It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Sounds good, next time I want to get rid of someone, I'll just say they were touching my kid and I went into a rage. I'm sorry if i missed this but was there a witness other than the attacker and the 4 yr old? I'm all for taking out pervs but it's a slippery slope when things like this are made light of. The bottom line, A 4 year old was (possibly) molested and a man is dead....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76
reply to post by anon72

Sounds good, next time I want to get rid of someone, I'll just say they were touching my kid and I went into a rage. I'm sorry if i missed this but was there a witness other than the attacker and the 4 yr old? I'm all for taking out pervs but it's a slippery slope when things like this are made light of. The bottom line, A 4 year old was (possibly) molested and a man is dead....

And they will investigate your case just as they are investigating this one. When they find no witnesses, no evidence of trauma to the child, and a noted history between you and the other person, they will take it to trial and find that it was actually premeditated murder. The slope only has a .01% incline on a high friction surface with very little chance of slippage.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When it comes to your child, all bets are off. You should defend your child with your life, using all the force you can bring to bear on whoever and whatever is harming your offspring. This piece of crap got what he deserved. This is a force that resides in the core of our animal minds- protect your offspring. I double dog dare anyone to get between an offspring and its parent. Its a mammalian reaction to defend. Even a rabbit will attack if it thinks its little ones are in danger. Its a good thing that this person was dead at the scene, since I'm just evil enough to make someone's last moments the most painful hell they could have ever imagined, and death would be a mercy.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
The full story is not known yet, is there any proof of what the guy was supposed to have been doing ?

If it is dark etc & you give somebody a warning then ok you can protect yourself with force & if the intruder gets killed then so be it, but this may seem to go a bit to far, you cannot simply become judge, jury & executioner because where do you draw the line ?

There simply is no justice in the USA anyway.

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by antar

So do I.

I don't know if this is your belief or not... But at some point, that person will answer for it. Be it in this life, or after. Karma is a wondrous thing.

God will judge... the father just arranged the meeting.

"God will judge" oh dear oh dear

edit on 12/6/12 by DanaKatherineScully because: (no reason given)

Sure I can... it may not be legal, but I can do it.

Yes, in my belief, God will judge. If you belief differs, so be it, that is your decision and that's fine. Either way, the guy is dead and won't be molesting any other children. Granted, it would have been better if the beat down had not resulted in death, but it did and that can't be changed.
It is not said that the father had the intention of killing the guy, just that he pummeled him and the blows resulted in death. I don't think he had any intention of killing him, but that was the end result. SINCE that's the end result, I support the father not being charged due to the circumstances of the fight.

We do not yet know if the guy was molesting anyone, if he was not, then the farther should get the death penalty for murder, eye for a eye & all that.

The farther knew what he was doing, don't give me any of that he did not have any intention or he was insane etc, no matter how you look at it, the farther took someone else's life & is guilty of murder

God cannot judge anyone, because if God does so exist he created the guy who was allegedly molested the girl & he allowed it to happen, God does not exist so it is of irrelevance to suggest God will judge.

If God was here, he would say forgive & forget !

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 13/6/12 by DanaKatherineScully because: double post removed, due to site error.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Who's to say if it makes you evil, but does it make you a predictable goon? A wannabe vigilante? Does it make you yet another dime-a-dozen, generic, knee-jerk sensationalist--just like the multitude of others--who puff up their deranged egos by fantasizing about all the wonderfully terrible things they'd do if ? Yes, on all counts.

You cyber cowboys are deliberately trying to adopt the mindset of a murderer. You're actually imagining the scenario... plotting it out... connecting the dots, one by one... and visualizing your child being molested or worse, as you commit deliberate murder in retribution.

You're quite disturbed and don't even realize it--you and those like you. You rejoice that a supposed monster has been put down, but you fail to see the beast staring back at you from the mirror.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
When it comes to your child, all bets are off. You should defend your child with your life, using all the force you can bring to bear on whoever and whatever is harming your offspring. This piece of crap got what he deserved. This is a force that resides in the core of our animal minds- protect your offspring. I double dog dare anyone to get between an offspring and its parent. Its a mammalian reaction to defend. Even a rabbit will attack if it thinks its little ones are in danger. Its a good thing that this person was dead at the scene, since I'm just evil enough to make someone's last moments the most painful hell they could have ever imagined, and death would be a mercy.

I fully agree with your statement!! I would have defended my child if it was me in that situation. I think that if there was definite molestation going on then the father would have seen 'red' and his protective instincts took over and took out the threat to his child..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcatsrule

The line IS blurred. When rape is now defined by someone simply showing you their naked body (as a friend told me who went to a rape support group), the line is being blurred. Or a dentist who fondled a woman's breasts while she was under. Compare that to someone who was dragged into an ally way, beaten, and penetrated, then left bleeding. THAT person will tell you what rape is.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully

We do not yet know if the guy was molesting anyone, if he was not, then the farther should get the death penalty for murder, eye for a eye & all that.

The farther knew what he was doing, don't give me any of that he did not have any intention or he was insane etc, no matter how you look at it, the farther took someone else's life & is guilty of murder

God cannot judge anyone, because if God does so exist he created the guy who was allegedly molested the girl & he allowed it to happen, God does not exist so it is of irrelevance to suggest God will judge.

If God was here, he would say forgive & forget !

Actually, one of the news reports from the many links that have been posted said the girls underwear had been removed, so yes, he was molesting her. If you wish to continue discussing the story, it is important that you keep up with the progression of the story.

That pretty much negates the rest of your statements.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Since no "murder" took place, your argument is moot. Manslaughter was committed, but it was within the law, therefore a crime didn't even take place from the father's end due to the crime that took place from the dead guy's end.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My compassion does not extend to pedophiles, good riddance. Lets hope we can remove our pedophile elite, these type sickos can't be rehabilitated, they would have just done it again anyway. A real man defends his family, I'm on dads side.

I hope dad had proof, and was not jumping the gun.
edit on 13-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I would have to agree with you that sick man deserved what he got he shouldn't even been doing that to that man's child if that was one of my kids i would do the same. If i caugth somebody doing that to my kids i would knock there heads off there shoulders.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
reply to post by seagull

Who's to say if it makes you evil, but does it make you a predictable goon? A wannabe vigilante? Does it make you yet another dime-a-dozen, generic, knee-jerk sensationalist--just like the multitude of others--who puff up their deranged egos by fantasizing about all the wonderfully terrible things they'd do if ? Yes, on all counts.

You cyber cowboys are deliberately trying to adopt the mindset of a murderer. You're actually imagining the scenario... plotting it out... connecting the dots, one by one... and visualizing your child being molested or worse, as you commit deliberate murder in retribution.

You're quite disturbed and don't even realize it--you and those like you. You rejoice that a supposed monster has been put down, but you fail to see the beast staring back at you from the mirror.

I honestly see your point, but if in fact all the information we have is correct, he was walking in on it as it happened, and simply reacted. I would agree with you if it happened a week before hand and he hunted the guy down. Sure some people are getting off on the "what if" scenario and like to play tough, but it was a dangerous situation. As I said in a previous post, you don't know how crazy the criminal was. He could have been armed, he was caught, he could have held the kid as a hostage to get away, he could have just killed the kid and the father. Forget the macho "I ain't 'fraid of nuthin' I'd kill that feller", at the end of the day it was a parent in a very dangerous, time sensitive situation with their child, who did what he had to to protect both of them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

The problem is, the idea is ever embedded in our sick society. Ever heard of Muhammad and 6 yr old Aisha? He has over a billion followers and I am not referring to Twitter.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a good friend of mine was beaten to a bloody pulp one night when we were at an acquaintances house drinking way too much. he asked where the toilet was and in the dark took a wrong turn. was standing in the door way to one of the childs bedrooms and was unzipping and walking in... father saw this and just went ballistic.

If this guy was an actual pedo though. good ridence

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by anon72

ORRRR... Suppose the man caught the sheriff sexually abusing his own daughter and he killed the man cause he found out…just saying !

edit on 11-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

I think the sheriff needs to take a lie detector test...just to make sure all the events took place accordingly, things just don’t add up for me in this case, its much more to it and I’m pretty sure more will come out to what really happened when the man may have perhaps came in on the sheriff…just saying,ya never no!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

reply to post by anon72

ORRRR... Suppose the man caught the sheriff sexually abusing his own daughter and he killed the man cause he found out…just saying !

edit on 11-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

I think the sheriff needs to take a lie detector test...just to make sure all the events took place accordingly, things just don’t add up for me in this case, its much more to it and I’m pretty sure more will come out to what really happened when the man may have perhaps came in on the sheriff…just saying,ya never no!

Sometimes.... sometimes, thing really are exactly what they seem to be. Sometimes.....sometimes, people really do tell the truth. Not everything in the world is a conspiracy theory. Sometimes, it just is what it is. This is one of those times.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
We don't know that this is one of those cases or not, however, if there is evidence of sexual misconduct, it doesnt matter. He's innocent unless proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, and that is not a substitute for beliefs, assumptions, opinions, but proof. In this case, since her underwear was removed, I see no proof that something other than what he said went down.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Over here in The Netherlands where we're supposed to have more freedom you'd be sentenced to jail if you did that.
Like it's possible to contain your rage if you see someone assaulting your 4 year old daughter, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
A real man defends his family, I'm on dads side.

As a man, your mindset is amazingly offensive to me.

This has been a huge problem with how men identify with what it means to be men. There is a stereotype with men--no, a pressure--to be physically confrontational with any threat, be it real or perceived.

Unfortunately, in the minds of some, men are still expected to act like rough -n- tough, macho, testosterone fueled barbarians who are ready at a moment's notice to physically beat down (or even kill) whoever or whatever is an offense to him or his family.

Disgusting.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join