It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another setback in the IAEA talks with Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Talks between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) broke up on Friday with no agreement on procedures for examining alleged military aspects of Iran’s nuclear program and no more meetings planned. The failure of the talks sets the stage for a breakdown of the broader international negotiations next week in Moscow.

Article Link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Got a feeling this will be Iraq 2.0 real soon and Russia,China will be dragged into it, what better for Obama to win then a regional war in the med east?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Agree. I think they want the Russians to chip in the Syrian Process as well. The Russians definitely has business and strategic interest in the region. The chinese has economic interests as well not just in the ME but also in SA. I say they need to cough up some in any form (money, manpower and/or equipment) if they need a piece of the pie too.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I agree with you but remember unlike Libya Russia has a Naval base, so Sryia is quite different and from what i have seen so far on these supposed the fighting's in Sryia are only happening in and around the capital.

Do you think the majority of Syrians agree with the Rebels?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by hp1229

Do you think the majority of Syrians agree with the Rebels?

True. However the coalition is not stupid to attack the naval base to provoke the russians. I'm sure there will be back door deals and understandings built between russia and the coalition before any military action takes place around the vicinity.

I am not sure how to assess that question as it can very well be like North Korea where everyone is either forced or brainwashed to worship their leader in which case they will be against the Rebels. Religion after all is a very powerful tool to control the masses even though it is not intended to be used as such. ME and several other regions often exploit the weaknesses in the religious belief system to control the masses. I think its mostly the internal political parties/individuals who are mainly against assad but definitely cannot reveal themselves in the open. I'm sure there will be a percentage of the population agrees with the Rebels but I doubt if majority of them do.

new topics

top topics

join