It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBC staff: Opposition to Obama is racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Angela Rye, Executive Director of the Congressional Black Caucus, argued that President Obama has struggled during his first term due to racially-motivated opposition from conservatives who dislike having a black president.

She said that "a lot" of conservative opposition is racially-charged, citing the use of the word "cool" in an attack ad launched by Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS superPAC.

She added that "even 'cool,' the term 'cool,' could in some ways be deemed racial [in this instance]."

You guys are racist! I don't think this is a racial issue at all. I would be willing to bet that all these 'racist' conservatives would gladly vote in a black person if they agreed with the policy. I certainly don't care what color the president is, he could be the whitest of white and I would still have the same level of dislike for the man. Is this what people actually believe or is it a weird way of guilty people to vote for/support Obama?

Now I can't use the word cool in some contexts. It's racist too. I can't be opposed to Obama, I can't say cool. Well I better get going, my Klan meeting is starting in a few hours and I'm having trouble getting the mustard stains out of my white sheet thing.

Link

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yet again

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Seriously put the card back in the deck.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As Noam Chomski said it best.

" How do you stop the perpetuation of Terrorism, or Racism or any other ism? Stop participating in it."

~Tenth
edit on 6/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah I hate his color; I hate that he is so damned RED! Marxist that is.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Sigh.....maybe once we all stop giving these ridiculous people a soapbox to stand on than we can actually move forward and solve the problems facing us in the 21st Century.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

She added that "even 'cool,' the term 'cool,' could in some ways be deemed racial [in this instance]."

One of the most idiotic things i ever heard, and now they are inventing it.

Pretty damn hard to "stop participating in it" when they scream it every 5 minutes and then invent it on demand, and all to silence the opposition.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'd like to nip this in the bud.

So we can't be opposed to Obama or risk being guilty of racism?

What are they going to do about those of us who aren't caucasian?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Domo1

I'd like to nip this in the bud.

So we can't be opposed to Obama or risk being guilty of racism?

What are they going to do about those of us who aren't caucasian?

That's easy it's "reverse" racism

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So I'm a racist for not liking the way him and the entire Gov are treating and bending us over

Not liking obama= racist
Not liking your Gov.=terrorist
Not liking both= racist terrorist

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Doesn't matter. You're racist. Even bunnies are racist now. And don't you even THINK about saying a black person is cool. They changed the meaning. Only white people can be cool. Wait...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I love this. They have to keep the racism going or people will stop paying them to stand on their soap boxes. Think about it. What would Jesse or Al do if there were no racism? Its big business for them to keep racism alive. They dont want it to end. Although that is taboo for say that a democrat has anything to do with big business. Were suppose to believe they all eat bamboo and granola and wear berkinstocks all day. Or is that racist. I have no idea what is racist any more. If I say the president chews gum is that racist? Or that he smokes? Or that he wants to spend way too much money? How about that he is promising favors to russia or that we now have something like 5 general motors plants in china. Is that all racist to say now? Or am I just a racist for saying it? Wow..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by beezzer

Doesn't matter. You're racist. Even bunnies are racist now. And don't you even THINK about saying a black person is cool. They changed the meaning. Only white people can be cool. Wait...

Coo-. . . . sweet! (whew, dodged the bullet there!)

Have you noticed that the only ones bringing up race are. . . .

(is pointing that out, racist? er. . . I mean reverse racist?)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just got called a racist more or less for making my last thread for thinking unions should not have the right to eat free expired food.

They played the race card!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What about the black and white bunnies? lol. but back on topic

I see something like this playing out, November elections Romney wins, But wait obama throws a tantrum and gets the votes recounted and with big bonuses will pay to sneak in more votes to ensure him another four years.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Coming from a group that distinguishes race in their name and membership....priceless.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

(is pointing that out, racist? er. . . I mean reverse racist?)

I don't even freaking know anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sooo... criticizing the President is a racist act. And racist acts should be prosecuted as hate crimes. Hmmm..where could this lead. Probably nowhere because anyone with sense can see the idiocy of this pronouncement...right?

Also, promoting the idea that voters must prove they are who they say they are. What a racist concept. Or is it just something any society that isn't absolutely stupid would do to control voter fraud?

Also, apparently supporting the second amendment is racist.

And believing that segregated public universities with lower standards are bad for society is racist. So supporting segregation is now the progressive thing to do? Weird.

Believing that everyone should be equal acc to law is racist (opposing affirmative action). So MLK was wrong according to progressives, I guess. Color should be more of a determining factor than merit, skill, or ability.

The assertion of "racism", typically erroneously, is the #1 tool to eradicate civil liberties. But then again, here I go being racist again. How dare I push for equality and freedom!?!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You all got what you paid for in 2008. Yes we can!!!! LMaO!!!!!! You wont get rid of this scourge now.

Oh BTW, just saying.

>u

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Domo, you are racist for making this thread.

No, just teasing.

I think it is time people quit playing the race card. It is absurd. Yes, racism exists...But I find it hard to believe he was made president if racism were a realistic factor for who got elected in this last presidential election....

If people were being racist about who they wanted for president, well, we would be talking about President McCain right now and the crappy job he is doing, rather than the crappy job Obama is doing.

For anyone to suggest that any opposition to Obama, is racist? It's just silly and absurd.

Does racism still exist? Yes, of course it does...But we need to stop playing the race card every time a person dares to disagree with Obama or farts in the wrong direction....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join