It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court refuses to hear 'birther' argument again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
He was busted last week for being in cahoots with the pharmaceutical companies over obamacare. Looks like all players are in place. Now if they could only get Ron Paul to quit his campaigning, they'd be in there like swimwear.

Assoc iated Press
edit on Mon Jun 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to reflect source

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
That's because even though we know the guy is from Kenya nobody is going to do anything about it so what is the point.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
He was busted last week for being in cahoots with the pharmaceutical companies over obamacare. Looks like all players are in place. Now if they could only get Ron Paul to quit his campaigning, they'd be in there like swimwear.

Assoc iated Press

If you're going to include a source, you really shouldn't lie about what an article says. Your title says that SCOTUS won't hear any more birther cases. FAIL. What the article reported was that 3 sore-loser birther psychos lost their appeal . That's one case. There is nothing at all in the article that has anything to do with other cases.
edit on 11-6-2012 by F4guy because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Sensationalizing fail:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal challenging President Barack Obama's U.S. citizenship and his eligibility to serve as commander in chief.

Though I really do wish they'd refuse to listen to any more of it. We could send Scott Bacula back to the birth via Quantum leap and feed live footage to youtube, it still wouldn't be enough.

all the wasted money and time on this, you handed Obama another term. Well played secret democrat.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Assoc iated Press

What does this....have to do with your title "US Supreme Court refuses to hear anymore 'birther' arguments"? I am not seeing the connections between your commentary and the actual link.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

No one is doing anything because he is NOT from Kenya.
Whats it going to take to convince you guys. Video of the birth showing Diamond Head out the hospital window?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Assoc iated Press

What does this....have to do with your title "US Supreme Court refuses to hear anymore 'birther' arguments"? I am not seeing the connections between your commentary and the actual link.

Agreed..strange op.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Sensationalizing fail:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal challenging President Barack Obama's U.S. citizenship and his eligibility to serve as commander in chief.

Though I really do wish they'd refuse to listen to any more of it. We could send Scott Bacula back to the birth via Quantum leap and feed live footage to youtube, it still wouldn't be enough.

all the wasted money and time on this, you handed Obama another term. Well played secret democrat.

This stuff makes it easy to paint anyone who does not like Obama as a nutty birther. I swear these guys have to be working for the Dems.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That's because the courts have already established their position on the matter:

Allen v. Arizona Democratic Party,

Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent, and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President. See United States v. Wong Kim Ark (addressing U. S. Const. amend. XIV) ; Ankeny v. Governor of the State of Indiana (addressing the precise issue). Contrary to Plaintiff’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett does not hold otherwise

www.scribd.com...

Farrar v. Obama,

Obama "became a citizen at birth and is a natural-born citizen,"

www.ajc.com...

Ankeny v. Governor

President Obama was a United States citizen at the moment of his birth in Hawaii. Since he held citizenship at birth all constitutional qualifications have been met. There is no basis to question the presidents citizenship or qualifications to hold office

www.scribd.com...

Tisdale v Obama

The eligibility requirements to be president of the United States are such that the individual must be a "natural born citizen" of the United States and at least thirty-five years of age. U.S. Const. art. II, S1. It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens. See, e.g United States v Ark, 169 U.S 649, 702 (1898)

www.scribd.com...

Supreme court justice J. Grey in his ruling on the Wong Kim Ark (1898) case:

The Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution, in the declaration that
“all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside,”
contemplates two sources of citizenship, and two only: birth and naturalization. Citizenship by naturalization can only be acquired by naturalization under the authority and in the forms of law. But citizenship by birth is established by the mere fact of birth under the circumstances defined in the Constitution. Every person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, becomes at once a citizen of the United States, and needs no naturalization

www.law.cornell.edu...

In addition to this we already had one other president before whom was born to one parent whom was not a citizen of the United States, Chester Arthur. His father was Irish Canadian who had only resided in the United States for a year before Chester Arthur was born. He did not have U.S citizenship. The courts had no issue with Arthur becoming the president, and there is no reason for them to all of sudden do so now, in the case of Obama. The courts have also made this matter clear.
community.myvoa.com...

Hawaii has also made numerous statements verifying Obama's birth on U.S soil and the authenticity of his birth certificates:

Dr. Alvin Onaka, Hawaii State Registrar, again provided verification of May 31st 2012:

”The information contained in the “certificate of live birth” published at www.whitehouse.gov... and reviewed by me on the date of this verification, a copy of which is attached to your request, matches the information contained in the original Certificate of Live Birth for Barack Hussein Obama, II on file with the Hawaii State Department of Health”

www.scribd.com...

Here is a statement from Hawaiian officials regarding Obama's short form birth certificate:

To verify we did indeed have the correct document, we contacted the Hawaii Department of Health, which maintains such records.
"It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," spokesman Janice Okubo said June 13, 2008.

www.politifact.com...

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."

www.politifact.com...

Birthers are just trolling really.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
IF Obama, Sr. is truly Obama, Jr.'s father, then Obama is NOT a natural born citizen. Check out Minor vs. Happersett, which DEFINES natural born citizen...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Actually it doesn't. If you had actually read the ruling of Minor v. Happersett as opposed to simply reading birther sites you would have realized that the Justices never attempted to define the term natural born citizen. They do decide that Minor is a natural born citizen because she is born to two US citizens on US soil. However, since the purview of the case was female voting rights they explicitly state that they are not defining natural born citizenship. They were merely attempting to determine whether or not Minor's citizenship excluded her from voting before actually discussing whether or not females are eligible of voting.

If we look at Lynch v. Clarke however that does define natural born citizenship and is the authoritative precedent on the subject. It states that anyone born on US soil is considered a natural born citizen.
edit on 6/11/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by cybro

No one is doing anything because he is NOT from Kenya.
Whats it going to take to convince you guys. Video of the birth showing Diamond Head out the hospital window?

I don't know, I used to think like you. But then I saw two different videos of his own wife saying he was from Kenya. Then I was confused. If his own wife doesn't know where he was born, how am I supposed to know? Then it turns out his PR guys was confused and thought he was from Kenya for like 10 years. Then it turns out Obama was even saying it before he started running.

Not saying he's from Kenya, all I'm saying is that if THEY'RE confused about it, I think I have every right to be a little confused about it too.

new topics

top topics

join