It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All of you need to stop using your personal feelings in defending either person. You should know that the grand jury isn't going to use their personal feelings not to have the little girl father arrested. They will be going by the law and the evidence that is presented to them, in whether he should be arrested or not.

A hero is a person who put their life in danger to save others. Regardless if it is one person or many.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by Daughter2
It seems like this guy was one of the good old boys and the person he killed was probably a Mexican.

What makes you so sure the dad wasn't also of Mexican decent?

edit on 6/16/2012 by roadgravel because: fix tag

The little girl dad is also Mexican decent.
If you listen to the accent of the little girl grandfather, which sounds like a Mexican accent. Which I think he is the dad of the little girl father.

Thank you for finding that!! Excellent example of how different immigrants to our country are just like us. Some are good, some are bad. Some can be harmful, others can be heroes.... just parents and family members as we all are.
I do hope that some of the people who are very much against other races see this as being close to their own hearts and the experience of feeling the story "hits home" are able to see this and realize we're all members of the "human race".
Thanks for finding it!!
.....sorry, I'm always wanting to throw sociology lessons in whenever I can

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
All of you need to stop using your personal feelings in defending either person. You should know that the grand jury isn't going to use their personal feelings not to have the little girl father arrested. They will be going by the law and the evidence that is presented to them, in whether he should be arrested or not.

A hero is a person who put their life in danger to save others. Regardless if it is one person or many.

but they do use their personal feelings. The law is first and foremost, but when there is that thin, thin line, the emotions do come into play. If he had done this to "defend" another adult who possibly could have defended themselves, it would have been much different than him defending a small child and that will factor into it emotionally as well as by how the law is written.
They wouldn't let their emotions over rule the law of course, but they do use them somewhat, it's part of the human condition.

....I do understand what you're saying though and the law would come first, but they aren't emotion-free in applying it, just emotion-secondary

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Y'all must not be from Texas, and understand the good ol'boy system... it doesn't like child abusers of anykind...This thread should be closed... the Sheriff said the county will not be pressing charges! Case closed! He said that like Monday or Tuesday...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab

Y'all must not be from Texas, and understand the good ol'boy system... it doesn't like child abusers of anykind...This thread should be closed... the Sheriff said the county will not be pressing charges! Case closed! He said that like Monday or Tuesday...

That would suit me fine! The man was defending his daughter and shouldn't be brought up on charges for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Jesus Mora Flores, 47, was found half-naked with a 5-year-old girl by her father in a rural farm pasture off County Road 302 between Shiner and Yoakum. The girl's father immediately threw Flores from "on top of his child," a witness said, and beat him to death.
Flores had been hired by the child's 23-year-old father to care for horses on the property, according to neighbor Michael Veit, who has known the family since they moved to Shiner about 15 years ago.
"That dude (Flores) gave him (the witness) $5, and he went to go get the chicken feed. He came back to tell him (Flores) there was no chicken feed, then he saw him jump over the fence with the girl and she was screamin' and hollerin' back there," Mikey said. "He (the father) beat him and took back his daughter, then jumped back to see if he was dead. It's pretty shocking that something like that would happen. I mean, this is a small town."

Authorities said Flores possessed a permanent resident card - more widely known as a green card.

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

"When emergency medical personnel arrived, Jesus Mora Flores' pants and underwear were down and the man's genitals were exposed," said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon, who was quoted in a press released issued by District Attorney Heather McMinn.

The release stated that all of the physical evidence and witness statements in the case corroborated the father's statement.

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Glad the father's story is holding up. It sounds like a clear cut case for the Grand Jury. Hopefully they can start rebuilding their lives now.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm very glad to hear the father's story looks to be corroborated by the evidence and the investigation.
He was defending his daughter from someone who was a horrible example of humanity.

Flores died. Boo hoo. The poor little girl will most likely experience years and years of distress over something that should never have been done to her. My ex-girlfriend was abused as a child and having lived with her for 2 years I know the pain, the suffering and the complete, terrible truth of what a lot of people who were abused as kids go through.
I found a lot of people seem to mistakenly think that the abuse stops when the abuser is arrested or, in this case, killed. But it doesn't. Someone who's abused is abused for a long, long time. Death is nothing compared to what she will endure.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
When will the grand jury be meeting on the case? I look forward to seeing the father exhonorated so his family can heal.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I'm very glad to hear the father's story looks to be corroborated by the evidence and the investigation.
He was defending his daughter from someone who was a horrible example of humanity.

Flores died. Boo hoo. The poor little girl will most likely experience years and years of distress over something that should never have been done to her. My ex-girlfriend was abused as a child and having lived with her for 2 years I know the pain, the suffering and the complete, terrible truth of what a lot of people who were abused as kids go through.
I found a lot of people seem to mistakenly think that the abuse stops when the abuser is arrested or, in this case, killed. But it doesn't. Someone who's abused is abused for a long, long time. Death is nothing compared to what she will endure.

I think that having her father come to her defense will heal a lot of the pain that others don't get to heal from though. Knowing he was there for her is going to be the best "medicine" she could possibly have. It will still be painful of course, but she was blessed to have had her father stop the abuser from doing much worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I would very much hope so. As I say, the victims normally spend the rest of their lives living under the shadow of their assault. I have nothing but admiration for the the father, and nothing but disgust for the victim.

I hope the family can rebuild, and that the man's daughter isn't too traumatised. One can only hope that you're right, and seeing her father rush in to defend her will help her heal and strengthen her trust and faith in him.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

I would very much hope so. As I say, the victims normally spend the rest of their lives living under the shadow of their assault. I have nothing but admiration for the the father, and nothing but disgust for the victim.

I hope the family can rebuild, and that the man's daughter isn't too traumatised. One can only hope that you're right, and seeing her father rush in to defend her will help her heal and strengthen her trust and faith in him.

I agree, and I'm looking forward to hearing what the grand jury says

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Not without spy drones recording every interaction that people all over the world make we can't..... Is that what you want?

Any mod that would like to tell me why asking about this is off topic might just be my hero. Apparently stating it is on topic. I just want clarification as to what drones have to do with any of this.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

I've been reading the thread. You asked how we could know. He replied that we couldn't know unless spy drones were recording everything that everyone in the world did at all times. You tried to change it to mean something else. He ignored you like he's supposed to.
That's my take on it anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY
reply to post by habitforming

I've been reading the thread. You asked how we could know. He replied that we couldn't know unless spy drones were recording everything that everyone in the world did at all times. You tried to change it to mean something else. He ignored you like he's supposed to.
That's my take on it anyway.

And I do not understand how someone can choose to believe something and admit they have no idea if it is actually true or not because no drones recorded it for them.
Help that make sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nobody cares that a little girl saw a man killed right in front of her. I think this might me just as damaging as being molested, maybe more. So if your meth deal goes bad and you beat someone to death, just tell 'em your kid was being molested by the dead guy.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join