I agree that, if we accept that these putative aliens are bound by the same general rules of logic and physics as we know about, the chance of them actually having visited us is extremely small. Of course, there are a lot of people who try to explain the �sense� of their being here by assuming they are ��A space faring race that can make near-instant travels, via wormholes or dimensional gates�� [Indigo Child] which means that we now have to make another assumption: that such things as wormholes or dimensional gates actually exist.

Well, I think that�s kind of an ingenuous argument. It�s like saying, �Well, maybe they�re using magic. Sure. They could be using magic. If you postulate a class of critters that doesn�t play by our rules of logic and physics, than anything is possible. But if that�s the case, why even debate the issue. If you don�t start of a discussion by agreeing on some basic principles, then the argument goes nowhere.

It would be like you trying to argue theology with me when I start off by saying, �Let�s assume, for the sake of this argument, that I really am the reincarnation of Jesus Christ.�

Some of the other comments don�t appear to make much sense to me either.

Bunkbuster says: �Perhaps they were here first. Recorded history is very short compared to the estimated age of planet earth. It's like trying to figure out the plot of a movie by being able read only the last line of the script.

Perhaps they were here first, perhaps they have always been here, and flying saucers are a good way to make sure we keep looking out there for them.�

Perhaps. And perhaps they�re really here today but just disguised as gray squirrels! There�s as much evidence for one idea as the other. Bunk says ��recorded history is very short��, but the geological and paleontological record is not. How a species of critters with that sort of civilization could evolve, come into flower and then hide itself over millennia without leaving a trace is quite beyond my comprehension.

Shoafy says� � maybe they want to study us before making contact so that they know what they are dealing with. maybe they want to know our strengths and weaknesses before they make contact just incase we are hostile towards them and they need to defend them selves, or if they are the hostile ones..they will know how to deal with us if when contact happens, it doesnt go the way they would like it to.�

Or maybe they want to turn their fnorkinator ray on us and instantly transmute us into the Arcturian version of roast beef.

Both of those hypotheses are backed up by the exact same amount of evidence: none at all. Flying around deserted places and picking up individuals and then returning them does not fit in to any way I can see of conducting any sort of reconnaissance -- unless y want to get back to the �well, maybe they do it differently than we do� or the �magic� assertion.

Gazrok makes a very important point when he says: � While I agree than MANY of these sightings/encounters are fake, if even ONE is real, then there is an issue, no? And there is ample evidence to support many such sightings/encounters were real.�

One real sighting encounter, if you can agree what real is, would certainly put me in the believer�s camp. However, I have reviewed many of them, including the Rendelsham and Roswell cases, and I don�t consider that evidence good enough for me, although there are many here who think it is.

But it is Heelsotone who comes up with the most cogent and telling points, when he says, � My opinion, but this theory is not interesting.�

If you want facts, truth and evidence, then your theory makes sense, because it takes advantage of such. However, the truth (or at least what you and I might perceive as truth) is not nearly as much fun and interesting a wormholes and midnight probes. People need interesting things, and sometimes they will give up truth and logic for it.

Perhaps that�s one reason why novels, and not user manuals, make the New York Times Best-Seller List.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

One real sighting encounter, if you can agree what real is, would certainly put me in the believer�s camp. However, I have reviewed many of them, including the Rendelsham and Roswell cases, and I don�t consider that evidence good enough for me, although there are many here who think it is.

Other than a physical piece of either the debris or the alien, you can't get any more for evidence from either of those two cases!
Are you saying that you'd need either

1: An official release from the government, stating that a flying saucer was recovered? (oh wait, we already have that...
)

OR

2: You'd need to see and touch either a piece of the debris or the alien itself, in order to believe?

Not discounting, just curious as to what you'd consider valid evidence...???

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I tend to agree. I believe some abductees/contactees are genuine people who have experienced real events, but I think the majority of all these reports are common sleep disorders and just hysteria in general. You'll believe whatever you want. I think many of the UFOs, are just that. Unidentified. I find it very likely that we are being visited, just most of it is blown way out of porportion.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
I tend to agree. I believe some abductees/contactees are genuine people who have experienced real events, but I think the majority of all these reports are common sleep disorders and just hysteria in general. You'll believe whatever you want. I think many of the UFOs, are just that. Unidentified. I find it very likely that we are being visited, just most of it is blown way out of porportion.

True...But like Gaz said, it doesn't matter if MOST of it is blown out of pprportion, as long as one single incident is true, the rest of the BS doesn't matter. Taking into consideration all of the evidence that points to visitation in some form or another, I have to say that the probably of just one incident being authentic is high.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's what cracks me up about mankind...they think science proves everything.Alot of things are unexplainable and i mean alot but they dont want to except the fact.You just need to have some faith forget about hardcore evidence.As long as the gov't exists it's going to be extremely hard to present some hardcore evidence.A majority of the world is so naive that an alien would have to be sitting in their living room for them to believe they exist.You want evidence just look at our technology now,it really stepped up wouldn't you say?.Man is smart but not that smart.You just need to be patient they will present themselves when the time is right until then we will just get teased by them so to speak.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join