It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We don't make law based on extreme cases -- sure this story can pull the heart strings and make a "manly man" feel a sense of power. The opportunities to rush in and righteously kill another human are few and far between.

Before "stand your ground" this father was in no danger of seeing jail time in all but the most regressive courtrooms or confused juries.

Justifying this stupid, stupid law with this sort of scenario is ridiculous. Besides the man was NOT THREATENED so "stand your ground" is not even applicable. Good old "self defense" of you and your loved ones was all that was needed.

I'm not going to read the comments on this topic because I'm sure it will be depressingly filled with macho grandstanding and he-man theology. Bunch of wimps shouting in the dark with a deep voice drives half the politics in this country these days.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Like one or two punches would have knocked him out, but instead he loomed over the child abuser and pummeled him in the head.

Best I can tell, we do not know how many times he hit the man. Maybe it was once or twice.
edit on 6/12/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Just have to make sure this "man" was really doing what he's accused of doing and not beaten to death because the father "thought" something inappropriate was going on. If he was really doing this, he should have been killed on the spot. God bless the father for having the strength to put the guy down. Poor little girl who had to watch her daddy dispatch this goon.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Like one or two punches would have knocked him out, but instead he loomed over the child abuser and pummeled him in the head.

Best I can tell, we do not know how many times he hit the man. Maybe it was one once or twice.
Actually, you can kill a man with just one hit. If you hit him in the right spot.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At this time, no names, whether there were witnesses, and other details are not being released to public.

From what I can find from local contacts, this may not be all that unusual for the county. It may be that any info will come from the DA or after a grand jury looks at the facts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One thing that might play into the situation is that there have been, to the best of my recall, 3 homicide deaths before this one in the county in that last 10 or 11 years. Not something that happens all that often.
edit on 6/12/2012 by roadgravel because: change 2 to 3

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

and if you catch your daughter screaming, and SEE another person next to her
you would do the same...Right...

And the other person is you grandmother...Hugging you daughter
for comfort since she bashed her knee...

if I see someone next to her while she is screaming and they have their appendage hanging out, yeah, I would do the same thing.
grandmothers don't have those appendages.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

i agree with you mate.
there is much sense in your reply.
when i first read this post i felt like the father had acted like any father would, and killing that man.... well, i would of too!
but, you are right with your possible ' arguement ' scenorio.
it seems very suspicious that a 'sick basterd' would even try to do evil to a 4 year old girl when his is surrounded by people that would kill him if they seen his alleged evil assult!.
if he was a pedo then he is now in the place he deserves to be ( hell ), if it was just an arguement between the farther and this man , then the farther should be punished big-time.
false lableing destroys the person involved and there family.
i hope that this is a case that will get proper investigation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

You forgot:

3. I hope the little 4-year-old girl didn't see this happen.

I'm actually ok with that part.... she was traumatized by the sexual assault, seeing her father beat the man down (who happened to die from the beat down) showed her that the guy was wrong, she wasnt. That takes away a lot of the guilt and trauma that assault victims have to face. So.... I hope she did watch it. I hate it that she saw someone die, but I'm glad she got to see the beating (that just happened to result in death).

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I don't know whats more alarming. The fact that there are people out there sneaking off to molest peoples kids or the fact that it seems most people are ignorant of what habeas corpus is for and would rather people just be killed. Either way you look at it, something is rotten here. There is no "right answer" to this, only wrongs.

I have half a mind to believe this is close to the truth, a possible exception being the intentions of the father. I get the feeling he meant to beat that guy to death, who's going to openly admit to the press or the law otherwise? There are a lot of IFs here, too many IFs.

Regardless, if its found that it all went down like they say it did then so be it. The people's justice was served, no further action needed. Be careful of the "people's justice" though, sometimes it tends to commit atrocities. People (collectively) don't have much of a clue what justice is IMHO. To most, it appears "justice" is supposed to be something that serves their personal interests. To others, justice an obstacle to their interests.

So who is wrong and who is right in a world with perverse people and perverse systems of order? How do we even know?

My condolences to the daughter for having to live in this rotten world. Learn to use a firearm, learn to fight for the sake of others. Don't lose your head in it.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

If he had full intentions of killing the guy (premeditated), he would have had a weapon, not do it barehanded. I believe the story is accurate and I support the result.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by antar

So do I.

I don't know if this is your belief or not... But at some point, that person will answer for it. Be it in this life, or after. Karma is a wondrous thing.

God will judge... the father just arranged the meeting.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by unworldly

...and your point?

It was murder, it was violent, it was nearly every nasty phrase you can come up with. All true. ...and?

If the story is true, every act that father did is defensible.

It wasn't murder, it was manslaughter. Murder would have been intentional, manslaughter is killing as a result of something else, which is the case here. They can bring him up on manslaughter charges, but it isn't likely that a jury in Texas would convict him.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The full story is not known yet, is there any proof of what the guy was supposed to have been doing ?

If it is dark etc & you give somebody a warning then ok you can protect yourself with force & if the intruder gets killed then so be it, but this may seem to go a bit to far, you cannot simply become judge, jury & executioner because where do you draw the line ?

There simply is no justice in the USA anyway.

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by antar

So do I.

I don't know if this is your belief or not... But at some point, that person will answer for it. Be it in this life, or after. Karma is a wondrous thing.

"God will judge" oh dear oh dear

edit on 12/6/12 by DanaKatherineScully because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
There should be a new law passed that if you're ever caught raping/molesting anyone you can be shot/beaten/killed on sight, and others may join in on taking shots at the sick pervert....and no charges can come from it
edit on 12-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Can't... somebody would take advantage of it and just claim there was rape or molestation even if there wasn't in order to kill whoever they wanted.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
The full story is not known yet, is there any proof of what the guy was supposed to have been doing ?

If it is dark etc & you give somebody a warning then ok you can protect yourself with force & if the intruder gets killed then so be it, but this may seem to go a bit to far, you cannot simply become judge, jury & executioner because where do you draw the line ?

There simply is no justice in the USA anyway.

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by antar

So do I.

"God will judge" oh dear oh dear

edit on 12/6/12 by DanaKatherineScully because: (no reason given)

Sure I can... it may not be legal, but I can do it.

Yes, in my belief, God will judge. If you belief differs, so be it, that is your decision and that's fine. Either way, the guy is dead and won't be molesting any other children. Granted, it would have been better if the beat down had not resulted in death, but it did and that can't be changed.
It is not said that the father had the intention of killing the guy, just that he pummeled him and the blows resulted in death. I don't think he had any intention of killing him, but that was the end result. SINCE that's the end result, I support the father not being charged due to the circumstances of the fight.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

If it's murder in your eye's. Then your right, a GROWN MAN murdered the mind of a 4 year old.( We) unless we've been their. have no idea the mental, emotional, damage that has been done to that little girl. Irregardless the physical damage. She may never ever get over it. If your a pervert and you have the testicles to do that with people around you, well let's say he knew the price he would pay if he got caught. He got caught, and his actions wrote a check his body could'nt cash.. Good riddance. Dig him up, kill him again.

It's a shame parents of children who were abused by priest's can't do the same thing, this father did. There is no seperation of the two acts. Child molester's and Pedophile's the worst of the worst of the worst.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
There should be a new law passed that if you're ever caught raping/molesting anyone you can be shot/beaten/killed on sight, and others may join in on taking shots at the sick pervert....and no charges can come from it
edit on 12-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Your statement is retarded, the number of people being killed under the license of saying "he/she was molesting my child" would go through the roof.

Its as if there are some people in America are just itching to shoot someone they don't like, and if such a law were passed then you would have your excuse to kill.

I am sure America will never allow it on this basis.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Old does not mean frail

Well, I was just more then curious why you came up with this because I thought I made clear that I´m a peace loving person even if I´m sometimes a little bit unlucky with my grammar and word selection.

If you ever visit south Germany, let me know.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by nixie_nox

Every single rapist should be put to death , my daughter was raped at 12 years of age by her step dad and the damage done almost cost her her life through severe depression and guilt resulting in suicide attempts , so for all you bleeding hearts that protect these rapists YOU ARE NO BETTER THEN THEM AND ONLY ENABLE THEM SICK SICK SICK.

I don't think anyone on this forum would defend a rapist. But what they are saying is that we do not know all the facts about this case, then the reason for this man killing this man with his bare hands is should still be in question.

How would you feel if a close relative was killed in the same way, and the person killing them said that they were abusing their child? Would you swallow their story hook line and sinker? Or would you start asking questions?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

so did the guy get a cash reward for beating up a pedo?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join