It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocks from Giza pyramid, found to be manmade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

True, the Egyptians, couldn't make the most impressive buildings/statues and so on when they lived in mud houses, and armed with just bows. So what's your point?

But sure ''incredible super-duper technology'', I won't say that, just something we just only can speculate on and never be really sure of.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthHurtsDenialKills

Thank you. I believe more people are here to speculate on possibilities of only ancient buildings. Coral Castle shows a modern equivalent to large stone construction. If you are going to look at this type of construction, you must look at ALL such structures. Now Coral Castle may not be the size of the pyramids, but the concept is the same.

Alas, Ed kept his secret closely guarded, but there is no denying what he accomplished. If a single man could accomplish what he did, what could a thousand more do when working together?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Are you all retarded?

Its best not to use that term, their IDEA (of aliens) is certainly lacking in evidence but most of the people here are of average intelligence - usually, lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo

In the Cairo museum one can see several examples of simple copper and bronze saws, which Egyptologists claim are like those utilized in the cutting and shaping of the pyramid blocks. These tools present a problem. On the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, copper and bronze have a hardness of 3.5 to 4, while limestone has a hardness of 4 to 5 and granite of 5 to 6.

Nope they used them to direct the cutting force of sand, which is quite capable of cutting anythign withenough time and elbow grease

The known tools would only barely cut through limestone and would be useless with granite

Nope sand works just fine, granite was generally shaped by bashing it with diorite hammer stones

and none solve the problem of how the 50-ton blocks of the main chamber were lifted and positioned using an area where only four to six workers could stand, when the strength of at least 2000 would be needed.

Because they were dragged to site and put into place during construction..................not after the structure was completed, afawk

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No, it would not. But by your statements, I must assume that you feel you are of greater intelligence than all of us combined. And that is fine, if you feel that way. But to insult others in such a manner also shows a certain level of ignorance. Hopefully this post satiates your need for attention.

Thank you for your comments.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
[granite was generally shaped by bashing it with diorite hammer stones

So that's how they made this piece (which once belonged to something bigger), with just hammering on it with another stone? If you hammer things, it takes ages, I hammered metal stuff, hammering stone stuff, would just break things off, not shape it and make it smooth?

G'luck..

I'm not saying of course alien tech, just something we just don't know how they really did it.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Would retards be better?

It would be better if you could elucidate your thoughts without having to resort to insulting people. Is there a difference between calling people "Retards" vs dropping the N-word? Or is making fun of and comparing people to the mentally challenged somehow more high brow than racism?

The ATS environment demands more of us, as people. Do not waste the opportunity presented for growth.
edit on 12-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Save the insults and do some research.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin

So that's how they made this piece (which once belonged to something bigger), with just hammering on it with another stone? If you hammer things, it takes ages, I hammered metal stuff, hammering stone stuff, would just break things off, not shape it and make it smooth?

Oh that guy again, Mr. Incredulous, three points, the item he is looking at isn't identified, no context, no way to know where it came from or when. Yes it does take ages when you use hammer stones, the AE had ages, using hammer stones work quite well.

Two the AE had a successful tube drill system, which has been tested by archaeologists and it works

Core drills

Three the holes don't seem to be part of the of the AE sculpture, they appear to damage it, I'd say they are modern, but see point one

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

That is great my man...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wasnt able to watch the video due to my laggy internet and my momentary impatience, but i think the process is related to this thread titled "The Plant that Softens Stones" a mystery of meso american rock molding

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here. Another link to a pdf titled "Making Cements with Plant Extracts" enclosed are experiments of the former and the acidic properties of various plants

www.geopolymer.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.geopolymer.org...

edit on 12-6-2012 by dizTheWiz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by dizTheWiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What about this?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I got stuff around here that looks like it is poured into little stone artifacts. I also have concrete with mortar joints that are way older than six hundred years. Someone collected all this stuff long ago, I think the Indians found it and layed the junk in rows. I know they poured cement long ago and each cement varied with each culture. Ask any real Italian Mason who has seen these structures. They'll tell you what they think. They knew ways to do things. I think the formula includes urine and clay for some reason. Others include sap Sure they cut some stones out if they had them. All it would take is examining the magnetic orientation properties of the stone.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Technology doesn't have to mean the same as it does today.

can you please clarify what you mean? when you suggest they had some other kind of technology, are you implying they had simple tools like logs and ropes and knew some other way of using them for cutting, shaping and moving stones of these scales? because if you are, that's ridiculous. "Some other technology" that can, not only alter the molecular structure, but also create the same precision in what is shown all over Egypt. "Some other technology than what we have today" doesn't mean thousands more people on bigger ropes, it means means being able to produce and control very high forms of energy, pressures, temperatures, etc.

I don't doubt the stones were poured, to me that only supports the alien intervention theory. If the locals were doing it with ease, why did they stop? How could they forget how to mix limestone?

edit on 12-6-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Now how do you stand something that big up? Maybe Atlas was supposed to come by and stand it for them but Zeus turned him into a mountain.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's been said already - brilliantly simple...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

wouldn't the ingredients used to make the limestone have the same magnetic orientation due to the fact it is found locally?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Maybe the powdered limestone ran out, there could have been an old dried out sea of brittle limestone that they used up. Maybe a different chemical couldn't be found. Some company just developed a new cement based on observations from these old structures which they say can lower the thickness of building walls by half and strengthen the bridges construction with less materials. We recently rediscovered this technology. They should be using these cements already in some areas. Maybe we could have had this for a while if people weren't so sure that these things definitely weren't man made in the past.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Not necessarily because they would have been reformed with a different orientation than that of the existing limestone formations. They can actually tell what way a stone formed originally and changes through different magnetic reversals of the earth.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join