It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The average man and woman is in a trance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that most people are going nowhere in there life's just stumbling threw the motions totally unaware of what's going on around them

Let me explain lately I have started noticing that Men and woman of our time just simply get up go to work live paycheck to paycheck hope to get a raise or a promotion and then hope to retire someday they are so preoccupied with work or with family or football that they don't even realize that there lifes are slowly ending and they have absolutely nothing to live for Basically most adults are just running around in circles not thinking or qwestioning anything about there lives never letting there voices be heard just stumbling along doing whatever comes to mind like the zombies from Dawn of the dead

Just imagine what we coud be doing right know if pepole started waking up imagine what we coud do if pepole started taking back there lifes from this cycle that they are trapped in Just imagine what we coud be doing!

There is almost no purpose in most peoples lifes and i don't know why maybe its because we have no struggle
Teddy Roosevelt once said If there is not the war, you don't get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don't get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.

From The moive fight club
Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy # we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

edit on 11-6-2012 by ninjas4321 because: Fixed spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Splendid vid, thanks for posting it.

And yes I agree, what a waste, we could have such a wonderful life if people would just wake up
edit on 11-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just because your on ATS does not mean your not in a trance.

I am aware but I do admit I am in a trance. My day consist of doing the same thing. Repetition, we are brain washed into it. You go to school Monday threw Friday, you take this class at that time and that class at this time. They start you off at a young age, only 4 years old and your off to Government programing. After school, its the same thing. You work 8hrs a day and you get 2 days off. You expect the same thing to happen just about every day so your awareness goes down and then you get locked into a trance.

I am beginning to see how much of a trance I am in. Mostly due to my laziness. I slip in and out of it by getting off task. By task I mean learning, to better understand why the world is in the state its in. At least I have realized and am making a effort to change. Hopefully more will fallow.

Have you wanted to understand something in more depth but have made up excuses because it takes time out of your TV time? Put down the remote and pick up a interesting book. I guarantee 10min in you will be more entertained then you wear, when you wear glazing at a piece of glass.

Your MONITOR puts your mind in a loop and puts it in a half awake state. Notice how I said monitor and not TV.
hypnogenesis.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Some people are content with the repetitive nature of their lives and do not go beyond that because of stress, unease and uncertainty.

Secondly, how do you define wasting your life. Do not misunderstand, some have grand aspirations and lofty goals, but who is to say working a 8 hour shift in a factory to provide for your family is not worthy of living.

I am merely attempting to point out the other side of the argument here, but i do generally agree that a vast majority of the population has been living in a form of stagnation and mediocrity.

I would like to count myself among those who set lofty goals, strive for more and more, without satisfaction. To say those who do not share me level of ambition or over-all out-going and inquisitive nature are in a trance is a little naive to suggest.

Again to counter my previous statement, i do feel that our modern western society does seem to try and define what someones life should be. Be born, go to school, get a job, raise a family, contribute to society and then die. Passing on this cookie cutter mold of life on to your descendants and those to come.

edit on 11-6-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I am merely attempting to point out the other side of the argument here, but i do generally agree that a vast majority of the population has been living in a form of stagnation and mediocrity.

What exactly ISN'T mediocrity, though? Realistically speaking, even those who are powerful within the scopes of society, still mostly wake up - work - have a little free time to enjoy a hobby of some kind - and do it all over the next day.

This is something that I've never been able to understand in any depth; we're aware that most of us are living in some kind of trance, and even as we know this... what can anyone even do about it?

edit on 11-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx

In response, lets shift history back 50,000 to 100,000 years ago. A persons life was defined by surviving, feeding, procreating. Would you say our prehistoric ancestors were in trance? We do the same behaviors in a modern societal context. The difference being, we have to many luxuries (in modern first world nations anyway).

You do not want to work? Ok you can go on welfare. You decided not to work 10000 years ago, your probably died.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If i was to agree that a trance has befallen a fast majority of the population. I would argue that those who are never content with what they have are the individuals who are the outliers.

Someone who continually strives for excellence, for a greater understanding or for the accumulation of more and more wealth. Wealth being in terms of what is valuable to you, not necessarily money.

The people who are in a "trance" as defined by the OP, who be those who wake up, go to work, come home and dread the following day because it holds the same story.

Now this example is not everyone who works a relatively repetitive job, or has a high level of routine in their lives, as long as your mind seeks development in some form or the other, you should be relatively free to set you destiny.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Secondly, how do you define wasting your life. Do not misunderstand, some have grand aspirations and lofty goals, but who is to say working a 8 hour shift in a factory to provide for your family is not worthy of living.

Most of the people working 8hrs a day in a blue collar factory are in a trance. Barely aware of their own actions, repetitive life never learning any thing new. I have nothing against those people, they wear caught in a trap. I do not think its a good thing though. It sure as hell does not help humanity. If they wear aware they would not work for companies witch do harm to us. They would not be able to exist with out workers, a boycott like the good old days.

Think about it in a larger picture. I think its safe to say that most blue collar family's will pass down the same way of living. Notice how I said most and not all. Thus doing nothing for humanity as whole, in fact causing more harm then good. Never asking questions just doing what their boss tells them to do so they get paid. You gotta work but you do have a choice.
I am not blaming them. This life style was passed down to them. No one can be blamed. The only thing to do is to help so that our children have a better standard for living.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

you should be relatively free to set you destiny.

It would seem that way but its hard when your indoctrinated at a young age.

Maybe your dream is being a rock god....

Is that your dream because thats your dream or is that your dream because your told thats what a dream is?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

These "blue collar" jobs as you have described are a necessity, someone must do them to allow for a functioning society.

8 hours a day is not your entire life. Participating in this thread is expanding your mind and preventing stagnation, because you are questioning and learning. Forming new opinions that differ from the social norm. Your welcome haha

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Interesting example, as rock music, if that is what you are referring to, was developed as a medium to which people could rebel against society. I will not argue against the influential effect our culture has on us, but i merely am saying that a trance would infer some kind of confinement, dreaming is essentially wanting something you dont have, going beyond the constraints of your reality.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think that the main problem is "dreams." You live in a trance when you are not working towards something!

The second biggest problem is that those who have a dream can easily become frustrated in this society that we live in. There is no room to grow. You are blocked at every turn by governments, or funding! So a lot of people have dreams but then realize after years of trying that they are either, not rich enough. Do not have the right connections. Are not skilled enough. Do not have the knowledge.

Want to have your own business? Good luck. Either you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth or you get lucky. Sure, not everyone is like this, those people just get lucky for the most part. Then if you do start your own business, good luck keeping it going. Sure working your ass off for 18 hrs a day will probably do it, but who can do that every day without dieing an early death? most are just complacent because a "job" gives them next to no risk, and or responsibilities!

They have shows like americas got talent for one reason only. To find people with skill, and exploit them. Once they are done with you, your done! This also makes it so they do not have to deal with pesky demo tapes, ect. This goes for ALL shows like this. Think your gonna get discovered at a bar anymore? LMAO It's all tv and how the audience reacts. Those judges are there for show only. They all where ear pieces and are told pretty much what to say! All Audience reaction.

A lot of people are awake to the fact that they are not going to make a difference in this world at all. So they just give up and pray for death every day they go to work.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch

A lot of people are awake to the fact that they are not going to make a difference in this world at all. So they just give up and pray for death every day they go to work.

I would agree that it is this philosophy that prevent people from going beyond their current situation. "Why bother".

I agree with you other comments to an extent, however the individual can accomplish anything with difficulty, Together, more and more people can accomplish anything easily. Now flock to my banner and i promise you all your golden goose.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
all people are in a trance they are just differnt

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

These "blue collar" jobs as you have described are a necessity, someone must do them to allow for a functioning society.

8 hours a day is not your entire life. Participating in this thread is expanding your mind and preventing stagnation, because you are questioning and learning. Forming new opinions that differ from the social norm. Your welcome haha

I never said they weren't necessary. You have a choice, you dont have to work at a aspartame producing plant.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Interesting example, as rock music, if that is what you are referring to, was developed as a medium to which people could rebel against society. I will not argue against the influential effect our culture has on us, but i merely am saying that a trance would infer some kind of confinement, dreaming is essentially wanting something you dont have, going beyond the constraints of your reality.

It does not matter where rock originated from or its influences. My example was explaining how most are told what to want with out realizing it and knowing the consequences, how it effects us as a whole because people are to stuck in a trance to look out side of their own reality's.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OK, well maybe I got off on the wrong foot!

My entire life has been on the opposite pole as to what the "masses" are doing. I never had the latest or the greatest, I never had new in the sense of a fad or fashion. I have always been opposite the grain to which others flowed. If I look about the world, I can find agreeable ideals and avenues, but when I take them I find that others are not on the same page as I am.

Would this mean I am in a trance too? Wouldn't the reasoning that the average "trancendental" (I am coining this word for those in the trance) would entail great numbers of people? At least more than 50 percent of them? If this is the case, then I certainly cannot be in the same "trance".

So this brings me to the thought, if I am not in a trance, and I don't have the "revelation" of life that would seem to erupt in someone that does suddenly come out of a trance, it must mean I am almost there and more of in a "stance". Something to the effect of being in stasis, wouldn't you suppose?

So, my entire life I have tried to fit in, go to school, even college, and everywhere I turn I have to retreat because I just cannot fit into the mindset of others. Since I am not experiencing the "potential" of not being in a trance I really must be in a "stance".

I am guessing to say that if I could grab someone from the "trance" mode and open them up out of that cocoon, they will likely be like me, in a "stance" and unable to advance as the OP is suggesting.

I think that my "stance" is because I am waiting for the big veil to lift suddenly upon everyone, all at once! Yeah, I really believe that everyone in a trance will not be, all at once, one day! Then maybe I can be empowered to do as the OP suggests and that is "change the world", but not like Obama

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
edit on 11-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is precisely why the globalists and globalist banksters want austerity planetwide. and for once proud countries to be a prideless sad mass of serfs who are -kept- underneath the very bottom of 'Maslow's Heiarchy Of Needs'. In the late 1700s and the 19th century, people at least weren't struggling with obesity and autoimune chronic ailments, due to GMOs
Presently, it will be really hard to "fight the power and stay free" because the national security state is gobbling us up, our dignity, privacy, health, strength, and will.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Some people are content with the repetitive nature of their lives and do not go beyond that because of stress, unease and uncertainty.

I've thought about this as well. But you gotta think that not everyone can succeed. Not in the way society tells us anyway. Not everyone can start their own business and become a millionaire. It's just not possibly in our current civilization.

IMO you are succeeding if you're happy. This is different for everyone. It depends on your situation. Happiness for people in North America is much different from people in Africa.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join