It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Maybe, maybe not. The report will read that the death was caused by accidental blows to the head during punishment. I brings up the legal question of who has the right to punish.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Exactly. Who shall punish.

I say the Family of the victim, or victim if they are alive after the ordeal. If the family can't do it, or won't, then the normal process shall proceed (meaning right to the death chair etc).

IMO

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Maybe, maybe not. The report will read that the death was caused by accidental blows to the head during punishment. I brings up the legal question of who has the right to punish.

I have to disagree a little on what word will be used.

I don't think they'll use the word "punishment". Perhaps "defense" or "a fight", most probably will indicate in some way that it was done in the defense of a child, especially since the police are in favor of the father and he has cooperated completely.

They never really use the word "punishment" in police reports and we all have the right to defend ourselves and the responsibility to defend when it comes to children.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by earthdude

I have to disagree a little on what word will be used.

I don't think they'll use the word "punishment". Perhaps "defense" or "a fight", most probably will indicate in some way that it was done in the defense of a child, especially since the police are in favor of the father and he has cooperated completely.

They never really use the word "punishment" in police reports and we all have the right to defend ourselves and the responsibility to defend when it comes to children.

I think just the fact that the father caught the perv defended the girl. It's not like he had to beat him off of her. Defense is different than revenge. I would have killed the guy and not tried to revive him, but I still say to be within the law, involuntary manslaughter charges should have been made, and the case dismissed due to the circumstances.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It was definitely a difficult case to make a decision on. I, too, would have killed the guy...

Here's the last news report they had about it: usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

The Grand Jury met and decided to not file the charges, so they did go through the system. Very difficult decision, I don't envy those who had to make it, but am happy that the father wasn't charged to help them overcome the trauma perhaps a little sooner and with as little additional damage as possible.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Keeping in mind that there is no effective treatment of a sex offender, there are really only 2 options for dealing with them.

Kill them or put them in a security facility

In my state we keep sex offenders locked up after they have completed their criminal sentences. They get transfered to a state security hospital to live out their days.

But it costs 190k a year to do this for each one, and unfortunately we have a lot of them. But, we have much less than states that don't keep them locked up. They don't want to get caught molesting in Minnesota.

In reality that father saved a lot of kids from being scarred for life, and he saved the state a lot of money.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I have to agree with you.

Even though it resulted in a death, it was probably the best possible outcome. Especially since it was unintentional on his part, that keeps it from being murder but at the same time, keeps the molestor from ever hurting another child again....and keeps taxes from being used to support him while he is locked away.

I hate for a life to be lost, but....

It's probably not "humane" of me, but I prefer the molestor's life was lost over the possibility of the child's life or the father's life.... I know I should be more remorseful for the loss of that life, but I'm having a difficulty doing that.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join