It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana legalizes shooting cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Indiana legalizes shooting cops

rt.com

Governor Mitch Daniels, a Republican, has authorized changes to a 2006 legislation that legalizes the use of deadly force on a public servant — including an officer of the law — in cases of “unlawful intrusion.” Proponents of both the Second and Fourth Amendments — those that allow for the ownership of firearms and the security against unlawful searches, respectively — are celebrating the update by saying it ensures that residents are protected from authorities that abuse the powers of the badge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Others, however, fear that the alleged threat of a police state emergence will be replaced by an all-out warzone in Indiana.

Under the latest changes of the so-called Castle Doctrine, state lawmakers agree “people have a right to defend themselves and third parties from physical harm and crime.” Rather than excluding officers of the law, however, any public servant is now subject to be met with deadly force if they unlawfully enter private property without clear justification.

“In enacting this section, the general assembly finds and declares that it is the policy of this state to recognize the unique character of a citizen's home and to ensure that a citizen feels secure in his or her own home against unlawful intrusion by another individual or a public servant,” reads the legislation.

Whoa I can see this getting pretty mad!

I constantly hear of police brutality in the US and unlawful arrest so I expect a few police to get shot..

Some people might invite a cop in and shoot them?
.. Don't get me wrong I do agree with this! I can just see a few incidents happening.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well it's like the police are always telling us, if we aren't doing anything wrong we have nothing to worry about, so now neither do they.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join