It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China will Decimate the US Naval Fleet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This post covers two articles that I have just come across. Though seperate events, its hard to not read them together. I hate to be a fear monger...but I feel as though even the blind can see what is on the horizon.

Original Article #1 - No Waiver for China

Malaysia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Taiwan Belgium, Britain, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Japan have been granted waivers for, according to Clinton:

determined to have done enough to wean themselves from Iranian petroleum.

The U.S. sanctions target foreign financial institutions that do business with Iran's central bank by barring them from opening or maintaining correspondent operations in the United States, leaving China the only country without one.

So what does this mean for China U.S. relations? How can the US sanction China, the largest holder of US debt?

Meanwhile, it seems that China is gearing for war:

Article #2 - How China will Destroy a US Fleet

The article essentially goes to show how China believes that it will decimate a US fleet should a conflict arise. Combined with the US turning their eye towards the Pacific and the strengthening of China Russia relations, I feel like the end result is unavoidable.

Side note...Germany has been awfully quiet...where do they stand in the growing doom and gloom of WWIII?

edit on 11-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: rework title

edit on 11-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah

Side note...Germany has been awfully quiet...where do they stand in the growing doom and gloom of WWIII?

Right there with america.

but first its going to depend on whether you believe hitler lost wwii or not.

perhaps all is not as it seems.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've been trying to group together the powers for the coming conflict, but maybe I'm just missing where Germany fits in to the whole thing. Seems to me that they've been relatively quiet when it comes to all that's happening.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The second article was interesting. I wonder just how China plans to target all of these missiles?

There are other ways to protect a ship from missiles. Jammers, decoys, chaff and a few tricks with helicopters that I'm not going into.

Then there's the issue of how China's ships are going to get into range to fire those missiles?

That guy's regiment may have shot a bunch of missiles, but, I wonder how well they are going to do when someone is shooting back?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I hate to be a fear monger...but I feel as though even the blind can see what is on the horizon.

I agree. Thankyou for posting.

Nobody wants to believe this stuff even though it is right in front of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

It just seems to me, regardless of the "how", the actual message being delivered is what is most disturbing. China and Russia have both been extremely vocal in their stance and what it means if it comes down to an actual conflict. For China to come right out and state how they plan to destroy a US Fleet if a conflict arises is completely disheartening.

They are actually saying: Attack Iran and we will retaliate on their behalf...I mean it's almost completely out of the realm of hypothetical and almost as if they are stating a fact.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

And on the first subject of China being the only nation without a waiver....lets face it, China will not cut or even deminish any ties with Iran...so what happens when the deadline is reached and China refuses? What will the US do then? How much MORE damage will it cause to China US relations if we attempt to somehow punish them for their stance with Iran?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
why does the united states polarize the world.

if america and israel have a problem with iran, why do they threaten to punish belgium or britain.

these are independent and sovereign countries and they need to apply for american waivers to do business.

if they ever go to war with iran, these countries won't forget. when americans are alone dying alone in some foreign desert, they'll be secretly hoping they get slaughtered.

at the end of the day, it seems it'll be america and israel against the world. and when they're burning in flames they'll still be blaming everyone else.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Decimation of fleet is a huge assumption.
And remember when you assume.

In any case. It depends on the scenario. Somehow I don't think that they'd let ships get close enough to fire missiles at them in the first place.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Then there's the issue of how China's ships are going to get into range to fire those missiles?

Even if they get in range, I don't think there is too much to be concerned about...

And OP: the the title of the 2nd link you provided is a little inflated, huh..? The article didn't really give a scenario that justified it, but hey...

edit on 11-6-2012 by facelift because: add 'op'

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
World leaders have to be the dumbest individuals on the planet.

Step back from the insanity you stupid people.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Over inflated? I just copied it from the article. And to be honest, I believe you're missing the point. Regardless of the possibility...its more about the fact that they are blatenly beating the war drums.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I dont think china want war. Thats the last thing they want.
I mean, why would they start a war with america? They know
it would be suicide. China are where they are now without
invading other countries. Why would they risk that with a
country that is superior militery wise.

Also, chances are, it will turn into ww3. China are not stupid.
If these two do go to war, it wont be china who starts it in my
opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That still leaves 90% of the fleet .. they'd have to do better than that .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why does the united states polarize the world.

if america and israel have a problem with iran, why do they threaten to punish belgium or britain.

these are independent and sovereign countries and they need to apply for american waivers to do business.

if they ever go to war with iran, these countries won't forget. when americans are alone dying alone in some foreign desert, they'll be secretly hoping they get slaughtered.

at the end of the day, it seems it'll be america and israel against the world. and when they're burning in flames they'll still be blaming everyone else.

To be fair...the US can TOTALLY require waivers to do business in their country. Its like a store not accepting your business if you don't have a membership. You have the right to go shop elsewhere, but if you want to shop here you need a card...its completely fair...pompous I admit, but completely fair.

link   
yeah china we have this thing called a SSN and ours are much better than yours. Good luck getting anywhere near a US fleet without us knowing about it. Also don't think that little stunt you guys pulled with that sub surfacing next to a bunch of ships that knew you were there and didn't care is going to work during wartime.

Seriously thats like a kids going to some local mcdojo telling BJ Penn that they can kick his but cause they are studying this thing called jujitsu. Because I'm sure no MMA fighter has had any experience with jujitsu.

"See america we have these things called missiles!"

Really?!!? whats are missiles the USA has never heard of them. Please educate us China"

link   

That's funny really. There is a reason china owns piles of American debt but still doesn't even attempt to influence the US in any significant way. They know the American military is vastly superior than theirs. Don't let people fool you, yes china is an economic power, yes china has a lot of people, but their military is a joke compared to ours. 1 carrier strike group is composed of over 10 ships, all with individual purposes. And we have many carrier strike groups. Not to mention we have F-22s parked in Japan. China knows very well that it can talk all it wants for internal consumption but they're regime would not survive with 4-5 carrier strike groups, by far the most advanced bombers and fighters in the world parked in Japan, and oh yeah 50,000 marines and army sitting in south Korea.

Germany is in a unique position. Their traditional alliances are with Iran and the likes. But Germans are scared to death of being viewed as Nazis again. They'll do whatever America says.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

For sure won't be China that starts it. The US and Isreal are starting it. But when it comes to a line in the sand, China is clearly stating who's side they are on. That's all I'm saying.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
China has a very long way to go before she can bring it to anybody.. let alone the US,

She has 1 aircraft carrier for god sake, the US & NATO which would be the case should China make such a brave move, combined US/NATO have 22 Aircraft carriers, and many thousands of navel vessels, nearly x10 that of China & Russia's ageing obsoletely fleets, pretty much all of NATO has been updating its frigates & destroyers in the past few years with the likes of the type45 destroyers, and also its nuclear subs which would no bones about it dismantle a Chinese & Russian joint navy, id go as far as saying they wouldn't even leave port,

What about Aircraft? well the US & NATO have over 40.000 aircraft to Chinas 5,176 inferior aircraft

So, lets not get to carried away here, such a move would be suicide for China

Even with Russia allied to China in this fight, that only makes 2 aircraft carriers Vs 22 carriers & that only puts 8.000 inferior aircraft up against 40.000 thats not even close to fair... how are all these amazing missiles going to even get close to there targets? they fired them un opposed and hit there targets woopy do

Thers's nothing to worry about not yet anyway, and its not over confidence as i keep hearing people say its common sense,
edit on 11-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
China has a very long way to go before she can bring it to anybody.. let alone the US, she has 1 aircraft carrier for god sake, the US & NATO which would be the case should China make such a brave move, combined have 22 Aircraft carriers, and many thousands of navel vessels,

What about Aircraft? well the US & NATO have over 40.000 aircraft to Chinas 5,176 inferior aircraft

Lets not get to carried away such a move would be suicide

Even with Russia allied to China, that only makes 2 aircraft carriers & 8.000 aircraft

Nothing to worry about, its not over confidence its common sense

Just curious...all aircraft etc...how would the US fair against a nuclear attack vs China AND Russia? Or better yet, a ground war in Iran hand to hand with China and Russia vs the US?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join