It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China will Decimate the US Naval Fleet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
All i can say is i hope the United States has some killer stuff no one knows about.

If we don't we will all be doomed for lack of a better word.

I am all for peace but if we go to war we better take the gloves off and get it over quick.
edit on 11-6-2012 by grayghost because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If it comes down to nukes, everyone is screwed. But short of that, the US could smoke any other country/countries in an all out battle. The only exception would be a ground troop intensive overseas battle. Obviously that could strain the US's resources. But if your talking about fights involving fleets of ships, carriers, missile launches, air attacks and dogfights, the US is well stocked and prepared with the best equipment in the world. Remember that the US spends more on it's military than the world combined. China has just started building it's sea fleets over the past years. And the Russian fleets have degraded since the end of the cold war. They only have nukes to bring to the game.

The truth is though, mutually assured destruction from nukes will keep the piece among the big players. They all know that would be the end of everything and would be complete suicide. Needless to say, the biggest worry is for a psychopath outlier like the leaders of North Korea or Iran to do something stupid with their nukes and provoke an all out maylay that would prove disastrous.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

It's a friggin joke...

The only way the Chinese would decimate our Navy is if our ENTIRE navy was within 30 miles of China's shores and then it still probably couldn't.

China's Navy is littoral only. Which means they can patrol their coast fairly well and that's about it.

They did buy an old Russia Aircraft carrier to reverse engineer like they did with a lot of their aircraft and missile tech, but they are decades from having a fleet capable of even beginning to match the US's Navy.

They do have the power to hurt our warships if we get close to them with the silkworm, but the range is limited.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

America joining at the END of WWII...is the same as me playing a video game, & doing 95% of the levels & bosses..all for someone to come in at the end, help me defeat the final boss then take all the credit.

Russia was the country that effectively won the war through Operation Barbarossa. It was German'y mistake in invading Russia that left it vulnerable after the effort to try & take Moscow.

Oh for christ sake do you people think if you keep repeating this non-sense it will somehow be true? The US entered the War in 1941 the war ended in 1945. That is nowhere near the end of the war. The US saved Europe Australia and New Zealand from NAZI domination won the war in the pacific drove the Germans from Normandy back to the Rhine etc etc. Churchill and his entire cabinet acknowledged it see my previous post just before this one. No way Britain could have won it even with the Russians without US help

When Churchill heard about the attack on Pearl Harbor, he breathed a sigh of relief and said "We have now won the war". Even he knew Britain couldn't get it done without the US!

Where the hell are you guys getting the ridiculous anti-american hate propaganda...

edit on 11-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by DevilJonah

Side note...Germany has been awfully quiet...where do they stand in the growing doom and gloom of WWIII?

Right there with america.

but first its going to depend on whether you believe hitler lost wwii or not.

perhaps all is not as it seems.

Of course with the U.S.

What's with the remark about wether Hitler lost WW II ?
?

German U212/U214 Type Subs are currently unrivaled and could be key in naval standoff scenarios like this.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

America joining at the END of WWII...is the same as me playing a video game, & doing 95% of the levels & bosses..all for someone to come in at the end, help me defeat the final boss then take all the credit.

Russia was the country that effectively won the war through Operation Barbarossa. It was German'y mistake in invading Russia that left it vulnerable after the effort to try & take Moscow.

Oh for christ sake do you people think if you keep repeating this non-sense it will somehow be true? The US entered the War in 1941 the war ended in 1945. That is nowhere near the end of the war. The US saved Europe Australia and New Zealand from NAZI domination won the war in the pacific drove the Germans from Normandy back to the Rhine etc etc. Churchill and his entire cabinet acknowledged it see my previous post just before this one. No way Britain could have won it even with the Russians without US help

When Churchill heard about the attack on Pearl Harbor, he breathed a sigh of relief and said "We have now won the war". Even he knew Britain couldn't get it done without the US!

Where the hell are you guys getting the ridiculous anti-american hate propaganda...

edit on 11-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

I wonder if this is being taught in their schools.
edit on 11-6-2012 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There is NO WAY IN HELL that China has any capacity to take on U.S. Naval Power! I almost had beer coming out my nose when I first read the Topic!

The disparity that exists between China's Navy and even TWO CARRIER GROUPS is vast. It would not even be a worthy contest. China knows this and the Pacific is the USN's Bathtub.

Where or why in the world this topic was written I have not a clue.

THIS IS REALITY! China has NO ABILITY to take on U.S. Military Forces...PERIOD! If they did...then they would have absorbed Taiwan a LONG TIME AGO!

China has bought ONE Soviet Era Carrier for the purpose of training. THAT IS IT! Every Chinese Ship if a REAL conflict broke out...would be at the bottom of the Ocean within a matter of a day or two...and their Sub count would degrade to ZERO. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I dont know why you like to pull stuff out of your ass so much. Kosovo was a nato effort led by US ambassadors that got the brits involved. and the Iraq war seriously you think it was the brits that wanted to invade first and then ask the us for help. Your deluded.

churchhill was one of the best men in our time he also said

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they’ve tried everything else.

edit on 11-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

And churchhill said "so we have won after all" i think there is a difference

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
China doesn't have to fire a shot...all they have to do is continue growing their economy and wait for the dollar to collapse. Why would they engage us in a military conflict which they would most assuredly lose when they can just bide their time and wait for us to bury ourselves in so much debt that we can't even tell which way is up anymore?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

hawkiye, I just wanted to say that I have read the entire thread up until this point and your history has been right and I applaud you

Arguing with Brits is a never ending battle.. point is they are still butt hurt that they sent their rejects to the "new world" and those supposed rejects created the strongest nation in the world today. While they have a reason to hate us, that's not why they truly hate us.. jealousy plays a big part and I'm sure one will read this and deny it.. but it's true.

They will never understand our tight knit unity of love for our country.. it's too bad our leaders have given other nations either the wrong impression of the citizens, or more fuel for their fire of hatred.. our leaders definitely don't speak for us.

edit on 11-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's also nowhere near the start of the war either.

I'm not the one getting hellbent on preaching America's peachy war record.

I just stated Russia's heavy casualty from Germany's invasion was what led to the eventual downfall.

Really it took many countries as a collective, fighting different fronts that formed the victory. There's many factors that happened, rather than "America coming to save everybody's ass".

So deflate that head of yours a little, & just take things into perspective.

Staying on-topic (somebody has to); I might not know as much about military issues, but I do know the U.S has the largest expenditure in military defence (more than several top countries combined.

Therefore, I'd say the U.S still is at the forefront of technology and the industrial military defence.

So to say China would "decimate" the U.S Naval Fleet might be a bit of an exaggeration.

However, China has upped defence spending quite a bit themselves, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if they had a couple of party tricks up their sleeves.

Anyway, in the end, I doubt wr would break out between the two countries, as they are just too dependant on each other for this scenario to take place.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Dude, You have to actually get out of the country and travel around. Live in the whole world, not just the US. You will see that most people, no matter where they are, are pretty much like we are. China may be a problem at some time in the future. But Germany has no more wars to fight.
As for China destroying the US fleet. Come on man! All there equipment is made in China. They claim they will "overwhelm" the fleet with many missiles. UmKay. But really, no. Our fleet defense is predicated on defeating a multiple missile attack. So I don't buy it. In any event, they would have to actually survive the simultaneous attack heading their way. And, as I said, their boats are made in china...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Hitler WAS the reason Germany lost.The 1st assault rifle had to be built behind his back as was the "Swallow" the 1st jet to see combat.He strategically drove Germany to ruin with his incompetent decisions and his Generals were too scared to call him on it as are most Chinese and Russian commands to disobey their leaders.
We do what we have to to win.that is what we are there for .But I will also point out Generals have stonewalled efforts to attack Iran since bush was in office.
I don't want to see the innocent people of Russia ,China or even Iran die for their myopic leaders choices to take over the world or kill us. But they still intend to try.
And tell me oh wise and visionary one what will you do when you have made ALL Americans mad,where we all want to fight?
You wouldn't want to be around on the opposing side ,you will,with great haste ,back away and see what scorched earth means.......but since no one is that foolish it will never happen.
You will finally understand why our use of the 1st atomic weapon was in act an act of mercy.God knows the Chinese sure as hell wouldn't have tried to invade Japan.
A country I now love.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Jealousy over what? Having one of the most corrupt nations in the world? Being one of the most war-mongering countries in the past 50 years? Being a country that's teaching & indoctrinating its kids with bs and propaganda?

Yeah, it's jealousy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest threads I've read on ATS. The ONLY way the Chinese could decimate our Naval fleet is if they somehow manage to get them in one location and then nuke it. Period, no debate.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
DP

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by hawkiye

hawkiye, I just wanted to say that I have read the entire thread up until this point and your history has been right and I applaud you

Arguing with Brits is a never ending battle.. point is they are still butt hurt that they sent their rejects to the "new world" and those supposed rejects created the strongest nation in the world today. While they have a reason to hate us, that's not why they truly hate us.. jealousy plays a big part and I'm sure one will read this and deny it.. but it's true.

They will never understand our tight knit unity of love for our country.. it's too bad our leaders have given other nations either the wrong impression of the citizens, or more fuel for their fire of hatred.. our leaders definitely don't speak for us.

why some can be all butt hurt is because americans ,during and after, downplay the contributions of the other nations(there is proof of that) that had whole cities destroyed and literally put everything they had at stopping Germany its insulting to all the soldiers that died and to the family's that lost them. If it was not for the spent resources of Britain the US wouldn't of had to take it place thus delaying it superpower status untill some other catastrophe, probably russia

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by 31Bravo

Jealousy over what? Having one of the most corrupt nations in the world? Being one of the most war-mongering countries in the past 50 years? Being a country that's teaching & indoctrinating its kids with bs and propaganda?

Yeah, it's jealousy.
Propaganda and lies? Prove it. I think it is your country that is spewing propaganda and lies.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

You know.. I truly wonder what would have happened to the perfect British if the U.S. stayed neutral and stood by and watched as Germany obliterated your country. You and others act like the U.S. intervention wasn't a virtual intervention of God for you people. You can downplay our country all you want, and yes our leaders are corrupt.. but guess what guy, your government is making money too so you can stop acting as though you sit on a pedestal.

You realize your country has foreign policies and NATIONAL INTERESTS too right? Including pointing the finger at America as the bad guy while behind the scenes your nation(s) are just as guilty.. you should be glad America stands in the limelight at the proverbial bad guy.

I think Antonio Montana said it best.. You need people like me so you can point your #in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

ETA did you even read my last post? when did i ever say those things?

Your truly delusional, the problem is (like in my last post)how you downplay other nations.
Since according to you america won the war what about this?

Would america of won the war if not for the other allies at the time?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join