It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood is back!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are very few shows I even watch live anymore, but this is one of the ones I simply cannot miss.

No spoilers here, but there were a lot of cliffhangers from the end of last season, and they all get more or less resolved in this season's debut.

If you've been following the press, you'll know that the cop from L&A SVU is joining the cast as the Vampire Authority head honcho. He isn't in the season's first show, but no doubt will be in the second.

If the first show is any indication though, we're in for a great season again!

For those who've never seen the show, this is a REAL vampire show (real as in realistic), with all of the savagery, sex, and gore that goes with it. No sparkling vampires here. Heck, last season, a vamp ripped out a reporter's spine on national TV, just to give you an idea. This is not your wife's girly vampire teen angst show.

The premise is that researchers invented synthetic blood. An advance that vampires used to then go public (claiming they are no longer a threat, since the synthetic works now). Of course, with immortal life spans, super speed, super strength, and mind control, they are more than a match for any 10 humans. The interesting thing about the show (other than sex and violence, and good story arcs), is that it supposes the vampires have their own politics...something in place for eons to maintain their secrecy and agendas from the mortals.

The main character (Sookie) is part fairy (so she found out last season), but these aren't Tinkerbell type fairies. Still, she can read minds, and this is what attracts her to the vamps. She can't read them, so she finds them "safe".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My boyfriend loves this show. I liked it OK the first season but honestly, I think it's gone down-hill to the point of being kinda ridiculous. It's seems more like a supernatural-comedy to me. Maybe this season will be better. I personally find the Sookie character annoying. But he's all hyped to watch.
Now Dexter, there's a great show.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Won't argue there. I got Showtime for the sole reason of watching Dexter.

But, as annoying as any one character may be, there are lots of characters on True Blood. I personally don't even find Sookie attractive, but Jessica on the other hand....yow!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by maybee

Won't argue there. I got Showtime for the sole reason of watching Dexter.

But, as annoying as any one character may be, there are lots of characters on True Blood. I personally don't even find Sookie attractive, but Jessica on the other hand....yow!

That's why we got Showtime too. We even got one of those box-thingies before they had the streaming to watch a Dexter season we hadn't seen. (Started watching around Season 2) - As far as True Blood, I did like Bill but he's turned out to be a bad guy it seems.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
True blood is great, love the hell out of that show.

Great season openener this year. It's gona be hillarious to watch the filming considering Anna Paquin was pregant during the shooting so all the angles are gonna be weird

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
True blood is great, love the hell out of that show.

Great season openener this year. It's gona be hillarious to watch the filming considering Anna Paquin was pregant during the shooting so all the angles are gonna be weird

I think she's married to the guy that plays Bill in the series. He's actually British but uses a southern accent on the show.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I really don't think the show is going down-hill. In fact, by watching the opening to this season, I'd say it will be the most action packed we've seen. Every season has it's own feel, depth and character development. Granted, I've had some more favourable seasons than others, but there were still some key elements to the storyline and great moments between characters.
After the first season, I went and bought the 12 or 13 Sookie Stackhouse novels and although the novel is based on Sookie alone, they still somewhat follow the theme of the book into the season. I think this show will have at LEAST a couple more seasons ahead

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The Tara thing is gonna be crazy !

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
OK, well it was pretty good. A good opener anyways, but we'll see. Looks like more new characters coming up and OMG the Tara thing is nuts oh and the preacher.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think the humans now hunting vampires for their blood was an awesome twist to the usual vampire story.

I tried reading the books, they were horrible. But I think the show took a fantastic artistic license.

And i agree about Jessica.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I actually enjoyed the books, but pretty much, only season 1 follows them. After that, the series takes a major detour from them, but does keep some of the main events and characters...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
S&F for True Blood!!

It was a good first episode for this season! I kinda didnt want to start this season because i havent watched last season. (I ordered it should be here soon)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I actually enjoyed the books, but pretty much, only season 1 follows them. After that, the series takes a major detour from them, but does keep some of the main events and characters...

Another TB fan here.

This was one thing that irritated me at first but now I kind of dig.
thinking this season may be an interesting twist on one of the books in the series, can't remember which one.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Sookie can really get on my nerves as well.
Every time she screams I just think "dang girl haven't you gotten past that yet??"

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

It seems this season revolves around the Vampire Authority, so it doesn't seem like it's going to focus on any of the books, (as they are barely mentioned in the books).

The one thing that does seem to come from the books is the Debbie Pelt murder, and her parents looking for her. (from the previews).

As for seeing last season. So far, there isn't anything you'd need to know really, other than about Russell.

He's a really old vampire, a gay one, and was king of Mississippi. He really ticked off Eric and Bill, and then they ticked him off by killing his boyfriend. He went berserk, and rather publicly ripped the spine out of a TV newscaster. Eric, Bill, and Sookie eventually tricked him and nearly killed him, opting to bury him in concrete instead, as death was too good for him.

Now, he's escaped (obviously someone is helping him), so that's where we are. (he was the emaciated vampire in the end of last night's episode).

The jury is out on who freed him, but I'm thinking whomever made Rev. Newland a vamp, is a good candidate.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If you've been following the press, you'll know that the cop from L&A SVU is joining the cast as the Vampire Authority head honcho. He isn't in the season's first show, but no doubt will be in the second.

He was great in HBO's series Oz prior to moving over to network TV. I like that HBO keeps using a lot of the same very good actors in their series.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by SangriaRed

It seems this season revolves around the Vampire Authority, so it doesn't seem like it's going to focus on any of the books, (as they are barely mentioned in the books).

The one thing that does seem to come from the books is the Debbie Pelt murder, and her parents looking for her. (from the previews)

As for seeing last season. So far, there isn't anything you'd need to know really, other than about Russell.

He's a really old vampire, a gay one, and was king of Mississippi. He really ticked off Eric and Bill, and then they ticked him off by killing his boyfriend. He went berserk, and rather publicly ripped the spine out of a TV newscaster. Eric, Bill, and Sookie eventually tricked him and nearly killed him, opting to bury him in concrete instead, as death was too good for him.

Now, he's escaped (obviously someone is helping him), so that's where we are. (he was the emaciated vampire in the end of last night's episode).

The jury is out on who freed him, but I'm thinking whomever made Rev. Newland a vamp, is a good candidate.

That's more what I meant the matter of Debbie Pelt, which in the book was a pretty big deal. So, I'm wondering (hoping?) they put some weight on this.

This Authority thing has lost my interest a bit.

Oooooh, I honestly hadn't thought of that re Newland and Russell. Maybe the Texas gang? Whats left of em anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When Jessica threw around her daddy being the King, Newlin said, "Not for long"...so somehow, he's in with someone high up who's aware of Bill and Eric's capture....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh Wow that's a really good catch and connection.
I did hear him say that I just hadn't thought of it like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Jessica is the best part of true blood
.. so hot

Tara looks better has a vampire then a human
perfect role to train her to be Michonne in the walking dead

Falling Skies , Continuum and True blood
are my summer TV shows

top topics

<<   2 >>

join