It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians Killed to Enrage a Western Audience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Anybody with a heart is obviously appalled at Syria’s recent bloodshed against civilians. It’s especially significant because…

Politically it…
1. Raises the case for the “humanitarian” bombing (and-or burning alive) of Syrian, Assad supporters.
2. Or at the very least, arming those fighting Assad.
3. That in turn, would also assist in isolating Iran, and thereby prompting a war (which if it truly led to Iranian “regime change”) would almost certainly result in the use of both chemical & biological weapons, against Israel’s tiny 7.8 million population (5.85 million Jewish –rest apartheids workers) as a dying act of defiance.
4. Furthermore: Iran’s “civilian” Bushehr Reactor en.wikipedia.org... could be sabotaged by the collapsing Iranian regime, before this time -thereby creating a deliberate spread of radiation towards Saudi Arabia, and other allied human rights abusers (none are democracies). Furthermore: (because it deliberate) this could easily dwarf Chernobyl -many fold.

Little Surprise then…
The BBC posted a picture of an Iraqi child jumping over Iraqi bodies…

It's an incredibly powerful picture, bringing home the shocking aftermath of a massacre.

Except that it's not from this incident at all, but was taken almost a decade earlier, in Iraq, by professional photographer Marco Di Lauro, who works for Getty Images.
The picture was first spotted as it circulated on Twitter, the social networking site, on Sunday, apparently sourced from activists in Syria, triggering our process for checking user-generated content. www.bbc.co.uk...

No as bad though, as CNN: Which has been faking entire “interviews” with “Syrian Danny”: www.youtube.com...

Little surprise too, as it does remind of when…
The BBC showed Indians, “in Libya” with their Indian flag “celebrating the removal of Gaddafi” in a “live” political rally which had happened previously…
www.youtube.com...
This would fit in with the fake CNN coverage at the time…
www.youtube.com...

This is a more complete version of media lies, by truly independent Russia Today: www.youtube.com...

This is a more general, yet more specific, expose on how Rupert Murdoch’s media empire fills the news with lies & intelligent distraction, against intelligent thinking.
www.youtube.com...

Anyhow…
This is all get a little like conspiratorial. All good sheep-people know there is no way, powerful interests would ever get together, to discuss ways they could conspire against our public. This only happens in TV fiction!
Likewise: Although the media, sometimes does tell untruths, it would never ever do so deliberately, because then they would be quickly caught by the other media who are united in telling truth (and also have a big audiences). End of sarcasm

More factually it’s time to say…
What the… Truth???

Syrian Rebels Tried to Get British Reporter Killed…

says Channel 4 correspondent
Alex Thomson says crew was led to 'free-fire zone' as deaths would discredit Bashar al-Assad's regime www.guardian.co.uk...

Woe! Won’t be seeing him on Channel 4, unless he’s tightly scripted.

But why would rebels be so evil? Aren’t they supposed to fluffy people, like all those toys you can buy at Asda?

Then again, they do love their torture (just like other savages who inhabit the ME region)

New York-based Human Rights Watch has accused members of Syria’s armed opposition of serious abuses, including torture and summary executions, underscoring the shift from a largely peaceful uprising to an increasingly bloody armed insurrection. www.france24.com...

And they happen to seek, to cleanse Syria of Christaians…

Christians are identified with the relatively secular Alawite Assad regime; if it falls to an Islamic supremacist regime, life for the Christian community in Syria will get very hard. Iran wants to keep its client regime in place, but now the Saudis are agitating for the U.S. to aid the protesters, as this will lead to a Sunni Islamic supremacist regime and keep the Shi'ites from gaining too much power in the region. www.jihadwatch.org...

Armed Islamist rebel groups in Syria supported by the Obama administration and Western governments seeking to oust “President” Bashir al-Assad are engaged in “ethnic cleansing” of Christians, according to news reports and human rights organizations. And as the conflict escalates, the persecution of the once-protected Christian minority is growing as well.
The Syrian Orthodox Church, which represents over half of Syrian Christians, issued a statement saying revolutionary fighters had expelled some 50,000 Christians from the embattled city of Homs. That figure is estimated to account for about 90 percent of the Christian community there. Hundreds more — including women and children — were slaughtered, according to charitable organizations operating in the area. patriotupdate.com...

Ok they’ve been happily killing Christians –but all Western governments (privately) despise people with the morality of faith, installed in them (makes them less likely to tolerate corruption ect). So I guess this only strengthens arguments for e.g. supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia, who in turn (is transparently) giving them to this Syrian insurgency.

Then I remembered something useful from the anti-Gaddafi propaganda. I remembered how Western media accused him of relying on mercenaries. Even before this video came out…
Libyan Rebels Cry Over Not Getting Paid…
www.youtube.com...

It was a laughable propaganda, to (any true, free thinker) since it was known…
A. NATO & its allies have more money than Gaddafi family, many fold over.
B. NATO was going to win
C. The new Libyan “rebel” regime would not exactly, going be tolerant towards of anyone speaking against it –much less, anyone having actually fought against itself.
D. We would only be accusing the Gaddafi side of war crimes –not something useful to be accused of, especially if you’re a self-interested mercenary.

So today I Googled…
“Houla massacre mercenaries” well it turns out the Russians thinks it’s mercenaries…

On June 11, Global Research published Russian journalist Marat Musin‘s firsthand observations of what really happened at Houla. He exposed media scoundrel misinformation and lies. Doing so provided a vital service. Western-enlisted death squads bear full responsibility. Government forces and/or so-called pro-Assad shabbiha had no involvement.
Scoundrel media and Western officials provided fabricated accounts of what went on. It was classic, duplicitous propaganda. It rages to enlist public support for war. Musin’s article is powerful reading. Circulating it widely is important. Only public rage can stop wars. Nothing else works. Knowing the truth and spreading it has impact. Imperial America and war profiteers fear that most. It’s time ordinary people got radicalized for their own well-being. Focus first on ending imperial wars. Imagine what’s possible at peace. Imagine public needs prioritized over conquests and domination. If that’s not worth fighting for, what is? www.shoah.org.uk...

Here is the dudes, eye-witness report…

The report is based on a chronology of events as well as eyewitness accounts. Entire pro-government families in Houla were massacred. The terrorists integrated by professional mercenaries were not pro-government militia as conveyed in chorus by the mainstream media, they were in large part mercenaries and professional killers operating under the auspices of the self-proclaimed Free Syrian Army (FSA): www.whale.to...

What’s also suspect is how neither the UN, or West has been able to confirm it was conducted by Syrian troops.

However it still (conceivable) a group of hot headed, pro-government thugs, did massacre a whole village. These kinds of things happen in war (like when US troops suffered an IED in Haditha, then called an air strike to cover their murderous revenge on the completely innocent…

Following an IED explosion inside the city that killed Lance Corporal Miguel Terrazas and injured two other marines of 3/1 Kilo Company, the rest of the unit went on a rampage under the leadership of Wuterich. A taxi driver and his passengers were ordered out of the car and shot dead, nearby houses were subsequently raided, sprayed indiscriminately with bullets and hand grenades.Among the dead were a large number women and children. What followed was an attempted cover-up, with press releases describing the civilian casualties as a result of the initial bombing . It wasn't until probing by Iraqi human rights investigators and US journalists that the truth began to emerge. This was Bush's My Lai, or, as Pennsylvania congressman John Murtha later put it: "cold blooded murder". www.guardian.co.uk...

What’s especially suspect is a Second massacre has taken place…
For the second time in less than a fortnight, forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad were accused of carrying out a gruesome massacre of innocent men, women and children yesterday as UN monitors, in Syria to watch over a non-existent ceasefire, were denied access to a village where up to 78 people are believed to have been brutally murdered. www.independent.co.uk...

Does “President” Assad lie in bed at night, picture a noose, and think “that’s where I want to be in a year’s time?”
Or perhaps he & his officials love doing everything they can to weaken their own movement?

Only thing is they have consistently any involvement.
It could also be that they can’t control their troops.

But do you think this?

Or is not possible the Free Syrian Army & mercenaries has conducted a massacre, in Christian area, in order to promote their goal of Western military intervention? “Then end justifies the means” (Or so the saying of psychopaths always goes, and psychopaths make natural leaders, in almost any human society & power structure.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Plus throw Hillary Clinton into the mix spreading her propoganda..................................sigh

I am 49 years old, and I have seen these lies before at LEAST two times, to only find out later we were lied to! Does anything ever happen to those that lied? Nope! The only thing certain is more dead bodies and the globalists continue their march towards their (dictatorship) Utopian society!

S&F I only hope it can wake some people up to realize how the lies and false patriotism has led them right into the sheep pen!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I'm a little younger, but agree with this entirely.

S+F OP

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have started a thread about what is being reported regarding ghost squads.

What do you think of this do you think it is just propoganda

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not had many hits on these subjects I guess people are more interested in warnings in pop videos these days than whats actually going on in the world!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
There are wahabbi death squads killing civilians,police and army and they normally are based in the mountain zones near the borders.Also a large part of Al qaeda fsa are from pakistan,tunisia,and other arab nations.

And yes ,it is legal for Western media to print propaganda now.Consider all western press reports as equivalents of Sorcha Faal till they are verified by alternative media sources.

Defense Bill Legalizes US Propaganda
June 11, 2012

A new feature in the latest version of the National Defense Authorization Act would legalize U.S. government propaganda directed at the American people, with the belief that successful wars require domestic acceptance, writes Lawrence Davidson.

By Lawrence Davidson

The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is misnamed, since it has less to do with defense than offense. The offensive it wages is not just against a growing list of alleged enemies of the United States but also, from a constitutional perspective, against the rights of American citizens and residents.

consortiumnews.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

dragonsreal I have started a thread about what is being reported regarding ghost squads.

What do you think of this do you think it is just propaganda
There might be a well-paid unit of men, on steroids, working for Assad. But your story comes from the Daily Mail (a pro-war tabloid, with a very poor reputation for journalistic integrity) i.e. almost everything it prints is one sided, and most of this, is much exaggerated. I don’t fault the paper every time, and believe you shouldn’t criticize something for where it comes from, but for what it is. Therefore…

In this case, they say…
1. “Massacre of 108 in Houla blamed on deadly death squad” www.dailymail.co.uk...
But: They fail to say it cannot be confirmed, they fail to explain they don’t have any (non-political) witnesses either.
2. “A source said: 'Their mission is to terrorise the civilian population and conduct ethnic cleansing.'” But: A source for the Daily Mail is often the most creative thinkers, at their own offices!!! It could be a monkey, a child, an anything –tabloids are never written, under oath!

3. Then: They actually give a source, but (crucially) without explaining who it is: “Dr Mousab Azzawi, who runs the Syrian Network for Human Rights from London but had treated some of the Shabiha in Latakia, said recently: 'They were like monsters.
They had huge muscles, and big bellies and beards. They took steroids to pump up their bodies. I had to talk to them like children as they like people with low intelligence. 'That is what makes them so terrifying — the combination of strength and blind allegiance to the regime.'

The Syrian Network for Human Rights, is clearly not impartial. Any monitoring organisation (like the Red Cross) has to be, in order to expect to gain access, and in order to make statements that carry any political credibility whatsoever. In Contrast: Just look at the SNHR “partners” page on their own 4 page, website: www.syrianhr.org...

Union of Free Syrian Pirates for Supporting Syrian Revolution
Coordination of the Free People of Tartous to Overthrow the Regime| Syrian Revolution
Homs Free Congregation
The Coalition of Syrian Free Revolution Youth
Al-Qusair Free Coordination
Free Syria
We Are All Hawran’s Martyrs
Network We Are All the Martyrs of Hawran’s and its Coordinatio
Coordination of Mazeh: Freedom For Syria

You cannot be partners with unauthorised, armed rebellions against ANY government, and expect to be treated by that government with anything other than contempt. You cannot be partners with those overthrowing a government, and not be expected to report matters with all the impartiality of Adolf Hitler.

So (despite obvious, noble intentions) I am pleased your article didn't gain much attention, because its fairly typical propaganda, of the same biases, that have led us to war, on a lie (and “humanitarian bombing”) every time.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Liberal. many thanks for your informative reply to my post. Always good to get others points of views on things and keep an open mind

TBH im not to sure just what the hell is going on in Syria right now and Im not that certain that anyone actually does. All I know is that the killing has to stop regardless to who is behind it.

As you say the post wasput on with noble aims. Im from the UK so I know exactly what the Mail is like. As a paper its a bigoted, biased, rag that isnt even that absorbant so cant be used for wiping your arse on. Maybe they were just short of a headline about Diana that day.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Actually this Daily Mail article would not be out of place (one bit) on the BBC News Website, or the Telegraph or even the Independent (as that is increasingly pro-war, and was pro-war over Libya, and has been like this ever since their change of ownership).
The Daily Mail gets a lot of criticism for being the Mail, when actually it is far superior to The Sun, Express, and especially the left-wing Daily Mirror.
The reason for this penalisation therefore has little (if anything in truth) to do with journalism, and instead everything to do with the ideology of the BBC, 3 main political parties, and left-wing which dominates newspaper coverage (even though their newspapers have comparatively very low circulation)
See circulation here: en.wikipedia.org...

What is going on, in the degrading of the Mail’s reputation (in e.g. calling it “bigoted”, when actually it represents the views of literally millions, and is not nearly as bigoted as the lower circulating Express paper) is basically an act ogf political oppression, perpetuated by those who own & control the other more conformist media.

So whilst: It’s important to remember the Mail is full of trash, it’s also important to remember…
1. They are better than many other papers that don’t get half the scorn
2. They represent what the UK people want better than most other papers
3. And that is why, through the media, and left-wing political establishment generally, they are being scorned so severely.

I won’t refrain from saying their agenda is evil. Evil most especially because the newspaper owners, of the Mail are actually ideologically & intellectually opposed to many of the views they sponge. The Mail is a commercial enterprise first, and a tool to encourage millions of readers to carry on voting Tory when in actual fact David Cameron’s tory party being e.g. pro-EU, pro foreign aid, pro austerity for e.g. libraries & schools, pro-immigration (in practice), pro-higher taxes (as shown by VAT) pro prison closers & soft sentences (as shown by their actions), couldn’t be more opposed to what the readership of the Mail (and a great majority of the British people) want.

I liked your Princess Diana comment. Last thing I heard from a Daily Mail investigation into Diana’s death, was they found head & shoulders in her boot, and the last thing to go through her mind was the windscreen (apparently).

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think you raise some interesting questions. Its pretty obvious 90% of the info we are getting on Syria is bullsnip. The notion that the FSA are fluffy kittens is absurd. No soldiers are fulffy kittens. Is the West using paid mercenaries to lead packs of semi-trained locals to help them overthrow a dictator the Syrians loathe and the West no longer needs? Yeah probably. Just like Libya.

My question to myself the past few days is, even IF the US/West are engaging in devious, illegal methods of guerrilla warfare, is it really 'effective', geo-politically for the west? Will it backfire and create more enemies in the long run? Or will it succeed in making their hands stronger, toppling a puppet-regime of Russia, and closing the noose around Iran?

I have to say, this method of warfare makes a lot of sense. It's a lot cheaper, and puts much of the bloodshed at the hands of citizens. Outsourced, franchised mini-wars.

Coming to a country near you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Trained thugs hired by the west trying to get as much publicity as possible so that the west can justify a regime change...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Trained thugs hired by the west trying to get as much publicity as possible so that the west can justify a regime change...

That seems awfully simplistic. Are you saying every single member of the FSA is hired by the West? And what do the actual citizens of Syria think about these outsiders trying to overthrow their country's government?

Doesnt it seem more plausible that SOME of them are hired to direct the country's obvious discontent in a particular direction?

top topics

join