It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard: Unmanned Navy Aircraft (Drone) Crashes in Md.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.wboc.com...

Unmmanned drone crashed on eastern shore. There are no injuries reported. Very brief article.
I have never felt comfortable about this spy program. If they can't control the drones they should not be using them. If this program isn't pulled, it will be a matter of time before it happens again with potentially fatal consequences.
edit on 6/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
sandf
you never know when they will crash and will bring down a(nother) building

edit on 11-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LMAO!

So I wonder if it was a malfunction or if someone took it down?

I really hope it was a malfunction that was the cause so that we can continue to call BS on the use of these. If it was taken down, the government will use that fact to assert that this is all the more reason we need them - domestic terrorists.

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- A U.S. Navy drone crashed Monday in marshy area near Salisbury, Maryland, military officials said.

The unmanned RQ-4A Global Hawk drone went down during a routine training flight from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, according to Jamie Cosgrove, a spokeswoman for the Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons Program at the base.

edit on 11-6-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Border agency overextended on drone program

www.washingtontimes.com...

In a blunt assessment, investigators said Customs and Border Protection's Office of Air and Marine has a fleet of nine “unmanned aircraft systems” and is awaiting a 10th — though it doesn’t have enough ground support and doesn’t have a good plan for prioritizing missions.

Not enough funding to use the drones they already have and now the first crash. How strange this story came out on the same day as the crash.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
www.wboc.com...

Unmmanned drone crashed on eastern shore. There are no injuries reported. Very brief article.
I have never felt comfortable about this spy program. If they can't control the drones they should not be using them. If this program isn't pulled, it will be a matter of time before it happens again with potentially fatal consequences.

Same with cars & commercial airliners wonder if you fancy pulling them out of survive to, perhaps even your computer we all know how terribly unreliable they're to,

In fact lets rip house down, in the occurrence of earthquakes many people could get injured, infact lets red tape everything up and spend 10yr revising the safety of everything ever invented

You get my point?
edit on 11-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Can you imagine being so proud of bringing down a drone and not being able to tell anyone...lol

Though if I had to bet I would bet it was a malifunction or the dreaded USER Error....lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
www.wboc.com...

Same with cars & commercial airliners wonder if you fancy pulling them out of survive to, perhaps even your computer we all know how terribly unreliable they're to,

In fact lets rip house down, in the occurrence of earthquakes many people could get injured, infact lets red tape everything up and spend 10yr revising the safety of everything ever invented

You get my point?
edit on 11-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

Yes, progress is grandiose. Keep the drones in your neck of the woods since you don't mind be spied on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There have been several RQ-4 crashes to date, I believe all caused by maintenance/human error. They've had a lot of teething problems with the Global Hawk as it's gone operational, with sensors, and with maintenance issues. The accident rate at one point was over 100 times higher than an F-16 operating in Afghanistan or Iraq. Three prototype ATCD aircraft were lost through 2003, another airframe was lost in August of 2011, 105nm Northwest of Kandahar, due to a loose wire, that one was an EQ-4 BACN prototype (one of only two at the time IIRC), and now this one.

It's just a typical airframe having growing pains. Just about every new aircraft ever built has gone through some kind of accident phase, whether it was ground accidents, or crashes. At least this one doesn't put any crew in danger, and came down in an unpopulated area.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So, these have been in our skys much longer than the Congressional approval was Voted on recently?? (Cali Wildfires, Hurricane Ike, etc). Do they really need permission or did they just need permission so the Public would know and it would be accepted.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
They've been TRAINING over the US for a long time. Flying in military airspace, scanning for military targets, from military bases. You don't send new pilots of ANYTHING into a war zone to train.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't feel bad about cheering the epic failure of this drone. Nobody died...

I hope the rest of the insanely priced drones follow this one to a nice smoldering pile of rubble.

Yay! One less drone to spy on us with. One less drone to use in cowardly attacks.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
$176 Million USD, down the drain all because of a part made in china that failed.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is another thread on this subject here, check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join