It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The average man and woman is in a trance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by TRGreer

Thank you!

And, I hope you are right! Power is in the change! The power structure as it is is now must crumble! People must see they are the victims of a system that is designed to keep them poor. I believe anything else is just self-delusioned fantasy.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining! - "Judge Judy"

Unfortunately, you don't seem to realize that the exact words you speak about other people are the ones that keep us from becoming unified.

Do you not understand that your attitude is very divisive? That you are, in fact, alienating the very same people you want to "save"?

Honestly, I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt - that you don't actually understand human nature and are motivated only by idealism.

I suppose you think that you and your fellows are the only ones who have ever called for revolution?

Well, you are not.

And, do you know where those past "revolutionists" are?

Sitting pretty in their mansions, "keeping everyone else poor".

Do you know where the current "revolutionists" will be in 30 years?

I'll give you two guesses.

I want to give you credit, daynight42, but you come across as a political zealot spouting the words of other charismatic people and who is really either a teenager living at home or a recent college graduate who cannot get a job with his completely useless degree.

I'm not trying to upset you or insult you, but I feel like I should tell you how you are perceived by other people.

There is room in the world for a multitude of opinions. Calling people who do not believe as you "deluded" is not going to gain their sympathies or ears. This is just more likely to get them dismiss your entire argument as the rantings of someone who knows nothing more than what the "cool people" tell him.

That said, what do you consider "poor"?

In the post-revolution world, where the current power schema has been toppled, how will things work? Who will control resources? Who will ensure peace? How will we ensure peace? And, finally, what are you doing to ensure that the power structure crumbles successfully?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I always snap out of my Trance when its time to clean out the cat boxes.

But, thats life.
edit on 16-6-2012 by RUFFREADY because: spelling of course

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
That said, what do you consider "poor"?

In the post-revolution world, where the current power schema has been toppled, how will things work? Who will control resources? Who will ensure peace? How will we ensure peace? And, finally, what are you doing to ensure that the power structure crumbles successfully?

I will avoid getting philosophical on what I consider poor, but I believe people can be rich with their ideas or free time.

Perhaps our current power structure is inevitable, since people have varying interests. Maybe such a monopoly on wealth and power would quickly result again, especially with knowledge of how the old system got to be that way. There may always be manipulative people. Maybe I am only wishing for something that will never be, the ideal, as you said.

I do not believe peace will ever come. Struggle seems to surround us, and people are either "defended" with war or a victim of it.

I'm not doing anything to ensure the power structure crumbles successfully. I am not a lone fighter looking to be a fool standing on the side of a road or intersection when there could very well be plenty of people to join me if they felt so inclined; they don't.

There is much a part of me that says it's too late, and those in power will keep it, and by the time people get pissed off enough, it will be too late.

If they introduced 10 years worth of "stuff" in only 1 year, people would start a revolution, maybe. But, when it happens slowly, they don't feel the "little hits" enough to care, but they all add up. They are being taken slowly by storm. They would probably care, with a certain perspective, but they don't.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

See thats what I dont get with people saying that other people are asleep and others are awake think we need to realise that we are all pretty much still not aware of the full extent of what is happening around us and thats why we are striving to find the answers and where do we turn the internet, books and other means. But i think were still not listening that we wont ever find the answers by searching this way but to look within ourselves and ask ourselves to see the signs so we can see the answers.
edit on 16-6-2012 by seethesigns because: opps

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So you want people to stop living their lives, taking vacations, raising families, finding love, and being happy so they can rise up and create a world where they can start living their lives, taking vacations, raising families, finding love, and being happy?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"The average man and woman is in a trance" The average person is a Zombie and doesn't even know it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

I will avoid getting philosophical on what I consider poor, but I believe people can be rich with their ideas or free time.

This is definitely true - money doesn't matter when you have an active mind.

Perhaps our current power structure is inevitable, since people have varying interests. Maybe such a monopoly on wealth and power would quickly result again, especially with knowledge of how the old system got to be that way. There may always be manipulative people. Maybe I am only wishing for something that will never be, the ideal, as you said.

Well, I think you have a great core set of ideals, and I like that you have a lot of passion about it.

The problem with the idea of toppling an established government which governs a country with a population of 312 million people is that those millions of people are going to want some proof that things are going to change.

A piecemeal government would rise, they'd try to give everyone everything, resources would run out because people got the idea that they'd no longer have to work to receive rations, millions of people would die, then millions of people would revolt, and millions more people would die. Prime pickings for anyone who hates the US to step in and wipe us ALL out.

The idea of a system where there isn't such a large economic gap between the wealthy and the poor is a good one. But, those wealthy folks aren't just going to give up the gold. They'd do anything they could to keep the "wealth" they've entwined their identities with.

So, you have two sides who hate one another, all because of money.

But, removing money does not remove the problem. Because, really, the problem is that we are humans. Humans, by nature, group and exclude and compete and scheme. It is unfortunate, but it is true. Yes, there will always be manipulative people, just as there will always be people who accept whatever they are told without any question.

The solution here? Compromise. We need to find a way that we all win, and that we all succeed.

I do not believe peace will ever come. Struggle seems to surround us, and people are either "defended" with war or a victim of it.

Yes, a lot of people think that to have peace, one must "kill" the enemy.

In reality, to have peace, one must understand the enemy and accept that the enemy has a different set of ideas, but is also a human.

Until we as a species get to this point of mutual respect in the face of differences, we will not see peace.

I'm not doing anything to ensure the power structure crumbles successfully. I am not a lone fighter looking to be a fool standing on the side of a road or intersection when there could very well be plenty of people to join me if they felt so inclined; they don't.

There is much a part of me that says it's too late, and those in power will keep it, and by the time people get pissed off enough, it will be too late.

If they introduced 10 years worth of "stuff" in only 1 year, people would start a revolution, maybe. But, when it happens slowly, they don't feel the "little hits" enough to care, but they all add up. They are being taken slowly by storm. They would probably care, with a certain perspective, but they don't.

Well, right now, people are scared. They're tired and their foundations have been pulled out from under them. When that happens, they try to control everything around them. This is why we see an increase in laws heading to vote which restrict the freedoms of others.

Some people notice, some people don't. But, if it comes to a point where we become cattle, people will definitely revolt. We started out as a country of rebels, and that is still the spirit we have, even if it's dampened right now by fear.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The average man and woman is in a trance, they are untranced by their thinking. They think their thinking is important, they think that their thinking is right.
Peace is already right here and right now but they think they have to find it. Their thinking tells them peace is somewhen else or somewhere else.
The thinking makes them believe that they are separate from what is real.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

When you dance, by Neil Young

When you dance,
Do your senses tingle?
Then take a chance?
In a trance,
While the lonely mingle
With circumstance?

I like that song (and it has TRANCE in it )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join