It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

So do I.

I don't know if this is your belief or not... But at some point, that person will answer for it. Be it in this life, or after. Karma is a wondrous thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I know as a result of this post I will catch a lot of flak, but it's something I need to say, especially in a situation like this.

Nobody deserves to be murdered. Yes, even a disgusting child abuser. If we go around willy-nilly beating people to death for any reason, we're no better than unintelligent animals.

That being said, I don't reall blame the father for what he did. He defended his daughter, good on him. The problem is, he took a man's life. Should he be punished for it? I don't believe so. Should the child abuser be punished? Well, he won't now, as he had his brains beaten out of his skull.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually I don't think SYG will apply in this case. If it had been the four year old who had shot the bastard, then it would apply.

I too wouldn't fault the daughter for what he did though.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

...and your point?

It was murder, it was violent, it was nearly every nasty phrase you can come up with. All true. ...and?

If the story is true, every act that father did is defensible.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I know as a result of this post I will catch a lot of flak, but it's something I need to say, especially in a situation like this.

Nobody deserves to be murdered. Yes, even a disgusting child abuser. If we go around willy-nilly beating people to death for any reason, we're no better than unintelligent animals.

That being said, I don't reall blame the father for what he did. He defended his daughter, good on him. The problem is, he took a man's life. Should he be punished for it? I don't believe so. Should the child abuser be punished? Well, he won't now, as he had his brains beaten out of his skull.

Do you think he wanted to kill the man? He probably just lost it, but I don't blame him. That's not murder. Don't confuse the two. Abusing children, next to genuine murder, is the gravest crime a person can commit. He would not have lasted long in prison.

I applaud the officers who stuck to the rule of law rather than react in disgust based on their aesthetic inclinations.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I would of killed the man too, if i saw a man molesting a child i didnt even know, id have a hard time not beating him to death....

SM2

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Actually I don't think SYG will apply in this case. If it had been the four year old who had shot the bastard, then it would apply.

I too wouldn't fault the daughter for what he did though.

stand your ground also applies to defending a third person from a forcible felony or severe bodily injury. So, yes it would still apply in this case. The amazing thing to me is how many people around here feel any sympathy for the low life that chose to molest a 4 year old child. It is not "murder" when you are defending yourself or someone else, its called justifiable homicide, saying the low life was murdered implies the father commited a crime, which he did not.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have a question, what if the guy didn't die? Had he lived could he have sued for injuries? Even though he commited a heinous act? Perhaps a permanent disability?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I support the father 100%.

www.youtube.com...

The dad here didn't go to prison either.

SM2

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
I have a question, what if the guy didn't die? Had he lived could he have sued for injuries? Even though he commited a heinous act? Perhaps a permanent disability?

I am not 100% positive in Texas, but most states that have the stand your ground law and the castle doctrine, the person protecting is immune from civil and criminal prosecution.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There is no good in this. Humanity is so stuck up in the duality of good verses evil they don't realize that nobody wins. Someone died and a young child was emotionally hurt - both sides lost and I ask our One Creator to guide both entities paths.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So if you find yourself in this situation, finish the guy.

Dead men can't sue, or testify.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

I am not 100% positive in Texas, but most states that have the stand your ground law and the castle doctrine, the person protecting is immune from civil and criminal prosecution.

Wow? Really? Here in Australia if the rapist lived, he probably would have gotten off, and received a victims of crime compensation payment. Our judicial system is broked.

SM2

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
There is no good in this. Humanity is so stuck up in the duality of good verses evil they don't realize that nobody wins. Someone died and a young child was emotionally hurt - both sides lost and I ask our One Creator to guide both entities paths.

Or I am sorry, we should just let the molester continue on his merry way? Maybe he would molest your children next? You have to responsible for your actions. He chose to molest a child, he ignored the probable consequences. The father chose to end the existence of such a vile individual doing the word a favor.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't think the guy is going to get charge for murder for protecting his daughter from a child rapist. If he does get charge? His wife as well. It would be for child endangerment and neglect. A 4 year old child you always keep at your side at all time. We don't know if the the child rapist grab the child and took her into the house? Or, the child was already in the house by herself and the child rapist enter into the house and attack her. We don't know that if the 4 year old parents notice that their little girl was missing and went looking for her? Or they'd heard her screaming?

SM2

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

this has been the law in a great many states now for awhile. In my state you are completely immune from any prosecution civil or criminal if you defend yourself even including a justifiable homicide. They can not even take you to jail immediately after the incident if the evidence at the scene points to self defense, defense of a third person or protection of property. They can not even confiscate your firearm.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Wow, maybe one day when the U.S hits the reset button I may relocate
thanks for the info.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There should be a new law passed that if you're ever caught raping/molesting anyone you can be shot/beaten/killed on sight, and others may join in on taking shots at the sick pervert....and no charges can come from it
edit on 12-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

No, He would not be allow to sue. He had sex with a child under the age of 13. Which is a life sentence in the State prison without any chance of getting out.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Certainly he wouldn't have lasted long in prison. But that's where he should be now. Instead, the father went, in my opinion, a little overboard and beat him to death. Like one or two punches would have knocked him out, but instead he loomed over the child abuser and pummeled him in the head.

As for child abuse being close to murder in severity, I agree. However, we can't take it upon ourselves to kill somebody. It's a terrible stain upon your mind, even if it's a well intended stain.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join