It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China will Decimate the US Naval Fleet

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The JSF is going thru the same death spiral the F22 did, both are by Lockheed. The US ended up with 180 F22 instead of 700 because of severe cost overruns and schedule delays. Every JSF delivered to date is 100% unusable for combat. It may be used for training, but that is all. The avionics and software are no where near production ready, not to mention problems with the airframe. There is not enough money in the Air Force budget now or in the future to purchase the JSF at the rate required by Lockheed to achieve the prices they estimate - Lockheed will not quote a fixed price. It even has been questioned how combat ready the F22 is. Although much better than the JSF, the F22 cannot reliably supply oxygen to our pilots, leading to a near mutiny of US pilots refusing to fly the F22.
The JSF is killing the US Air Force, something the Russians or Chinese never could have done. We have met the enemy, and he is us.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

Matt...as I have stated before...the U.S. Military is going Robotic. This is one of the reasons and now the main reason why the U.S. will not build F-22's as well as F-35's in original projected numbers.

Robotic DRONE Aircraft have capabilities that far exceed any Aircraft that has a pilot. These Robotic Aircraft have already passed test requirements at Groom Lake and the U.S. is leaping several Generations ahead of what the F-22 is at the present.

This decision was made not only to save money but the capabilities of such craft are so far in advance of ANYTHING any other Country is trying to develop...the decision was easy to make. As the majority of planes are Fly By Wire anyways...Pilots will be stationed either on Carriers in Computerized Cockpits or even on land.

The breakthrough in networked Super Computing and a new form of Data Transmission will not allow a Hack of the System as we have done away with specific Frequency Radio Broadcast and gone directly to Self Determining Aircraft that will run their own mission but will still be overseen by a Pilot.

GPS is being replaced by Earths Magnetic Field Data stream broadcasting which will not use encryption in the sense we now understand. This also has the advantage of allowing over the Horizon Data transmittal and virtual Global Data Stream projection.

Another deciding factor for this path is the ongoing FEL installation which will change U.S. War Planning to such a Magnitude that the restructuring alone will be a bitter battle. This will go ahead regardless as FEL tests have gone way beyond projections and destructive capabilities on a Nuclear Level of effect without the Radioactive byproducts will alter many planned Force Projection Platforms including the B-2.

The greatest capability is the ability to target the actual incoming Nuclear Warhead as the FEL will have the ability to VAPORIZE THE WARHEAD AS WELL AS THE NUCLEAR MATERIAL. This is much different than just shooting down an ICBM as it will still fall and Radioactive material could be spread like a dirty bomb. The question remains...what level of Radioactivity will exist from true Vaporizing of a Nuclear Warhead? But according to Testing....the FEL Laser at Full Power will breakdown Uranium or Plutonium to an inert Gas. I do not have the physics on this. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well why are we wasting so much money on the damn JSF then? It is eating the Pentagon budget alive. It is by far the most expensive war procurement we have.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The economy will dictate the future capabilities of the US military, and the future does not look bright.
zen-haven.dk...
theintelhub.com...
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wait the superior Chinese technology is in the news:
www.theepochtimes.com...
The running joke continues,but feel free to extol their virtues.I love debating and winning on this forum.One person actually insinuated I could be a troll! a first for me.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I have thought about this long and hard and cannot escape the fear that China, Russia, Pakistan, and others are actually working together behind our backs. Russia is speaking out against the "one world gov't" very hard. I fear that many countries are getting tired of the USA flexing its might all the time. I don't believe China will ever call in the loans they gave to us. It would signal the end. I hope worst case scenario is not realized, but worst case, they bum rush us all at once. China is strong and nearing implosion with population. We have "the button", but we can take them all at once. If they all come at once, we will be sorry. That is if we are still alive enough to be sorry.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Wait the superior Chinese technology is in the news:
www.theepochtimes.com...
The running joke continues,but feel free to extol their virtues.I love debating and winning on this forum.One person actually insinuated I could be a troll! a first for me.

China has problems, the US has problems. Do you really think there is no corruption in the US?
What we can expect to see, is the Chinese will not stop improving their economy or their military. The US stopped fighter development with the JSF - which had its origins 20 years ago. China will keep coming out with new fighters, as well as carriers, nuclear subs and so forth.
The US has a strong edge for now - but not in ten years. So does the US start a war to prevent a stronger China?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

Chinese first woman astronaut, and first docking in space. Gee, it is in the Russian news, but not the US news. Ever wonder why?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
www.rt.com...

Chinese first woman astronaut, and first docking in space. Gee, it is in the Russian news, but not the US news. Ever wonder why?

blogs.wsj.com.../1

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

Yeah what's the deal oh wait...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Both of you are correct - it is in the US news. Although, you had to search for it. Were you aware of it before I wrote about it? Or was it buried in page 5. Did you see it as a live report on Fox News or CNN? How many Americans are even aware countries such as China and India have space programs?
And, which space program has the momentum, China or the US? Faded glory, the US went to the moon in the 1960s in eight years. If we managed the space program the same way we managed the Joint Strike Failure, we would not be able to do it again, not even in twenty years.
Which still begs the question - will the US oligarchs start a war with China?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Matt1951 because: added more detail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
Both of you are correct - it is in the US news. Although, you had to search for it. Were you aware of it before I wrote about it? Or was it buried in page 5. Did you see it as a live report on Fox News or CNN? How many Americans are even aware countries such as China and India have space programs?
And, which space program has the momentum, China or the US? Faded glory, the US went to the moon in the 1960s in eight years. If we managed the space program the same way we managed the Joint Strike Failure, we would not be able to do it again, not even in twenty years.
Which still begs the question - will the US oligarchs start a war with China?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Matt1951 because: added more detail

I was traveling most of the day in a car listening to a NPR beg-a-thon and don't have cable tv at my place, but I am pretty sure it was on the front page of stories of my Google homepage where I have those news apps that show the top stories of the day either for Fox or WSJ. As for how many Americas are aware of these programs probably more then you think, but less then what I would be comfortable with.

I would say that right now the US space program which if we included military and now civilian assets like the Space X is still moving forward at a decent momentum and way above China's capability.

And the answer to your question as far I can tell, is that no the US isn't planning on starting any wars. Its be hideously ruinous for both sides, and both sides know it. Now, that isn't to say there is a possibility of a flashpoint like Taiwan exploding out of control or a conflict over maritime rights to islands in the South China Sea might escalate, but deliberate attack on China, is pretty much a no go.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Koffee

Thanks Koffee, if you have time, read the full Russia Today article. At the bottom it spells out the scope of China's space program.
US will not return to sending man into space anytime soon. The old story of potential vs reality.
Little Timmy tells his dad he has an important homework assignment, he as to explain to his teacher what is the difference between potential and reality. Dad tells his son, go ask your mom if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and then tell me what you find out. Timmy asks Mom, she blushes and says for Robert Redford, yes she would. Timmy asks Sis, she blushes, and says yes she would. So Timmy tells his Dad, he has it figured out. Potentially they are millionaires, but in Reality they are living with a couple of whores.
Around 1990, the US started on a dream fighter that would replace the F16, F18, F15, A10 and the Harrier. It would be stealthy, and most of all be affordable. "Concurrency" would save vast amounts of money and eliminate the need for testing of the aircraft prior to production. It would be the last manned fighter for the US, be good for 50 years. Potential vs Reality.
We have a lot of talk about space but no action. Great plans, but plans are cheap.
I too don't believe the Oligarchs are stupid enough to start a war with China, but I also never thought there would be an Iraq, an Afghanistan and possibly an Iran.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Russia and China both are PART of the one world government.

Originally posted by autoprotolysis
reply to post by DevilJonah

I have thought about this long and hard and cannot escape the fear that China, Russia, Pakistan, and others are actually working together behind our backs. Russia is speaking out against the "one world gov't" very hard. I fear that many countries are getting tired of the USA flexing its might all the time. I don't believe China will ever call in the loans they gave to us. It would signal the end. I hope worst case scenario is not realized, but worst case, they bum rush us all at once. China is strong and nearing implosion with population. We have "the button", but we can take them all at once. If they all come at once, we will be sorry. That is if we are still alive enough to be sorry.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SolaFide

You are correct, I was wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

How about you do a google search before you speak?
This took me less than a second to find:
www.airforce-magazine.com...

If you've seen the Falken ADF O1 in ace combat then you get the ideaIndeed someone playing that very game may be flying the next gen aircraft.But add stealth and superior flight characteristics without a pilot to black out.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The US has a serious problem building stealth aircraft. Building a one off super prototype does not build a strong military. We ended up with around 20 B2 bombers. It is not just the cost of building, it is the maintenance costs. We have around 180 F-22 fighters which is still having problems. Maintenance costs were one of the factors leading to its cancellation. JSF is no where near ready, and its current estimated maintenance costs are already substantially higher than when the program was planned.
Better is the enemy of good enough. For real fighting, we are still using Reagan era fighters which are rapidly wearing out. To the costs of the JSF should be added the costs of life extension programs the Air Force is paying to keep F16 fighters flying.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Greed and Money are the factors...Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

How about you do a google search before you speak?
This took me less than a second to find:
www.airforce-magazine.com...

If you've seen the Falken ADF O1 in ace combat then you get the ideaIndeed someone playing that very game may be flying the next gen aircraft.But add stealth and superior flight characteristics without a pilot to black out.

So what are you talking about? Your post makes no sense. According to the article you list
"Industry leaders believe that it will probably take another 20 years to field a next generation fighter."
Something took you 'less than a second to find". Maybe you should lay off the booze before you post.

"Gates has also forecast that a Russian fifth generation fighter will be operational in 2016—Russia says it will fly the fighter this year—and a Chinese version just four years later. Given that US legacy fighters are already matched or outclassed by “generation four-plus-plus” fighters, if Russia and China build their fifth generation fighters in large numbers, the US would be at a clear airpower disadvantage in the middle of the 2020s. That’s a distinct possibility, as both countries have openly stated their intentions to build world-class air fleets. If they do, the 75 percent solution fails."

Gates was wrong about J20 according to YOUR link. China moved up two years to 2018.

All your linked articles shows is the US is way behind the curve on fighter aircraft. There is talk about the need for a sixth generation fighter, and what it might include.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have heard the problem with making unmanned fighters is the amount of software required. A drone or bomber is much simpler. F22 = one million lines of code JSF = 24 million lines (10 million on the aircraft, 14 million off)
unmanned fighter = 50 to 100 million. Software that has to be 100% correct.
JSF should be thought of as a software project with an airframe attached.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join