It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

Originally posted by kat2684
A real man defends his family, I'm on dads side.

As a man, your mindset is amazingly offensive to me.

This has been a huge problem with how men identify with what it means to be men. There is a stereotype with men--no, a pressure--to be physically confrontational with any threat, be it real or perceived.

Unfortunately, in the minds of some, men are still expected to act like rough -n- tough, macho, testosterone fueled barbarians who are ready at a moment's notice to physically beat down (or even kill) whoever or whatever is an offense to him or his family.

Disgusting.

Your opinion, others find it quite admirable.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Since no "murder" took place, your argument is moot.

Ok; we get it; you think this is "manslaughter;" but are you seriously so lazy that you can't be bothered to look up what manslaughter actually means?

Under the law, manslaughter is defined as the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder. In other words, it's the unlawful killing of another person without premeditation.

What juror in their right mind is going to believe this guy didn't deliberately intend to kill the deceased? It was just an accident; right? He only meant to give the dude a little slap in the head. Seriously?

You want to talk about moot arguments... geesh.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Since no "murder" took place, your argument is moot.

Ok; we get it; you think this is "manslaughter;" but are you seriously so lazy that you can't be bothered to look up what manslaughter actually means?

Under the law, manslaughter is defined as the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder. In other words, it's the unlawful killing of another person without premeditation.

What juror in their right mind is going to believe this guy didn't deliberately intend to kill the deceased? It was just an accident; right? He only meant to give the dude a little slap in the head. Seriously?

You want to talk about moot arguments... geesh.

Considering the responses on this forum, the responses on the news, the responses on other websites... I'm pretty sure just about any juror "In their right mind" is going to believe it.... however, due to a few examples here and there, there seem to be some who are not in their right mind that have an issue with it....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

So if dad saw a man sexually assaulting his daughter, he should not protect them? Unworldly, are you suggesting men should not protect their children? Or are you suggesting, the father could have been a complete coward and waited around for police, and not resorted to violence. That is disgusting to me, you find fault with nothing I said except "men defend their family" really?? We are lacking real men in this world, and not caveman brut types, but real men who stand up and care for their families.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

We are lacking real men in this world, and not caveman brut types, but real men who stand up and care for their families.

I couldn't care less about being considered a "real man" if the definition of such, according to you and those who think as you do, is someone so devoid of self-control that they are literally capable of beating another person to death. Feel free to fall at the feet of these "real men" and worship them all you like. I'm not impressed with them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Wow...

You know me so well, don't you? If so, shouldn't you be a bit more careful about hurling insults at me? After all, I'm a deranged goon...

According to you, it's some sort of crime to be protective of one's family to the point of being willing to kill to keep them safe, or to make sure harm doesn't revisit them.

The police can't do it. The courts won't, save by accident. So that leaves the adults in that childs life. Parents. Uncles/Aunts.

You don't like my opinions, and thoughts on this matter? I'll get over it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Unworldly, I actually understand your disgust with the man murdering someone, however I'm more disgusted with pedophiles, what if this guy had a weapon? What if he planned on killing this child after he did his deed? I'm all for self control, but honestly protecting the child is number one. We don't have enough details on what this man was thinking. The bad news is someone died, the good news no more abused children if that is the case. I don't throw myself at 'real mens' feet, I know as a mother I would lose it and a man with higher testosterone levels would be much worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I actually understand your disgust with the man murdering someone, however I'm more disgusted with pedophiles...

There are quite a few people and things which leave me feeling disgusted as well, but if I justified murder based on the deceased having done things that offend and disgust me, then certainly I would feel that quite a few murders--perhaps, even, the majority of them--are well justified.

Beyond that, the fact that you and, no doubt, many others as well, can label this murderer a "real man" for literally beating another person to death continues to be profoundly offensive and disturbing to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

We are lacking real men in this world, and not caveman brut types, but real men who stand up and care for their families.

I couldn't care less about being considered a "real man" if the definition of such, according to you and those who think as you do, is someone so devoid of self-control that they are literally capable of beating another person to death. Feel free to fall at the feet of these "real men" and worship them all you like. I'm not impressed with them.

In other words, you are female and hate men. got it.

....not that all women hate men, that isn't the case at all and is actually more rare than common.
edit on 14-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Unworldly, I do admit I understand your disgust. I was ignorant on your take before, but I get it now, murdering someone doesn't make you a real man. Maybe I should say being proactive in defending your child, makes you a real man. I'm not impressed with murder, I'm glad he did not look the other way, if the child was hurt of killed, that would be much worse, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

In other words, you are female and hate men. got it.

Gee, your keen insight and impressive powers of observation are remarkable; you really should consider becoming a detective.

I'm a man--just not a "real man," according to how this thread seems to define one.

So if you walked in on someone raping your 4 year old daughter, you would turn around and walk the other way? If that's the case, then your actions would disgust me (as you like to say about the actions of others). You are not opening your mind to the argument of others. He stopped the man to get him off his daughter. The blows happened to result in death. It wasn't setting out to murder the guy, the guy died in the fight...over the daughter who was being raped.
I am also highly offended by your ignorance, apathy and attempts to be "cute". It seems you are more passive-agressive than physically aggressive, how is that any better?
edit on 14-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Most places the act must be at the same level as that of the man he attacked. But that is generally only a rule for more extreme situations...like blowing away a group of teenagers with your sawed off shotgun for egging your house.

In this situation...any reasonable man would have punched the # out of this man. I think the father will get off just fine because he can easily argue that his intent was not to kill the man but to get him off his daughter and to subdue him. No jury would convict him. It is not like he knocked the pedo out and then tied him to a chair to torture him to death.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is again assuming the story is actually true. The only actors in this event are the 44 year old man who was killed, the father, and the daughter. It is possible that the father killed him over something else that was not justifiable and then covered it up by involving his daughter. This would be a smart move because it plays on the emotions of the community who basically go on a witch-hunt before objectively determining if everything was true.

Right now all we can do is agree or disagree with the father's story which may or may not be true.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tulkor
This is again assuming the story is actually true. The only actors in this event are the 44 year old man who was killed, the father, and the daughter. It is possible that the father killed him over something else that was not justifiable and then covered it up by involving his daughter. This would be a smart move because it plays on the emotions of the community who basically go on a witch-hunt before objectively determining if everything was true.

Right now all we can do is agree or disagree with the father's story which may or may not be true.

Yes, very good reminder. But, we are also gaining more information from the inspection of the case. It has been pointed out in one of the reports that the girl's underwear had already been removed and also that another child came running to the father to tell him about it. There is insinuation of other witnesses being present but not named at this time, most likely due to public interest in the story being so high.
With what we've been told so far, I am very much inclined, just as the sheriff is, to believe the father is being truthful in what he has said. ... as you appear to be as well in your posts.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

You forgot one.
Was there any investigation into whether or not this situation actually went down as it did?
I mean, did the cops just take the guys word that he killed this fellow for sexually abusing his daughter or did they check to see if the guy was actually sexually abusing the daughter?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

You forgot one.
Was there any investigation into whether or not this situation actually went down as it did?
I mean, did the cops just take the guys word that he killed this fellow for sexually abusing his daughter or did they check to see if the guy was actually sexually abusing the daughter?

The investigation is underway as reported by the news sources, then it will be presented to a grand jury and they will decide if the father should be charged. He is not presently being charged due to the SYG laws. The grand jury will decide on whether to uphold that or to charge him.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join