It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A delegation of about a hundred pro-Palestine activists from several countries has arrived in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well it is good they are delivering aid, etc but i have to say i am slightly suspicious of their motives - why feel the need to arrive in convoy?

I have a background in conflict resolution, many friends still work in aid / peace keeping / conflict resolution in flashpoints all over the world. They, as a rule, have very rarely arrived en masse somewhere as that can lead to friction with (at least) one of the parties involved in hostilities. It is akin to saying "look, we are here. Now what are you going to do?" - not very helpful when it comes to resolving differences and building trust between dissatisfied parties.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Azadok2day

it is not about the land it is about the Jew and killing them off .

Explain. What makes you think so.

Quite simple. You lot never speak of crimes against humanity committed by the arab against the arab, only by the Jew against the arab.

You never talk about the Turks taking over "Palestine", or the British taking over "Palestine", only the Jews.

You never talk about the crimes against humanity committed against the Jew, only the Arab.

You hate Jews, you resent them for taking over a backwards region in a backwards area and turning it into the most productive and liberal state in the ME, you would rather the Jew was kept in squalid ghettos.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You lot never speak of crimes against humanity committed by the arab against the arab, only by the Jew against the arab.

For the record.... I condemn Arab on Arab crimes.... as I would condemn Jew on Jew crimes.... or American on American crime ... or Chinese on Chinese crime. etc.

you would rather the Jew was kept in squalid ghettos.

No, I would rather the Jew stay in Europe.... where they had been living for centuries prior to the creation of Israel.
If they need a homeland.... let them carve it out of Germany, who roughed them up in WW2. I dont see any sense in making the Arabs pay for the crimes of the Germans.

But of course, you would rather have the Arabs pay for the crimes of the Germans.

edit on 12-6-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

You lot never speak of crimes against humanity committed by the arab against the arab, only by the Jew against the arab.

For the record.... I condemn Arab on Arab crimes.... as I would condemn Jew on Jew crimes.... or American on American crime ... or Chinese on Chinese crime. etc.

you would rather the Jew was kept in squalid ghettos.

No, I would rather the Jew stay in Europe.... where they had been living for centuries prior to the creation of Israel.
If they need a homeland.... let them carve it out of Germany, who roughed them up in WW2. I dont see any sense in making the Arabs pay for the crimes of the Germans.

But of course, you would rather have the Arabs pay for the crimes of the Germans.

Here's the reason why the Jews live in Israel: Because this is where the Jews came from originally before they were kicked out by the Arabs, now the Jews are back, the Arabs and their mentally ill foreign fanbase cannot take it. Arabs stole Israel from the Jews and now it is back with it's rightful owners - suck it up

edit on 12-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Arabs stole Israel from the Jews and now it is back with it's rightful owners.

"rightful owners"

Jewish history holds that the ancestors of the jews stole that same piece of land from another people... the Canaanites.

"Rightful owners"... lol.

Of course, for some people, history begins AFTER Israel was established in that land.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Your ignorance and lack of factual knowledge is quite hilarious.

I see you got bored of being made to look a fool on an earlier thread of mine so have jumped onto this one to try and blind people with your dumbness.

Arabs took Israel from the Jews?! Hilarious.

You are aware that Israel, a secular nation founded by secular Zionists (Zionism is a form of secular nationalism) such as David Ben-Gurion only came into existence in 1948?

As you always bang on about with Palestine, there was not an independent Jewish state called Israel before this.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Arabs stole Israel from the Jews and now it is back with it's rightful owners.

"rightful owners"

Jewish history holds that the ancestors of the jews stole that same piece of land from another people... the Canaanites.

"Rightful owners"... lol.

Of course, for some people, history begins AFTER Israel was established in that land.

You can patronise as much as you like, the fact is there is absolutely nothing you can do! Israel will prevail, it always does, it always defeats its enemies and that really burns you up don't it?
You absolutely hate the fact that Israel always prevails, just think about it; No matter what you say, or think, or how mad you get that Arabs haven't been allowed to turn that land into a brutal backwards Islamic dicatorship, Israel will always be there

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Originally posted by Citybig

I truly enjoy watching the bible play out I this generation, most people are in for a very big surprise .

I feel the same. I think there must be something very extraordinary about that area of the planet. I think something not of this world. But I just wish they could get along there.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

I truly enjoy watching the bible play out I this generation, most people are in for a very big surprise .

I feel the same. I think there must be something very extraordinary about that area of the planet. I think something not of this world. But I just wish they could get along there.

Why should they get along? Why should the Israeli's make any concessions to these people? They should go back to Jordan and Egypt and Syria and Lebanon where they came from and then they would be happy. Oh, I forgot, even their Arab brothers don't want them back hahaha!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

See though, that is the problem. You say they should go back to Lebanon, etc - fair enough, your opinion. What about all the Israeli's you hear interviewed that sound as though they are from New York? Should they also not go back home? If not, your argument has lost all credibility.

In a very depressing situation in Israel, i have to say it always makes me smile that it is settlers that sound as though they should be in the Soprano's that make the most trouble!

edit on 12-6-2012 by Flavian because: grammar

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Why should they get along? Why should the Israeli's make any concessions to these people? They should go back to Jordan and Egypt and Syria and Lebanon where they came from and then they would be happy. Oh, I forgot, even their Arab brothers don't want them back hahaha!

I know. That's why I said "wish".
I feel sorry for children born into the situation who can't help what the adults do.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You can patronise as much as you like, the fact is there is absolutely nothing you can do! Israel will prevail, it always does, it always defeats its enemies and that really burns you up don't it?

Im sure those who spoke out against the Nazi regime were also told the same thing.
That there is nothing they can do... that Nazi Germany will prevail.... that Nazi Germany always defeats its enemies.

If there is anything we can learn from history... is that every powerful kingdom / empire / regime will bite the dust some day or the other.

Israel will be no exception.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Im sure those who spoke out against the Nazi regime were also told the same thing.
That there is nothing they can do... that Nazi Germany will prevail.... that Nazi Germany always defeats its enemies.

If there is anything we can learn from history... is that every powerful kingdom / empire / regime will bite the dust some day or the other.

Israel will be no exception.

It's safe to say that that time will not come for Israel for many, many centuries.

Even when every single Arab nation teams up against a lone Israel, Israel always wins. God truely blesses Israel each and every day.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Citybig

See though, that is the problem. You say they should go back to Lebanon, etc - fair enough, your opinion. What about all the Israeli's you hear interviewed that sound as though they are from New York? Should they also not go back home? If not, your argument has lost all credibility.

In a very depressing situation in Israel, i have to say it always makes me smile that it is settlers that sound as though they should be in the Soprano's that make the most trouble!

edit on 12-6-2012 by Flavian because: grammar

What about them? They made the journey to a country where they will not be persecuted by people for being Jewish. Much in the same way that people flee warzones (usually created by the US) to your country for a safe life, should they go home as well?
edit on 12-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Even when every single Arab nation teams up against a lone Israel, Israel always wins.

For a country that defeated several Arab countries....Israel didn't do so well against Hezbollahs guerilla force a few years ago.
Israels winning streak ended a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I welcome people that want to settle here in the UK, i do not have a problem with it.

The point i was making to you was that you cannot have it both ways - the world doesn't work like that. If you think the Arabs should have to return to their original nations then so should the Israelis that have taken up residence. To make it fair though, lets limit it to Israelis that settled after the Yom Kippur War (rather than all Israelis).

Personally, i see strong cases for and against both parties involved in hostilities in Israel. The only way it will be resolved is through compromise and parity.

The Palestinians are certainly not saints in all of this, as some on here seem to believe. Equally though, some of our members on here refuse to see that Israel is also often in the wrong.

You cannot have one rule for one people, a separate rule for other people. If that path is chosen, conflict will carry on ad infinatum.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I understand the point you are trying to make, and agree with you for the most part. My concern is that the Israelis have demonized the Palestinians, particularly the Gazans for decades so a little positive PR for the Palestinian cause isn't a bad thing in my opinion. The world needs to know what is going on over there, not everyone is as educated on the situation as you or I.

Regrettably, everytime a group of people try to help the Palestinian cause, do end up causing them some harm regardless of their intention due to the Israeli counter attacks via the media or by force.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It is just a shame they felt the need to descend en masse, whilst attracting as much coverage as possible. It really doesn't help the situation.

The thing that makes me most sad regarding Israel / Palestine is that you only ever see the negative stories, not the more positive or successful stories. Arab / Jew can and do live fine side by side. Nutters on either side are no help to anyone, except arms manufacturers! Hmm, maybe there is a conspiracy there!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join