It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlas mount cave engravings shows a mysterious 7.2 feet tall human-shaped being

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The cave is located North of Algeria, at the Lahsi station, 12 miles away from Boussemghoun:

It's a part of the +/- 320 cave art located in the Ksour mounts (in the western part of the Atlas mount), but one of the less known

The petroglyphs probably date from the early North African Neolithic or 7000 years to 3000BC.

The region is also known to be a mecca for rock art, open-air museum, the largest in the world, and considered as a World Heritage.

Here's the place:

And two views of the engraving:

A close-up:

....and some graphic representations:

Here's what the French Prehistoric Society said in 1997 in its report about the two characters (translation by myself):

Two characters of very unequal sizes and in a very different state of preservation, constitute the principal feature of the engraved scene.
The largest, with a height of 2.2 meters (7.2 feet), is very remarkable for its slender and elegant alluring. Head front view shows the face whose details have been altered by erosion. Long wavy hair framing it, falling over the shoulders. This is the only known example to date in the Atlas that represents such long and wavy hair.
The body, seen in 3/4, has the elegance of her figure due to the disproportion between the short trunk and the long and slender legs, with a small waist marked by a wide belt.
The arms are flexed, right hand holding an object coil shaped, up to the head of a ram's neck adorned with a braided necklace. This figure wears a garment materialized in front of the torso by two vertical lines and behind the belt by a long narrow fallout.

Another character, much smaller, very different in morphology, with a rounded head, is holding an object shaped like a bean.

Source (in French)

Some photos above were first hand and taken by a advertising agency photographer for the design of a tour guide.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not much point blurring out that guys face, it's clearly Erich Von Daniken

edit on 11-6-2012 by Mickles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would say it's just a representation of a couple of men,they just wasnt that good at drawing.
edit on 11-6-2012 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thebabyseagull

Sure, as well as all ancient civilizations had lots of fantasy. All their stories were plays and mind#s.

Look how tall this picture is... You have to be 7.2 feet tall to draw it!

But of course the scientists will tell you they build an safety approved stand, and just had some disproportional fun again.

edit on 11-6-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sun God?

To me the drawings look like a tall long haired person

I can't help but think its a possible drawing of a Sun God, these are the people who are said to be resonsible for the building of alot of acient sites such as the Pyramids

There are hundreds of pyramids in China also and funny enough like Egypt the builders was also called Sun Gods. The Chinese government actually got the farmers to farm on top of the pyramids so that they would be not so apparent by satellite. The reason why they were doing that is because they didn't want the western world to know about these pyramids.

Why?

Because the legend that comes with these pyramids is that The Sun Gods built them, and that The Sun Gods were tall blue eyed and blond haired people. From the Chinese point of view, blond haired, blue eyed people had to be Europeans. And the last thing they wanted was that European people being responsable for some of the ancient knowledge of the Chinese tradition. So for a long period of time they didn't want those pyramids to be known by the West.

There were found hundreds of mummies of these blond haired, blue eyed people in the high desert of China. All very tall, not Asian people. And when you go to the "forbitten city" of China, the city that holds all the knowledge of the univers, all the knowledge of The Sun Gods, at the entrance of the city is a sphinx, The Lion, which in both, the Chinese and Egyptian traditions, is the guardian of the knowledge. It guards the knowledge under its paw and under its paw is a sphere with the patterns of the Flower Of Life. Although the knowledge of The Sun Gods has been very confused and diluted throughout the ages.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This statue proves there existed a race of gigantic humans in the 1950's.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
it could def be a nordic alien

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Anyone notice the 7-ft figure's illuminati hand sign?
2nd

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What interests me the most about this, is look at the lines of the drawings. They do not look carved into the rock, but they look like someone took their finger and drew into the rock. It's as if the rock was soft like clay at one time, when it was drawn upon. Use your finger to draw into wet cement and you'll get the same effect.

This is what makes me curious, not the figure itself.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
there is a storie in the bible it only talks about i gaint think yall all knon bout that but they hav been uncovering skelton here are some links www.google.com...://theageofvolcanoes.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/giant-skeleton015.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theageofvolcanoes.word press.com/about-what-the-ongowa/&h=261&w=400&sz=37&tbnid=yAXcXQhrb3pySM:&tbnh=76&tbnw=116&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgiant%2Bhuman%2Bskeleton%2Bpictures%26tbm %3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=giant+human+skeleton+pictures&usg=__WOvEZgzi6zgvfUXVLDa_IjevzhM=&docid=j9WoKWYgPV99gM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=j4bWT_-vI-PU2AXP2fmSDw& ved=0CIEBEPUBMA0&dur=3009 and www.google.com...://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/giant-skeleton.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.scaryforkids.com/giant-skeleton/&h=300&w= 400&sz=26&tbnid=YfYDa5f2fweLbM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgiant%2Bhuman%2Bskeleton%2Bpictures%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=giant+human+sk eleton+pictures&usg=__11ATwqM5dx9PnL_BSavl-MFgtFc=&docid=Lhl2pboiRGun9M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=j4bWT_-vI-PU2AXP2fmSDw&ved=0CHUQ9QEwCQ&dur=9508 and this one www.google.com...://img4.imageshack.us/img4/333/giantsskeletons4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dunzie.com/science/100122-giant-human -skeletons-pictures-true-and-real-or-email-hoax.html&h=320&w=426&sz=38&tbnid=KZ6D5FIH-ckAtM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgiant%2Bhuman%2Bskele tons%2Bdiscovered%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=giant+human+skeletons+discovered&usg=__iRcV8ahUPAiWI-ImleNeNgFA1Og=&docid=1cElzStgLVn3NM&hl=en&sa=X& ei=IojWT-i0'___'e2QWqocGOCw&ved=0CHUQ9QEwBA&dur=2601
opps that didnt work sorry
edit on 11-6-2012 by q13ert because: link didnt work

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
you would say that it was a representation of a female in some sort of suit.

just because the image is 7 feet tall does not mean it is too scale.

I am thinking more of a scene with perspective

Would be nice to see something else of the same period.

My gut says it is fake. It just does not look right,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So this only comes to light right after Prometheus is released..great job cashing in on what's trending at the moment..i call bullsnick

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It looks fake as hell, almost like someone tried to make it look old...kind of like how an adult would draw a person if they were five years old and reversed the R in anything they wrote. At least, it's the impression that I get.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Long wavy hair framing it, falling over the shoulders. This is the only known example to date in the Atlas that represents such long and wavy hair.

Although it's possible she had 'long, wavy hair,' it could as easily be a headscarf or some type of headgear? Then again, it might not be a 'she' either and I'm just projecting...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Interesting - thank you for the post and pictures.

What I see though is a rhino, whippet hounds (I assume they are supposed to be wild dogs?), a yeti in the back left and some skinny random TV personality or model in the front.

I don't know that I would conclude the person is bigger than all the rest - maybe the artist was trying to capture perspective where stuff in the front is always bigger than stuff that is far away??

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Being as i strongly believe there were a race of giants on this planet at one point in our distant past, it would not surprise me if this was a representaion of such. However, it could really be anything. I mean our ancestors had imaginations as well. I personally believe our true history is yet to be written.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well whoever it is, the animals must be interested because they are all facing the being. To me it even looks like one of them is looking back over its shoulder at them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
To me, it looks like however her right hand was originally depicted, was carved over and left that "thread spool" shape that is shown now.
Her left hand appears to be showing some sort of hand sign, with the pointer finger and pinky finger sticking straight up, resembling the "hook 'em horns" sign of University of Texas...lol.
The right hand may have been showing some sort of sign as well, or holding something that was discernible enough for someone to want to remove the image, for whatever reason.
What is being described as clothing that falls down past her back & legs, resembles some sort of insect body. Perhaps it is meant to indicate a cape? Not sure. It just reminds me of a dragonfly body.

I just looked at it again, and thought it also resembles a purse slung over her head with the straps accross her body and the purse itself being what is down around her calves. A water/wine skin?
If the drawing is of a man, then it would have to be a "murse"...lol.
edit on 12-6-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

To me, that looks like a drawing of two men with one being in the foreground, the other in the background. Even if the larger one measures 7.2 feet tall, that doesn't mean the person he is representing was actually 7.2 feet tall. It is simply a drawing of a man.

To put it another way, other prehistoric drawings show men around 4 inches tall - should we take it there was a race of Lilleputians? (ala Gullivers Travels).

Still, cool spot and thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of this site beforehand, now i am.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
Well whoever it is, the animals must be interested because they are all facing the being. To me it even looks like one of them is looking back over its shoulder at them.

I agree, but the animal that seems to be looking back over its shoulder is a goat, I think.

At first I thought it was some sort of bird, like a peacock or something. But the body and legs are wrong for a bird. The more I looked at it, the more it looked like it was supposed to be a billy goat. The horns are a rounded upside-down "V" shape on top of the head and the ears are represented by the curved lines under each horn on either side of the head.
Therefore, the goat appears to be the only animal not facing the humanoid figures.

I wonder if this has to do with the religious significance of the goat? That would be interesting.
Especially in light of the fact that all discernable figures, besides the goat, are facing the ram.

That would be very interesting indeed, IMO.
edit on 12-6-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join