It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
There is something fishy here. There is two different stories being told. The first story reported that the father caught the pedo raping his 4 year old in the house. The second story reported that the pedo grab the 4 year girl, took her into some nearby bushes. Another kid caught the pedo in the act raping the 4 year girl. Went and told the little girl father. Which in turn rushed toward the bushed were the pedo was raping the father 4 year old daughter.

Also the first story reported that the pedo was well known and was know about his horse grooming abilities. The second story reported that the pedo came with some other people and no one knew who he was.

It was the father who was well known for his horse grooming abilities. The story is still unfolding and as it does, there will be more information added and reported on. It's the dynamics of reporting.
The story hasn't really changed, it just got more specific.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
50 years ago, we didn't have a lot of "breaking news" like we do today. What we did have were major, nationwide alerts that were already investigated and researched thoroughly by the time they passed it on to us.

Today, we know the very moment that it happens and the details are sorted out afterwards. We are given the view of those who investigate it today, where we were the end product back then. We watch things from around the world unfold before our eyes. More information is added, in real-time, not in report-time.

The news we got years ago would include pertinent information from the police reports, what the judge said, when trials may or may not be and so on. This particular story wouldn't have even been heard about on the other side of the country until months after it happened and everything had already been sorted out. Today, it spreads like wildfire all over the world.

We have to look at things very differently than we did many years ago because it's presented in a completely different way, immediately, before the investigation part is even complete, let alone any decisions involved.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

There is something fishy here. There is two different stories being told. The first story reported that the father caught the pedo raping his 4 year old in the house. The second story reported that the pedo grab the 4 year girl, took her into some nearby bushes. Another kid caught the pedo in the act raping the 4 year girl. Went and told the little girl father. Which in turn rushed toward the bushed were the pedo was raping the father 4 year old daughter.

Also the first story reported that the pedo was well known and was know about his horse grooming abilities. The second story reported that the pedo came with some other people and no one knew who he was.

It was the father who was well known for his horse grooming abilities. The story is still unfolding and as it does, there will be more information added and reported on. It's the dynamics of reporting.

Read the first report. Here is a small quote from that report. The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Read the first report. Here is a small quote from that report. The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

Thanks, I was of the impression that was about the father. That may be why the friend had brought him along then. They were working with horses.
The more recent reports are saying that not many people in the area knew him and he was from a different town. His abilities must have been known in a different area than the town where it happened, probably by the guy that brought him.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thanks, I was of the impression that was about the father. That may be why the friend had brought him along then. They were working with horses.
The more recent reports are saying that not many people in the area knew him and he was from a different town. His abilities must have been known in a different area than the town where it happened, probably by the guy that brought him.
Yeah, that probably what it is. Here is a link of a third news report about the event. This time it's happen in the barn.
www.sheknows.com...
edit on 13-6-2012 by kennethmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yeah, that probably what it is. Here is a link of a third news report about the event. This time it's happen in the barn.
www.sheknows.com...

we're definitely getting it as it unfolds! There are always twists and turns in any investigation I guess.
I haven't seen anything yet that really changes that the guy was molesting the little girl and the father hit him and he ended up dying from however many hits there were. ....as long as it holds that he was molesting the little girl, I'm supportive of the father regardless of all the other details.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think with all the national attention, they may end up having to take him into custody just because there was a death involved, then be given a very low bond. The only charge that could actually stand at the moment would be involuntary manslaughter, not murder. If the DA chooses to try a murder charge, it would be an undoubted dismissal when it gets to trial... and that may be a good thing in the long run. It would make the court proceedings short and sweet instead of long and drawn out.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They're talking about this on Fox news right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think with all the national attention, they may end up having to take him into custody just because there was a death involved, then be given a very low bond.

I hope not, because that opens the door for a cascade of unfortunate events. Look at Zimmerman. They didn't lock him up, and then they had to because of public outcry, and then they caught him lying about finances, and now there are perjury charges against the wife, and who knows how it will end.

I hope they don't lock him up at all unless they find some kind of backstory or ulterior motivation that hasn't come out yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think with all the national attention, they may end up having to take him into custody just because there was a death involved, then be given a very low bond.

I hope not, because that opens the door for a cascade of unfortunate events. Look at Zimmerman. They didn't lock him up, and then they had to because of public outcry, and then they caught him lying about finances, and now there are perjury charges against the wife, and who knows how it will end.

I hope they don't lock him up at all unless they find some kind of backstory or ulterior motivation that hasn't come out yet.

I agree with you... but now that the can of worms is opened, who knows where it will go

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You will hard pressed to find people out here crying for the man to be locked or threatening him.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have been thinking about this topic and reading the responses, age four was the age I was sexually assaulted more than once by a neighbor,

I wanted to reflect on if I hated him enough to beat him to death, even though I believe it ruined my life in many ways, I don't feel hate., or the desire to kill him, although he is already dead.

Is there something wrong with me?

If It was my child I would most likely go berserk, but I wouldn't use violence, I don't think.
edit on 023030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 023030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I am very much a non-violent person by nature. I've always thought I wouldn't have the stomach to actually take another person's life, no matter what the circumstances... HOWEVER, if I caught someone raping my daughter, I don't think I would be in my right mind at that moment, so there's no telling what I'd do. Temporary insanity. If I killed him, would I regret it later? Yes, I'm sure I would. It would haunt me for the rest of my life that I was directly responsible for ending someone's life.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
You will hard pressed to find people out here crying for the man to be locked or threatening him.

I agree.... but there are always a few, and those few tend to have the biggest mouths

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here is a news link about it on Fox News.

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Here is a news link about it on Fox News.

video.foxnews.com...

On that video page at Fox, press the transcript button and see what the automatic transcript spits out. I think it needs some work.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

granted im not saying all pedos are victims themselves, but most are due to being subjected to that behavior themselves.

i could go into why i know this as fact, only its kinda personal

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

you ever had to deal with a victim of sexual abuse or child abuse? me and my wife did as foster parents for 12 yrs taking in kids other foster homes would not take. we had to quit after 12 or 13 yrs because the stress that is around these kids is so high you lock your own bed room doors at night.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Please put your seats in the upright position, fold your tray tables and fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!!!

news.yahoo.com...

“My understanding is that they are looking for family members in Mexico,” McMinn said.

Police have not confirmed whether or not the man was an illegal alien or a U.S. citizen with family in Mexico.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You have the right to protect you and your family in Texas and are allowed to shoot and kill anyone breaking in or harming your family.

Man didn't have a gun on him I guess and a man was harming his daughter in his home he has broken no law in my opinion.

If he had shot the man I doubt a lot of you people would make as big of a deal out of it, you would just say another man using his rights to bear arms.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As pointed out in the yahoo article once again, he was within the law. The civil rights guy will have to lobby the legislature to change it so the someone can call time out, do over, when doing a serious crime. To bad the victim doesn't get a do over for the mental harm done.

We can go back to making the person trying to stop a crime have to let up only to be attacked or shot when the perp gets the break and regroups. How many times do criminals do anything it takes to turn the tables in their favor when they know capture and jail time is coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join