It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All The Michigan Folk On ATS. I Need Your Help.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
From Genesee co.Flint area I see A10s and blackhawks alot lately. Michigan would be the perfect KEEP. surounded with large fresh water lakes with a small land border to defend. But to attack here would be like pokeing a hornets nest. Everyone I personally know have rifles, shotguns, pistols and woman that will back them up. These people can get mean quickly and are hard......I believe something happend in Lake Huron.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Guys I can't figure out how to post the site.
PALISADE NUCLEAR EMERGENCY. RSOE SITE.

I'm sorry I can't seem to put up the site. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

So this may be what has been going on. There are two news reports dated Now.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Guys I can't figure out how to post the site.
PALISADE NUCLEAR EMERGENCY. RSOE SITE.

I'm sorry I can't seem to put up the site. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

So this may be what has been going on. There are two news reports dated Now.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Nuclear Event in USA on Wednesday, 13 June, 2012 at 05:40 (05:40 AM) UTC.

Base data
EDIS Number: NC-20120613-35433-USA
Event type: Nuclear Event
Date/Time: Wednesday, 13 June, 2012 at 05:40 (05:40 AM) UTC
Last update: ---
Cause of event:
Damage level: Minor
Geographic information
Continent: North-America
County / State: State of Michigan
Area: Palisades Nuclear Generating Station
City: South Haven
Coordinate: N 42° 19.411, W 86° 18.886
Number of affected people / Humanities loss ??????????????
Foreign people: Affected is unknown. ??????????? Cover -up

edit on 13-6-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

COVERT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Operators of the Palisades nuclear plant in Van Buren County removed the facility from service Tuesday to repair a leak in a key water system.
Entergy workers took the plant offline around 6:50 p.m. Tuesday.

According to a news release from an Entergy spokesman, workers had been monitoring leakage from the plant's safety injection/refueling water tank for several days. but by 1:41 p.m. Tuesday, the leakage had surpassed the limits they set so the tank was declared inoperative.

The 300,000-gallon tank holds water that also contained boric acid, which is used in pressurized water nuclear reactor systems. The water is used to flood the reactor cavity when the plant is offline for refueling. The tank also provides water to cool the reactor core for extended periods in the event of emergencies.

Source

The leaky tank in question at the Palisades Nuclear Power Plant in South Haven holds 300,000 gallons of water in case of emergencies or a planned refueling outage. In a written statement issued late Tuesday night a Palisades spokesman says workers have been collecting and analyzing water that’s leaked from the tank.
On Tuesday workers collected 31 gallons of water. At that point administrators declared the tank "inoperable" and shut down the plant down while workers fix the leak.

Source

would this planned shutdown cause all the military action?
edit on 13/6/12 by passit because: edits

edit on Wed Jun 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPYvsSPY
From Genesee co.Flint area I see A10s and blackhawks alot lately. Michigan would be the perfect KEEP. surounded with large fresh water lakes with a small land border to defend. But to attack here would be like pokeing a hornets nest. Everyone I personally know have rifles, shotguns, pistols and woman that will back them up. These people can get mean quickly and are hard......I believe something happend in Lake Huron.

This is why I think the government had the Sawyer air base up here for years. The base was located in the central UP and housed B-52 bombers with nukes. The bombers would fly up to the Russian border and circle just outside their airspace in case a strike was needed.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Hey guys eyes are open, I live in mid michigan. I hope this thread dont die anytime soon. I have alot to add to the convo but gotta work soon.

Just a thought if iwas a rebel crushing federal government my first place to start would be geographically isolated areas were a rebelion could dig in such as mountainous areas. As well as michigan, becaus its surroundwd by water on three sides and our ohio/indiana border would be fairly easy to blockade.

Especially when we have all these wild boys running around (michigan militia and all the all straped individuals in dtown and the sticks). I would be nervous about mountain men and michigan boys if I was tptb and the shtf.

So the idea of drills and wargames in michigan makes the most sense to me. Any thing to add to that guys??

~citizenjack

Sorry about typos doing this on my phone.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OK, another quick update. I just spoke with the Michigan Department of Corrections and the facility I spoke of in earlier posts is not a MDOC facility and they claim they are not rebuilding it either. I am going to do some digging around to see if I can find who owns the land, if it is state or private now, and just why it is being worked on. Now I am suspicious but still not ready to draw any conclusions.

I am going to go drive by again and see what I can find out. Will update when I return. And thanks to all who have posted while I was away. I never thought this thread would go this far.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Palasades has bee shut down since Monday well they started the shutdown Monday and the water leak should be fixed soon. THey are bringing a new cooling tower online at the same time just killing 2 birds with one stone. The other new will be brought online sometime this fall. I know several people that work there. The whole Alpena thing seems to be a farce and the South Bend nuke issue was a screwed up sensor reading.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xKatox
i seen alot of military present at the border of Wisconsin and Illinois right above Zion, Illinois

Funny....I haven't. I hardly see any military traffic at all...except at Gurnee Mills when the sailors from Great Lakes hit the mall.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So, I snapped a few photos with my Iphone this morning. Sorry about the size on a few but I'm working with my wife's computer and I am still learning the mac system as my computer took a crap a few weeks ago. Now the MDOC stated to me this morning on the phone that they had nothing to do with this facility yet there were DOC vehicles there with prisoners in orange jump suits cleaning out the housing buildings. Something fishy is deffinitely going on I believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
OK, another quick update. I just spoke with the Michigan Department of Corrections and the facility I spoke of in earlier posts is not a MDOC facility and they claim they are not rebuilding it either. I am going to do some digging around to see if I can find who owns the land, if it is state or private now, and just why it is being worked on. Now I am suspicious but still not ready to draw any conclusions.

I am going to go drive by again and see what I can find out. Will update when I return. And thanks to all who have posted while I was away. I never thought this thread would go this far.

I did some internet searches this morning and found some info for you. (hope it is the place you are referring to!)

Found a PDF from the Waterloo township calling for the demolition of "Camp Waterloo" (Dec 21, 2011). PDF here.

It ends with this:

Therefore, The Waterloo Township Board, Jackson County Michigan calls upon Department of Corrections
Director, Mr. Daniel H. Heyns to immediately begin demolition of Camp Waterloo, and to restore it to its
original natural state in a timely manner.

I also found this article about the camp from January 2012.

Corrections director, former sheriff Dan Heyns visits old prison camp to assess cleanup progress

The facility, closed in 2001, looked as though the department simply walked away from it, giving it an apocalyptic feel, said Heyns, who was heading from Maute Road to Brighton to visit another closed camp. “It’s almost like there was a nuclear blast.”

He would like to see the state appropriate some dollars to raze the camp. The cost of tearing down the buildings has been estimated at $800,000 or more, a large sum at a time of budgetary difficulties.

Scripter appreciates the cleanup efforts, but said the camp should go. She would rather see trees, deer and wild animals than dilapidated structures. “The only good thing for it now is to be torn down and turned into state land.”

So hopefully this is just a demolition & cleanup effort!!

OiO

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I just spoke with the Michigan Department of Corrections

You may want to jump on google and see what private prison corporations there are in your state and give them a call or send an email.
Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for that. Hopefully that is the case, but I am still puzzled as to why the fences were repaired and new wire was put up. I will keep an eye on it as the summer progresses though. It is surrounded by state land so that would make sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is what I believe to be the best overall report on this incident. It is well worth watching and has picture of trees snapped in half on a clear day from the blast.

edit on 13-6-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Nuclear Event in USA on Wednesday, 13 June, 2012 at 05:40 (05:40 AM) UTC.

The Palisades nuclear power plant is shut down. Officials at the plant removed it from service due to what is being described as a "small leak" in the plant's safety injection and refueling water tank. That tank holds as much as 300-thousand gallons of water that is used remove heat from the reactor's core in the event of a coolant accident and to increase "shutdown safety margin." It's not known how long the troubled facility will remain out of service. Palisades has been ranked by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as one of the four worst nuclear plants in the nation.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

This is the content you were talking about. This is the second 'leak' in a week? The other being in Ohio? This is really suspicious.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

I like the theory that readings were due to Nuc Plant. But hasnt there been mention of high rads in ambient air for a week or so?

I just want to interject (no one seems to have done this: Japan & MI are 80 degrees latitude from one another--but are on nearly the same parellel. Could they be related? Not in any mystical/HAARP/end times thing. China Syndrome couldn't go through the core (I would hope). But not one knows where that molten metal has crept.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is the link to the thread earlier about the leak in Ohio. www.abovetopsecret.com...

My questions are explosions? Leaks? Are we being attacked? If so, by whom? How much radiation has been released this time?

There are other references on that thread to the radiation spikes which have been mentioned on this thread. This cannot be a coincidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Palasades got new owners a few years back and the first thing they did was cut people with seniority and bring in a bunch of new hires. It only took a short time for that to catch up with them. Their owned by the same company that owns vermont yankee. Lots of big exec bonuses and some water leaks. Most people I know got canned a few years back and they will not re hire the people that know how to run the place. One woman i know got fired because she faile a high level safety test. She was the trainer and the person that ran the test and had no reason to even take the test because she was federally certified to train people for itand to give the test. She wasn't out of work long and got a lot of money for being canned

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I live just outside Detroit itself, township actually, and other than tshtf with people who are losing their homes and assistance not much by way of things happening.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Alpena regional Airport is a joint public / military airport. I think you would have to kinda go out of your way to be arrested if you have a military ID.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a thought. Also nothing in the paper up there about the arrest and nothing on the TV news.

Just Say'n
edit on 13-6-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join