It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said. The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person.

Source: www.cnn.com...

Well, what do you say/ we say as a Society to this type of activity which lead to additional activtiy by another person that resulted in the loss of life.

Well, for me. GOOD RIDDENCE you sick bas...d! One thing for sure. That sicko won't be preying on any other innocent vicitms. Regardless if this was the first or last one.

That is my whole issue- the pedo's have no fear of the law or punishment. Rather Not Enough to make them stop doing that sicko behavior.

So, solution. Let the families of the victims have first choice as to how to deal Justice..... If they can't or won't then the Gov't can finish it.

I am a strong supporter of Chemical Castration.... Go ahead, start bashing that....

Anyway, WAY TO GO DAD!!!

i say good on him. i would want to do the same.

why shouldn't he?

what sort of a society are we where we even need to debate this?

you have a right to defend your tiny daughter from such horrible crap.

no charges should ever be brought against him. If they are, society is sick.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been said already, but the only problem i see here is that seeing someone killed in front of her could cause just as much emotional damage as the assault itself.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
For those still saying that the father is the only "witness"....there is still this..
(I even went as far as to learn how to quote off-site to re-post this...lol.....Oh well, learn something everyday)

blog.chron.com...

Harmon said the father and daughter were at their barn with several other people to groom and care for horses there. The victim came with some of the other people, but was not well-known, if all, to the father and child.

The group later heard the girl screaming behind the barn, Harmon said. Her father ran to see what was wrong and said he saw the man allegedly sexually assaulting the child. While pulling the man away from the girl, he hit the man several times in the head, Harmon said.

So apparently, there was "a group" of witnesses...(at least to the girl screaming......and she probably wasn't screaming for nothing)

This bastard got what he deserved...plain and simple..

Great to see some still stand up to this extent in this country, even if these stories are few and far between.
Though, as others pointed out.....This little girl probably witnessed this beat down....either way, she is absolutely scarred for life......(though, I would think that in later years she will see that these "scars" are far "lighter" than the ones that "could have been")

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by anon72

I'm not sure whether or not we have the full details of the case here ?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why didn't the father of the child detain the abuser and call the police ?

( I know, it was probably a " Heat of the moment " response to the abuser, but surely it is up to the State to dispense justice, not the individual ? A man is dead...)

You are correct, two wrongs don't make a right. But four lefts make a NASCAR race! Sorry.

In Texas we are able to defend ourselves with force, up to and including deadly force, if we fear for our safety or life, including the safety or life of an innocent third party.

If I walk into a store and see you laying on the ground, a man kneeling over you with a knife, and you trying to defend yourself but not doing a good job of it, I can shoot the man and if he dies, oh well. I feared for your life, and took reasonable action to protect you. Simple.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by anon72

I'm not sure whether or not we have the full details of the case here ?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why didn't the father of the child detain the abuser and call the police ?

( I know, it was probably a " Heat of the moment " response to the abuser, but surely it is up to the State to dispense justice, not the individual ? A man is dead...)

From my understanding of the event, that's what he tried to do, but, in his anger, his punches killed the other man.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This smells kind of fishy to me.

For one why would this guy be sexually abusing a girl with all those people around? People who do that tend to do it in privacy.

Witnesses heard the girl scream maby she fell and bumped her knee or something and the guy was there to help her tend to her wound and when the father saw him it looked wrong and he jumped to conclusions and beat an innocent man to death in front of his 4 year old daughter.

Hows that for traumatizing?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

If the perpetrator had been black the father would have been arrested IMMEDIATELY for committing a "hate crime" murder !!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
often times people who snap and kill a family member who is an abuser get put in jail.

i saw this article about a woman who killed and ate her husband (bits of him) after he talked of wanting to molest their daughter all the time.

lots of posters on here were giving her a hard time.

why?

i personally don't think she should have gone to jail at all. she acted in defense of an innocent. but plenty would send her there.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I believe within the next twenty years we'll be back to old style justice.

Albert Einstein said "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought. But I know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

'two wrongs don't make a right'

uh, yeah but killing someone who's raping your 4 year old daughter isn't morally 'wrong' at all

so where's the other wrong?

it's actually morally the right thing to do, far as i can see...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

All I have to say is...

SUCKED IN you F# C# POS!!!!

I hope you got the s# absolutely kicked out of you and endured the most intense pain imaginable for as long as possible before you had the mercy of death.

Sorry - had to get that out of the way!

So yeah basically I think this guy deserved every punch and death is the only punishment fitting for these crimes. I have absolutely no sympathy for him, or anyone that stands behind him (the dead rapist). The kind of yearning/passion for underage children or just rape in general cannot be removed from the person.. They will be like that until the day they die.

This is one of very few extreme cases where I would actually be FOR rounding them all up and putting them behind a fence and to just let them have at each other and die out. Not like it would end it forever.. But it would send a message, and be a step in the right direction haha.

Edit: Sorry if this reaction seems a bit full on, both of my long term partners I've had in my life thus far have BOTH been sexually assualted and raped. Both (separate people/incidents) were done by "family friends". There is a lot of pent up rage on this subject for me, and if I ever met the bastard that was responsible for either of these tragic misfortunes.. I would probably be sent to jail for my actions against them.
edit on 12-6-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by retiredTxn

'two wrongs don't make a right'

uh, yeah but killing someone who's raping your 4 year old daughter isn't morally 'wrong' at all

so where's the other wrong?

it's actually morally the right thing to do, far as i can see...

Go back and read my post. I was responding to the post by MrJohnSmith. I have been advocating and defending the fathers right to use deadly force. I used his statement, "two wrongs don't make a right" to set up a silly joke. Not my words, his.

edit on 12-6-2012 by retiredTxn because: Add to post.

edit on 12-6-2012 by retiredTxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Originally posted by anon72

Well, for me. GOOD RIDDENCE you sick bas...d! One thing for sure. That sicko won't be preying on any other innocent vicitms. Regardless if this was the first or last one.

That is my whole issue- the pedo's have no fear of the law or punishment. Rather Not Enough to make them stop doing that sicko behavior.

So, solution. Let the families of the victims have first choice as to how to deal Justice..... If they can't or won't then the Gov't can finish it.

I am a strong supporter of Chemical Castration.... Go ahead, start bashing that....

Anyway, WAY TO GO DAD!!!

Why bother involving chemicals?
Go medieval on his sorry scrotum, with a rusty knife.
There is simply no room in the gene pool for paedophiles.

As a human I believe in justice and the right to law for all,
As a father my reaction would have been similar.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see that happen

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
FATHER OF THE YEAR!!!!!
Can we get a vote thread going????

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I am a father of a girl the same age! The person who would act against a child would not survive. Ive read, two wrongs dont make a right............... Are you kidding me?!?!?!??!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
wohooo

Open season for killing...

Even women are a target here...

I have both a son and a daughter..I just need to get a gun..
Or maybe i can use a hammer...

Rampage BEEEEEGIN

stupid ppl make stupid coments
ignorance make stupid ppl
stupid ppl live in the dark ages...

BUUUUURN WITHCES BUUUUUURN...

Do you have ALL the facts...
NO..

Case closed..

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I would have done the same thing to that sick (BEEP)!! I dont know if I would of killed him, but I dont think the father intended to do that anyway. I would be in such a great shock to see something like that, I think I would just beat the crap out of him!

Self defence of your children of these sick people! What can you do as a FATHER!!??

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

LOL, then volunteer your kids for the next abusers............ Jackass

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

If the perpetrator had been black the father would have been arrested IMMEDIATELY for committing a "hate crime" murder !!!

Thats just crap! Why bring race into this thread? Its sick enough as it is... (facepalm)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Did anyone else witness the dead man sexually molesting the 4 year old child before the father brutally killed the man? In other words, does anyone else verify the father's story that the man was indeed sexually molesting the child? Or is everyone just taking the father at his word? Is there any evidence other that the father's story that the dead man was sexually assaulting the 4 year old child?

If there is no other evidence that the child was being molested, then it looks like accusing a person who you just kiilled of sexual molesting a child is the perfect cover for murder.

That the 4 year old was emotionally traumatized could have been caused by nothing more witnessing her father's brutal assault on the now dead man. Is there any other evidence that a sexual molestation occurred?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join