It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Accuses ATS of 'Consensus Cracking'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Different experiences in life, my friend. We obviously haven't led similar lives. I would wager that I've got a LOT more experience with this sort of thing than you do so my "paranoia" might just actually be that I can identify things you're completely oblivious to.

Keep your senses alert to stuff and don't judge things without info to back it up. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there.

If you read my comments you will see that I've made no accusation against the staff here. I said that it's pretty much standard practice and has been for as long as I can remember. As I also said, I've been staff on a gaming site. I know staff on other sites now. I know what goes on. You might want to read more carefully before you comment.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

But WHY are you basing your ATS experience upon what you see at other sites? Just because it happens there doesn't mean it happens here. And FYI, I admin my own php based forum, and I do understand I could create false accounts to give the appearance of more traffic. I would just never ever do that. It is deceptive and wrong, and I am just not that kind of person. The site can die, and that's fine, but I am not going to those extremes, forget it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Did you read the part where I said (as have others) that I have observed those and other similarly manipulative methods used here? I wasn't alone in that comment. I did not, however, say it was staff doing it. These are the two fundamentals of your tirade that need resolution. Please read my text again *thoroughly* and then comment. Your knee-jerk reactions are annoying and you're making me think you're one of those accounts created for specifically these purposes.

Go do your homework.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ah SO...

Good to see you've got the stones .....

I think the point of members being able to force slide and consensus crack threads is definitely a valid proposition.

Can you detect such maneuvering ?

Cosmic..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Surely with the large amount of traffic this site sees at any one time along with the flag system and the fact that a member’s favourite forums are defaulted to ‘newest threads’ this would be a hard task to achieve unless you had a hell of a lot of fake accounts or a lot of other fellow members colluding together.....

......And a severe lack of intelligence. Cos if you felt so strongly about something and had the amount of time necessary to manage such a large amount of fake accounts and/or had a large amount of friends who also felt the same way then surely you could do a lot more for your cause than trolling an internet forum.

I personally almost never look at the latest ‘bumped’ threads simply due to all the other tools ATS has made available to us members.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. This old thread seen through new eyes reveals a lot.

The accusations, the weirldly vehement response, the message dilution, the strawman arguments.

This whole thing reeks of something foul.

Goodnight nurse!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's me, I'm a fake account, I'm bogus
Lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join