It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All The Michigan Folk On ATS. I Need Your Help.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Alpena regional Airport is a joint public / military airport. I think you would have to kinda go out of your way to be arrested if you have a military ID.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a thought. Also nothing in the paper up there about the arrest and nothing on the TV news.

Just Say'n
edit on 13-6-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

One thing to think about is that if it is a joint military location the arrest/detainment records may have been done by the military and not public officials. Who knows though. He may have just been detained and not arrested.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for that. Hopefully that is the case, but I am still puzzled as to why the fences were repaired and new wire was put up. I will keep an eye on it as the summer progresses though. It is surrounded by state land so that would make sense.

I looked for info about the fence. The only thing I came up with was a mention in an article about "basic security measures". I also found some photos a reporter took in January showing the shiny razor wire.

Editorial: State corrections department takes responsibility for Camp Waterloo

Jackson County’s former sheriff was in the area this week, choosing an unseasonably warm day and an even better cause for his visit.

Heyns visited the former Camp Waterloo to get a sense for the cleanup his Department of Corrections has started there in recent months. Some of the trash, debris and other signs of blight are gone, and basic security measures are now in place.

And here is the link to the razor wire photo.

I can only guess that the history of vandalism, arson and theft helped with the decision to raise the fence while the clean up is under way. Just a guess though.

OiO

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
After reading all this, could this be Roswell 2012?
Considering the following subjects in this thread : explosion, radiation, arrests, military activity and the most important : nobody knows anything for sure?
I have read this before...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Here is what I believe to be the best overall report on this incident. It is well worth watching and has picture of trees snapped in half on a clear day from the blast.

edit on 13-6-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

Thanks! Now if someone could only tell me why the youtube video of the snapped trees is no longer available and youtube shows that the account that created it has been terminated.

Edit Add: It looks like the video can be viewed by LiveLeak.com:

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 13-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just saw this today on the RSOE site regarding the nuclear plant in Palisades.

The Palisades nuclear power plant is shut down. Officials at the plant removed it from service due to what is being described as a "small leak" in the plant's safety injection and refueling water tank. That tank holds as much as 300-thousand gallons of water that is used remove heat from the reactor's core in the event of a coolant accident and to increase "shutdown safety margin." It's not known how long the troubled facility will remain out of service. Palisades has been ranked by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as one of the four worst nuclear plants in the nation.

Thanks usmc for your investigative work, and yea this thread is all over the place and I am not sure what anomaly belongs to what. I would not feel too comfortable knowing I was near a leaking plant that was one of the 4 worse in the country.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

The only reason I don't think this has anything to do with the Palisades Nuclear Plant is because it is often taken down for maintenance and repairs (apparently it was taken offline back in April for 33 days too) and there has not been a "no fly zone" put into affect in the area since the "explosions" have taken place either.

I think this is something occurring underground.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadCompie
After reading all this, could this be Roswell 2012?
Considering the following subjects in this thread : explosion, radiation, arrests, military activity and the most important : nobody knows anything for sure?
I have read this before...

Your comment made me think of this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No radiation that I'm aware of, nor arrests, but everything else.... I do wonder if these strange occurrences are in any way linked or if there is something bigger than these regional events taking place?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
another military chopper headed north just now.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To the poster who wanted a google earth map of the area around zion that someone had mentioned:

maps.google.com...,-87.83285&z=13&t=h&hl=en

I linked it into google maps, was unsure as to how to get the coordinates

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
To the poster who wanted a google earth map of the area around zion that someone had mentioned:

That was me, thank you for the link and for remembering.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

your pics on page nine interested me. only a small detail but did you notice the continuous pipe along the fence and around the gates?
it may be nothing, however it seems unusual.
regards f.

add. also it seems this pipework is on the exterior of the fence. quite vunerable unless it's some kind of proximity deterrent setup.
edit on 13-6-2012 by fakedirt because: oh btw

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

That was me, thank you for the link and for remembering.

You're most welcome

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by xKatox
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

i seen alot of troops loading trucks and their was construction being done so we had to take a detour that curved behind some trees, from their i couldn't see what else was their. But also i hear more helicopters more then usually i thought it was because of NATO protest but that was last month and their still here

Has anyone attempted to pull this area up on google earth?

The image I'm getting for Grayling, MI was taken July 25th, 2010.
Google Earth is entirely useless for anything real-time or even recent...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I haven't seen or heard shat... But I have blond hair and blue eyes...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by passit

COVERT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Operators of the Palisades nuclear plant in Van Buren County removed the facility from service Tuesday to repair a leak in a key water system.
Entergy workers took the plant offline around 6:50 p.m. Tuesday.

According to a news release from an Entergy spokesman, workers had been monitoring leakage from the plant's safety injection/refueling water tank for several days. but by 1:41 p.m. Tuesday, the leakage had surpassed the limits they set so the tank was declared inoperative.

The 300,000-gallon tank holds water that also contained boric acid, which is used in pressurized water nuclear reactor systems. The water is used to flood the reactor cavity when the plant is offline for refueling. The tank also provides water to cool the reactor core for extended periods in the event of emergencies.

Source

The leaky tank in question at the Palisades Nuclear Power Plant in South Haven holds 300,000 gallons of water in case of emergencies or a planned refueling outage. In a written statement issued late Tuesday night a Palisades spokesman says workers have been collecting and analyzing water that’s leaked from the tank.
On Tuesday workers collected 31 gallons of water. At that point administrators declared the tank "inoperable" and shut down the plant down while workers fix the leak.

Source

would this planned shutdown cause all the military action?
edit on 13/6/12 by passit because: edits

edit on Wed Jun 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

It would if the shutdown wasn't planned, and in fact was a retaliatory STUXNET attack

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I'm sorry I can't offer first-hand reports of the extremely weird things happening in Michigan, but I can say this: Something sure smells fishy. Maybe I'm not so sorry I don't live there. I feel for the people who do, whatever happens.

Twilite, I sent you a U2U about the other question you had because I've had a few posts removed from another thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

My guess about the fencing ig they are tearing the place down would be to keep the heavy equipment secure. When I was a teenager we used to go around starting bulldozers and playing with them when we were not supposed to. Thank you for helping me research this though. It is much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To all the posters: thank you for your input. If I have missed any questions or anything I am sorry, this thread took a life of it's own. Go ahead and ask again and I will try to answer. Also when I have some time later I will look back through to see what i have missed. I think if we keep working at it we may just get somewhere with this thread. Sometime in the next few weeks I plan on visiting the supposed Lansing, and Detroit Fema Camps to have a look for myself and will update when I do. For now let's keep plugging away and see what happens.

Again, thanks to all who have participated in this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

i dont believe you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join