It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Mind is Our Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is highly speculative so I guess this is the right forum. Basically I have been suffering from Bipolar disorder all of my life and it has only just been diagnosed. I have in this time learned a lot about the power of the mind and its influence it can have on events and I have developed a theory to go along with it.

We are still learning a lot about our universe and even today they now believe that there was a universe before the big bang.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And in quantum physics they believe that every element in the universe has a slightly different energy level to that of every other element of its kind in the universe and that when one element it warmed or cooled it has an effect on every other element of its kind accross the entire universe as they all reshuffle to accomodate this change in energy. But why stop there? I have still not decided on wether each human mind has its own universe or not, but what I am convinced by is that our mind shapes the destiny of our personal universe. Wether that be collectively or as individuals, depending on wther we have our own unique universes or we share one together.

For example it has been proven that people who respond negatibly tend to have a shorter life span and those that are optomistic tend to be luckier in chance situations. So my theory is we create the enviroment and shape our universe simply by the thoughts in our own head. If we collectively decided to be ultra posative things would change for the better but it works the opposite way too. This recession is seemingly getting worse and there is negativity all around which indicates that we think negativly about it therefore is it our own doing as to why it gets worse?

Just some thoughts to ponder.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I agree. The mind has an incredible power to it, to bring into formation a microcosmic universe, and that can affect the macrocosmic universe. All that we experience in this life comes from what we think.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Everything is energy .

Consciousness is Energy .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Interesting thread, but you should've posted it in the philosophy forum. It's very rare that I actually read something posted in skunkworks, but I found your title intriguing.

As for the topic, you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Thanks and we obviously agree that we both believe that the human mind is much more powerful than we can have ever imagined. I don't think we are here just for the sake of being here, we are obviously here for a reason but that reason still illudes me but I am convinced that one day I will fathom it out.

P.s. thanks for taking the time to read.
edit on 11-6-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When your mind stops, the universe continues. We know this because hundreds of millions of human minds die each year. So the human mind isn't our universe.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
When your mind stops, the universe continues. We know this because hundreds of millions of human minds die each year. So the human mind isn't our universe.

What is your mind ? ... I take it you mean Consciousness ... ?

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

Have you ever been declared dead ?

If you don't have the answers retract your statement .

You are just spouting pure BS .

You seem to be very confused on the facts .

Have the Theories of Physics been rewritten since yesterday ?

Sorry misanthrope you dont cease .. Which is sad for you as you hate yourself .

edit on 11-6-2012 by R0CR13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

Have the Theories of neuroscience been rewritten since yesterday ?

Sorry R0CR13 you cease .. Which is sad for you as you hate everyone but yourself .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Everything is energy .

Energy creates volcanic eruptions. Energy creates lightning. Energy creates life. Yet, volcanoes stop erupting. Lightning stops crackling across the sky, and life dies. So, please explain how consciousness continues when energy to formulate thought is removed from a dead brain?

Can you work your computer when it is unplugged? Can you run your television with no access to a power source? What radio stations do you get when the batteries completely drain in your radio?

Every instance of disconnecting energy (on earth and in the entire universe) leads to shut downs, the end of life, and suns dying.

Why is consciousness the exception?

HOW is consciousness the exception?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Everything is energy .

#

maybe the other way round....everything is consciousness...including energy...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You want to understand what is at the edge of the universe... to do so you must understand the edge of the mind.. We do not know anything becuause other people have died.. Truth is relative and the universe is a living matrix conisting of nothing but the consciousness of mind.. We create and the universe is our mirror...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

Sorry R0CR13 you cease .. Which is sad for you as you hate everyone but yourself .

Why dont you try to answer the questions ? Cant ? Wont?

According to Physics everything is energy remember that guy Eisenstein ?

Form can change but it never ceases it is part of the fabric of the universe .

Theories of neuroscience what those jokers ? .. when they catch up for the last 100 years of physics let me know ...TIA

Oh and I dont label myself hater of mankind you do

Def; for the less informed ...Misanthropy is the general hatred, mistrust or dislike of the human species

good luck with that .

PS

For you that dont understand what the Universe really is

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

When does it Stop ?

How do you know ?

Why dont you try to answer the questions ? Cant ? Wont?

According to Physics everything is energy remember that guy Eisenstein ?

Form can change but it never ceases it is part of the fabric of the universe .

Theories of neuroscience what those jokers ? .. when they catch up for the last 100 years of physics let me know ...TIA

Oh and I dont label myself hater of mankind you do

Def; for the less informed ...Misanthropy is the general hatred, mistrust or dislike of the human species

good luck with that .

PS

For you that dont understand what the Universe really is

www.youtube.com...

It seems I've hit a nerve. Shouldn't let these things bother you.

The name is a play on the book, Le Misanthrope. Yes, a book. Good luck with that.

When did I say anything about energy? Oh thats right. Never.

Please. If you yearn for the life of a spirit, be my guest. If you want to go be energy, go do it. Please, go evaporate. Simple as that that But for some reason you won't. Why is that?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

You want to understand what is at the edge of the universe... to do so you must understand the edge of the mind.. We do not know anything becuause other people have died.. Truth is relative and the universe is a living matrix conisting of nothing but the consciousness of mind.. We create and the universe is our mirror...

I'm cool with that interpretation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Everything is energy .

Energy creates volcanic eruptions. Energy creates lightning. Energy creates life. Yet, volcanoes stop erupting. Lightning stops crackling across the sky, and life dies. So, please explain how consciousness continues when energy to formulate thought is removed from a dead brain?

Can you work your computer when it is unplugged? Can you run your television with no access to a power source? What radio stations do you get when the batteries completely drain in your radio?

Every instance of disconnecting energy (on earth and in the entire universe) leads to shut downs, the end of life, and suns dying.

But you are mistaken, Energy never dies it is just transfered from one medium to another. It is impossible to remove or destroy energy.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Everything is energy .

But you are mistaken, Energy never dies it is just transfered from one medium to another. It is impossible to remove or destroy energy.

I knew someone was going to make this comment. At no point did I say energy dies. I said everything dies when energy is removed. So when energy is removed from the brain, how can consciousness carry on?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have still not decided on wether each human mind has its own universe or not,...

the general consensus seems to be that the physical universe and the universe of mind are unique to one another..,,and just as the physical universe is what all elements and lifeforms share...
so too there is just one 'universe of the mind' we all share

now there are different levels or dimensions within those two separate 'Universe's
but that is the meaning of the concept called Universe

even in religious-philosophy it is declared "In my Father's house are many Mansions"
that would relate to individual souls (minds, ego, intelligences)
and might be further expanded to include all levels of the plant, animal, microbe kingdoms
and all levels of consciousness

each human mind shares in the same mind-universe, i think most call that untouchable place...'the Spirit realm'
i could not fathom a seperate 'mind' universe for each of the 7+ billion people now alive on just this planet

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Everything is energy .

I knew someone was going to make this comment. At no point did I say energy dies. I said everything dies when energy is removed. So when energy is removed from the brain, how can consciousness carry on?

It can change form or transfer just like energy does? Would that be reincarnation? Maybe?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Because energy can neither be created or destroyed, only transfered.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Because energy can neither be created or destroyed, only transfered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join