It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

lets hope your right and it was a one time happening,but it was more than likley not the first time for the molester

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would think since the incident happened on Saturday, and is just being reported on Monday, it has already been established the child was molested. Whether there was another reason the father killed this man, maybe so, maybe not. With the confidence the sheriff displayed, my bet is the father's story is legit. I say "Job well done"!

This won't even get to a grand jury. The prosecutor will most likely drop it once presented to him/her.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

As a father, i sympathize with the father's emotional state, but 'stand your ground' is in defense against life-threatening or near-life threatening violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I dont remotely see how stand your ground applies here. What i do see is a father who understandably lost his marbles when he saw what was being done to his daughter. Any one of us would have done the same and not a single person could expect a person to be rational in such a circumstance.

This isnt a self defence issue. Its an issue regarding justifyable homicide...which, imo, this is.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

ORRRR... Suppose the man caught the sheriff sexually abusing his own daughter and he killed the man cause he found out…just saying !

edit on 11-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

and if they dare press charges on the father, I hope the locals burn the courthouse down

The process of justice must still be applied, imo. The police dept cant act as a court of law in determining matters which involve a loss of life. If tou take a life you should stand trial whether it was justified or not.

That said, if they find him guilty THEN they should burn the couthouse down!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

That is my whole issue- the pedo's have no fear of the law or punishment. Rather Not Enough to make them stop doing that sicko behavior.

People with "sicko behavior" arent able to make decisions based on consequences. Even the death penalty does not deter murderers. Such punishments only deter the average person, not people with mental disorders, which are often the most dangerous.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

and if they dare press charges on the father, I hope the locals burn the courthouse down

The process of justice must still be applied, imo. The police dept cant act as a court of law in determining matters which involve a loss of life. If tou take a life you should stand trial whether it was justified or not.

That said, if they find him guilty THEN they should burn the couthouse down!

Not so much in Texas. The Sheriff will conduct an investigation, and decide to pursue the case or then turn everything over to the prosecutor. If they decide to pursue it, it will go to the grand jury. If the prosecutor says no to pursuing the matter, it's pretty much a done deal.

In Texas this would fall under protecting the life of an innocent third party. Since the father had no way of knowing the attackers intention's beyond what he witnessed, his defense is fearing for the safety or life of the innocent third party. No stand your ground to it. God, I love Texas!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

"We are still having trouble locating the deceased's next of kin," the sheriff said. "The chief deputy has been in Gonzales running down some leads, but his family may end up being from out of the country."

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

Gonzales is in Gonzales county, which is the county to the west of Lavaca county. I would suspect out of the country is Mexico.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Seems awfully easy to just invite someone you don't like to your house and blow them away. Then make up some stand your ground story and your walking scott free.

I could see some serial killers taking advantage of these stand your ground laws someday.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What was the race of the dead man?

Was he Amercian or Mexican, was he black?

Unless I missed it, is that info there?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
What was the race of the dead man?

Was he Amercian or Mexican, was he black?

Unless I missed it, is that info there?

Better question is why should it matter?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i applaud this fathers actions i pray his daughter is going to be alright and god bless the lone star state.
you know back in the day you would shoot mad dogs thank god texas never stopped.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

I am just curious that is all.

Sometimes decisions about justice are made on the color of ones skin.

So I am interested in the facts of the situation.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

So, solution. Let the families of the victims have first choice as to how to deal Justice..... If they can't or won't then the Gov't can finish it.

Absolutely agree. Star and flag. I'm a pretty left leaning person, but I am totally in favor of these laws. They will be abused in some cases, but those can be dealt with as they arise. Defending yourself and others should never be punished.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For those that are saying that it is possible that the dad "made up" the molestation charge as a justification for killing this sick bastard....
This article (actually a bit contrary to the one the OP linked) says that the girl was IN the barn with some other people who were grooming horses and multiple witnesses claimed to have heard this little girl screaming.....apparently that is how the dad caught this guy in the act....

blog.chron.com...

The girl was apparently behind the barn when this actually occurred....
edit on 11-6-2012 by Jakal26 because: added something

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptainIraq

I am just curious that is all.

So I am interested in the facts of the situation.

You've got to be kidding me. You're race baiting. His ethnicity has no bearing on this case. Is the kid any less molested depending on his race? No.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have always wondered what the people that say "well he should not have killed him" would do if put in the same situation, how could they even know what they would do, yet there are people like this that would sit on a jury and possiable convict this man of manslaughter thinking they were doing the right thing, even though they would most likely do the same thing he did................how could they know, yet judge another if they were never in the same situation??.........just a thought.

Hope they leave him alone but doubt they will.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

WOW, race baiting have no bounds these days.................unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Whats so bad about asking about race? he has a point and a proven one at that.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join