It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas wuhan city covered in mysterious haze

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Chinas wuhan city covered in mysterious haze

news.yahoo.com

"Young and old residents of the Chinese metropolis of Wuhan were advised to stay indoors on Monday after a thick haze blanketed the city of nine million people, official media said.

Described by residents as opaque with yellowish and greenish tinges, the fug descended suddenly in the morning, prompting people to rush to put on face masks, witnesses told AFP."

"The source of the thick cloud that has covered the city of Wuhan since this morning is at present unknown"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted and it sounds pretty unusual.

So a blanket of grey/yellow haze has covered a handful of cities in China. As far as I can tell, no response has been given as to its source.

Some tried to claim it was from burning straw, but some residents are calling b.s. because they say they don't have even close to that big of an agricultural system to produce such an effect.

Any thoughts?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-6-2012 by mutatismutandis because: typos

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
ya same thing happened in Jerusalem,, last month,,no biggy,,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
ya same thing happened in Jerusalem,, last month,,no biggy,,

No kidding? Could you source it? I was completely unaware. I don't follow the news all that much, but saw this front page on yahoo. I figured if they were reporting on it it must be unusual enough to worry some people.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
dont care what anyone says.... that cloud cannot be safe for human lungs, but i guess all the scientists will throw at everyone's face charts and diagrams and god knows what else just to say its safe and there's nothing to worry about.

edit on 11-6-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Same place that had all the frogs last month.

thedailybite.wordpress.com...

More than likely pollution, but who knows.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
China is the #1 most polluted country, I think that should be your clue.

But if they can't figure it out, then uh oh!

Someone mentioned it being nuclear fallout in another thread, but I don't agree. I think it's probably the right atmospheric conditions that have allowed the smoke/pollutants to lower to this level. Or it's a new mixture of pollutants that may have caused these new colors.
edit on 11-6-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Air-quality monitoring showed Wuhan's PM10 particulate concentration stood at 0.574 mg per cubic metre at 2:00 pm, more than triple the daily average of 0.150 mg, Xinhua reported.

But it quoted the environmental protection department saying industrial accidents were not responsible and analysis showed an increase in carbon particles from burning organic matter.

"Many farmers choose to burn crops that are left behind in their fields after harvesting," Xinhua said.

But Li was sceptical. "I doubt that," he said. "We don't practise large-scale shifting agriculture in our region."

Source

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks for the pic! Couldn't do it from my cell.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What?

Nobody is going to say it?

ZOMBIE Haze!

Could happen....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What?

Nobody is going to say it?

ZOMBIE Haze!

Could happen....

You're going to get the masses riled up, and have em' looking for their gas masks.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

It's coming right for us! OMG shoot it! Shoot it, before it gets over here!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Not the most polluted country Mongolia is!!, China is the highest polluting country though with the USA a VERY close second. The USA is also the worlds biggest consumer of oil and until 2007 was the most polluting country on the planet. Top 10 Polluting Countries

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am going with pollution the largest polluters in the world are in China, Sorry.

But i do like Zombie haze like in the return of the living dead series where nuclear waste was burned and became a fog and infected everyone.

edit on 11-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With all the face eating lately...nothing would suprise me anymore. Lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Dude I've been to china and that photo the forum moderater put up is a pretty normal day in a chinese metropolis to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I am going with pollution the largest polluters in the world are in China, Sorry.

Technically, the biggest polluters are in their international offices in the US and other countries that have exported all their chemical processing to China because the government officials are willing to turn their eye for payouts.

But yeah, China is the most polluted place on earth right now.

We used to do it in our own backyard but then we discovered outsourcing and making it seem like we are "green" and all that...
edit on 11-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by neo96

Technically, the biggest polluters are in their international offices in the US and other countries that have exported all their chemical processing to China because the government officials are willing to turn their eye for payouts.

But yeah, China is the most polluted place on earth right now.

Incorrect, China is the largest polluter with the USA a VERY close second.
Mongolia is the most polluted place on earth.
Funny how places like the USA and Europe get up on China's back about stuff they did in the past (recent past) same with Iran etc.
Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They said it was from buring straw..... They had all day to make somethin up and thats all they could come up with..?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a city of 9 million people.....

smog maybe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join