It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Big is God? - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is a great video. There is nothing really to say. It speaks for itself. The imagery takes you on a journey across time and space to see that our universe is merely one of God's creations. How big is God? To infinity and beyond.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That may be the wrong way to look at it.
Perhaps god is the smallest possible point which connects to all other points?

Just a thought.
edit on 11-6-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
How can anyone even claim to know the size of God?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If by "God" you mean "space" then, well, yes, Space IS big.

Much bigger than any of us can possibly imagine.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God is everything.
There is no limit to god.
When god was I am, god was everything.
God decided the first thing it was was lonely.
So god as the spirit created love, and called it love.
Love is eternal.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Just a thought.

I think you would be right. Alpha and Omega suggests that He is Infinity both ways. Infinity, yet eternal, yet divided into temporal and finite. There cannot be an infinite number of finite things. There cannot be a finite number of infinite things.

Wrap your mind around that.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Above Father is a massive spirit, a human mind can't begin to imagine how big. He sits above all and is all. But, when he speaks or does work, he detaches himself and comes in the form of an entity shaped like man. He is taller than all of the others above. When he detaches himself and sits on the throne or comes here, can not be measured by human standards.

Revelations speaks of a mighty angel (The Arc - The Chief Angel) standing on land and water, this will give a small comparison to his size. But, he is still taller than all of the other angels.
edit on 11-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Many people think most of the Gnostic texts are heretical, but I personally believe that these are Jesus own words…

From the Gospel of Thomas…

(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

And from John…

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Jesus states the kingdom is within and without you. When you watch videos showing space and universe etc all that space exists within you as well, it also exists within space itself. It goes down and down within you, into infinity.

We are all in the vine and are a part of the vine, and are therefore inside and connected to, the mind and Spirit of God…

How big is God?…There is no size! Size is only relative, to what your comparing it too. If I shrunk you down to a size, smaller than a quark, you may be able to exist in another smaller world. In fact, you might not even be aware, that you had been shrunk!

From Alice in Wonderland…

Caterpillar: By the way, I have a few more helpful hints. One side will make you grow taller...
Alice: One side of what?
Caterpillar: ...and the other side will make you grow shorter.
Alice: The other side of what?
Caterpillar: THE MUSHROOM, OF COURSE!

Mushrooms are spherical of course!

- JC

edit on 11-6-2012 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You are gonna get some flaming from the god is separated from creation crowd. Have fun soulbrother.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
How can anyone even claim to know the size of God?

God can claim it
. He is the size of ONE? One size fits all?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

>
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Almost correct. God said our image. Plural not singular. From my point of view that line at least the bible got completly right. That will mean that god is a singular plural.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by pirhanna

Just a thought.

I think you would be right. Alpha and Omega suggests that He is Infinity both ways. Infinity, yet eternal, yet divided into temporal and finite. There cannot be an infinite number of finite things. There cannot be a finite number of infinite things.

Wrap your mind around that.

Do not matter how small we are. We still change the whole and the whole could not be itself without us.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Above Father is a massive spirit, a human mind can't begin to imagine how big. He sits above all and is all. But, when he speaks or does work, he detaches himself and comes in the form of an entity shaped like man. He is taller than all of the others above. When he detaches himself and sits on the throne or comes here, can not be measured by human standards.

Revelations speaks of a mighty angel (The Arc - The Chief Angel) standing on land and water, this will give a small comparison to his size. But, he is still taller than all of the other angels.
edit on 11-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Kinda annoying if he needs a bath is it not? Or do he fit in the ocean if he is at the deepest sea?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Considering that he is omnipresent, too big for my imagination. My imagination ends with seeing the constellations.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
OP, I think you need to be clearer.... which god out of the thousands invented is supposed to be big?

Are people that believe in (insert whatever god here) now suggesting that he, she or it (or a group of gods sitting around chilling) are now responsible for the creation of everything in space, all the suns and all the planets?

Why your god and not one of the others?

Why was Pluto invented or manufactured by your gods for example? It serves no purpose.... so it seems to me that your gods (if they actually existed) don’t do things anywhere near perfectly and they like wastage and debris floating about.

No, the universe was not made by some perfect god of yours, nor would I call any god 'really big' under any circumstances.

PS: My apologies to you Pluto, I know you really wanted to be a planet.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
OP, I think you need to be clearer.... which god out of the thousands invented is supposed to be big?

Are people that believe in (insert whatever god here) now suggesting that he, she or it (or a group of gods sitting around chilling) are now responsible for the creation of everything in space, all the suns and all the planets?

Why your god and not one of the others?

Why was Pluto invented or manufactured by your gods for example? It serves no purpose.... so it seems to me that your gods (if they actually existed) don’t do things anywhere near perfectly and they like wastage and debris floating about.

No, the universe was not made by some perfect god of yours, nor would I call any god 'really big' under any circumstances.

PS: My apologies to you Pluto, I know you really wanted to be a planet.

Mickierocksman

There is only ONE god, ONE. All other ideas is just humans trying to make sense of god thru different ways of thinking because they have a hard time understanding synchronicity and the life around them. From my point of view. When you get over dualistic thinking you will probably notice that if you look beyond the human ego of the ones who who wrote the religons you will find the same source.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

No, not one but many.....

www.godchecker.com...

I suppose that everyone that believes in one will think that their god is the only true god.....

Shame, I suppose that is how some wars start.

Mickierocksman

top topics

join