It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

You forgot one.
Was there any investigation into whether or not this situation actually went down as it did?
I mean, did the cops just take the guys word that he killed this fellow for sexually abusing his daughter or did they check to see if the guy was actually sexually abusing the daughter?

The investigation is underway as reported by the news sources, then it will be presented to a grand jury and they will decide if the father should be charged. He is not presently being charged due to the SYG laws. The grand jury will decide on whether to uphold that or to charge him.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Don't worry. There are lot's of ways to identify sexual assault in young children. It actually leaves wounds. Good riddance to the scum. I would have killed him too...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

Originally posted by kat2684
I actually understand your disgust with the man murdering someone, however I'm more disgusted with pedophiles...

There are quite a few people and things which leave me feeling disgusted as well, but if I justified murder based on the deceased having done things that offend and disgust me, then certainly I would feel that quite a few murders--perhaps, even, the majority of them--are well justified.

Beyond that, the fact that you and, no doubt, many others as well, can label this murderer a "real man" for literally beating another person to death continues to be profoundly offensive and disturbing to me.

No, you're right, killing doesn't make someone a "real man". But this guy did what he had to do to protect his daughter. It was happening in real time, right in front of him. No hunting the guy down, no vigilantism. Forget the glorification of the kill, which seems to be what offends you the most. Enlighten us. What's the proper thing to do in the situation?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

It negates nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully

We do not yet know if the guy was molesting anyone, if he was not, then the farther should get the death penalty for murder, eye for a eye & all that.

The farther knew what he was doing, don't give me any of that he did not have any intention or he was insane etc, no matter how you look at it, the farther took someone else's life & is guilty of murder

God cannot judge anyone, because if God does so exist he created the guy who was allegedly molested the girl & he allowed it to happen, God does not exist so it is of irrelevance to suggest God will judge.

If God was here, he would say forgive & forget !

Actually, one of the news reports from the many links that have been posted said the girls underwear had been removed, so yes, he was molesting her. If you wish to continue discussing the story, it is important that you keep up with the progression of the story.

That pretty much negates the rest of your statements.

I read a newspaper story once that said Iraw had WMDs. That is pretty cool how you swallow everything you read and extrapolate a much greater reality from it.

The veracity of this story is no doubt going to come to light and will most likely fall the way that it seems it should but this is ATS.
I expect people to really know what they are talking about and the argument you just made was "Someone told me it was true so you are wrong!"
Come on. We can do better than that can't we?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully

We do not yet know if the guy was molesting anyone, if he was not, then the farther should get the death penalty for murder, eye for a eye & all that.

The farther knew what he was doing, don't give me any of that he did not have any intention or he was insane etc, no matter how you look at it, the farther took someone else's life & is guilty of murder

God cannot judge anyone, because if God does so exist he created the guy who was allegedly molested the girl & he allowed it to happen, God does not exist so it is of irrelevance to suggest God will judge.

If God was here, he would say forgive & forget !

Actually, one of the news reports from the many links that have been posted said the girls underwear had been removed, so yes, he was molesting her. If you wish to continue discussing the story, it is important that you keep up with the progression of the story.

That pretty much negates the rest of your statements.

I read a newspaper story once that said Iraw had WMDs. That is pretty cool how you swallow everything you read and extrapolate a much greater reality from it.

The veracity of this story is no doubt going to come to light and will most likely fall the way that it seems it should but this is ATS.
I expect people to really know what they are talking about and the argument you just made was "Someone told me it was true so you are wrong!"
Come on. We can do better than that can't we?

Not without spy drones recording every interaction that people all over the world make we can't..... Is that what you want?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Not without spy drones recording every interaction that people all over the world make we can't..... Is that what you want?

I am not even sure what that sentence is actually saying. The word "make" is throwing me off.
So now you have a problem with the fact that I do not just believe everything someone claims they heard?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
* * * But this guy did what he had to do to protect his daughter. It was happening in real time, right in front of him. No hunting the guy down, no vigilantism. Forget the glorification of the kill, which seems to be what offends you the most. Enlighten us. What's the proper thing to do in the situation?

The tenuous validity of your opinion hinges on your unfounded belief that what the father says happened is true. That the father's story is true has not been established.

Before I continue, I want to be clear that I condemn any abuse or molestation of children whether mental, emotional, physical, or sexual.

The posts on this thread are disturbing, as someone has already said, this thread resembles a witch hunt and lynching. Many of you want to dispense justice before you know the facts. Here it is too late because someone is already dead.

Even if what the father says happened is true, i.e. that he actually witnessed his daughter being sexually molested, the need to protect his daughter ended when the father's attack on the molester stopped the molestation from continuing. At that point there was no justification for continuing the assault on the molester. It was time to call law enforcement and have the man arrested, jailed, and prosecuted.

The father's need to protect his daughter certainly ended at the point when he had beaten the alleged molester to within an inch of his life. It was wrong, brutal, uncivilized, illegal, and a monstrously depraved act for the father to go the additional inch and kill the person.

The alleged molester is dead and cannot tell his side of the story. The key word is "alleged".

Many innocent people have been accused of child molestation. Why? Because it only takes an accusation for everyone who hears it to instantly believe the accused is guilty. Witness the replies on this thread. The majority of you are doing that very thing. And some people make those accusations because it is easy to make, almost impossible to defend, and helps them to easily achieve a goal.

The father's conduct is alarming. He clearly suffers from an inability to exercise self control. His attack on the alleged molester was grossly excessive. To kill a person in that manner in view of a child is a monstrous act. Makes me wonder what kind of home life that poor child experiences.

This needs an in depth investigation by qualified professionals, rather than by all the knee jerk emotionally driven ATS self-appointed judge/jury/executioners all rolled into one, to determine what actually happened and why, including whether the child was sexually molested, whether the molester was the dead man, the nature, extent and duration of the molestation, determination of who molested her, and past history between all persons involved in that tragedy.

You can spew your vitriol all day long based on your fantasies about what might have occurred but, at the end of the day, the truth of what happened needs to be determined dispassionately based on fact rather than everyone's imagination driven by knee-jerk emotional reaction.
edit on 6/15/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I agree the sicko deserved to die but the simple fact is Chemical Castration wont stop them, they wont be able to use their organ then they will use an adult toy,fingers ect. they are sick in the head and cant be cured.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I am not even sure what that sentence is actually saying. The word "make" is throwing me off.
So now you have a problem with the fact that I do not just believe everything someone claims they heard?

Try reading it a few more times, you'll get there

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by unworldly

Unworldly, I actually understand your disgust with the man murdering someone, however I'm more disgusted with pedophiles, what if this guy had a weapon? What if he planned on killing this child after he did his deed? I'm all for self control, but honestly protecting the child is number one. We don't have enough details on what this man was thinking. The bad news is someone died, the good news no more abused children if that is the case. I don't throw myself at 'real mens' feet, I know as a mother I would lose it and a man with higher testosterone levels would be much worse.
If the guy was planing to kill the little girl? She would had been dead before her father came to her aid. Instead a news report of a pedo being dead, there would be a pedo and little girl being reported dead in the news.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Here is more news a about it and the Pedo name is Jesus Flores. Also the grand jury will review whether the father will be charge or not. It also said that the pedo had his pant and undies down. Alsothere were several witness at the seine.
edit on 15-6-2012 by kennethmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
www.cnbc.com...

Here is more news a about it and the Pedo name is Jesus Flores. Also the grand jury will review whether the father will be charge or not. It also said that the pedo had his pant and undies down. Alsothere were several witness at the seine.

It's good to see that the father's story is still holding up through the investigation so far, cementing my opinion that he acted within the law.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
www.cnbc.com...

It's good to see that the father's story is still holding up through the investigation so far, cementing my opinion that he acted within the law.
We will have to wait and see what the verdict the grand jury will announce next week. It most likely be view as causing a accidental death of say person in the defense of a third person. Which will be log in the book and then case close.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tulkor
This is again assuming the story is actually true. The only actors in this event are the 44 year old man who was killed, the father, and the daughter. It is possible that the father killed him over something else that was not justifiable and then covered it up by involving his daughter. This would be a smart move because it plays on the emotions of the community who basically go on a witch-hunt before objectively determining if everything was true.

Right now all we can do is agree or disagree with the father's story which may or may not be true.

So true, mention the word "child molestation" and people lose their ability to think and just grab their pitch forks.

It seems like this guy was one of the good old boys and the person he killed was probably a Mexican. Those Texas Rangers are a bunch of white guys who don't seem to have a problem with a killing of an innocent person. Texas kills plenty of innocent people. I can see them covering this up. I don't have faith that Texas to conduct an adequate investigation.

I would like to know a little bit more about this guy. They say he was a single father - very few men are single fathers. Why? What happened to his wife? Did he pass a lie detector test?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here is more news. It seem that Jesus Flores might be from Mexico.

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

God bless that father. He was a hero to that little girl that day.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by Tulkor
This is again assuming the story is actually true. The only actors in this event are the 44 year old man who was killed, the father, and the daughter. It is possible that the father killed him over something else that was not justifiable and then covered it up by involving his daughter. This would be a smart move because it plays on the emotions of the community who basically go on a witch-hunt before objectively determining if everything was true.

Right now all we can do is agree or disagree with the father's story which may or may not be true.

So true, mention the word "child molestation" and people lose their ability to think and just grab their pitch forks.

It seems like this guy was one of the good old boys and the person he killed was probably a Mexican. Those Texas Rangers are a bunch of white guys who don't seem to have a problem with a killing of an innocent person. Texas kills plenty of innocent people. I can see them covering this up. I don't have faith that Texas to conduct an adequate investigation.

I would like to know a little bit more about this guy. They say he was a single father - very few men are single fathers. Why? What happened to his wife? Did he pass a lie detector test?

According to the latest report on the investigation, the little girl's underwear was off and his pants and underwear were pulled down. He was NOT innocent, he was a child molestor and now, he's DEAD and deserves to be.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

According to the latest report on the investigation, the little girl's underwear was off and his pants and underwear were pulled down. He was NOT innocent, he was a child molestor and now, he's DEAD and deserves to be.

I do not get it. You seemed so smart in other threads. There is no way dad could have said his daughters pants were down even if they weren't? That is not even an option to you? Dad could not have pulled the dead guys pants down after shooting him? You have heard of a staged murder scene before haven't you?

Hey, I just killed an entire family of people.
Do not worry, I saw them raping children, I promise. I get to go now, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Try reading it a few more times, you'll get there

No, sorry. I know how English works and the word "make" in your sentence messes it all up. YOU READ IT AGAIN. Correct your error and get back to me. Or, let it sit there UN-answered. In the meantime the best thing you could possibly do is answer my question. I wrote it in clear plain English. You need to learn how to use commas. There are not drones recording any of my interactions right now PERIOD. So there are drones with footage of this man raping this kid? I really do not get your point about the drones at all. What they have to do with this case. How many of the interactions you have made have been recorded?
edit on 16-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join