It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU floats worst-case plans for Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The EU is planing to stop Greeks from withdrawing money from they OWN
bank account to stop a bankrun starting or to scare the greeks from voteing for
a anti-euro party SYRIZA.

(Reuters) - European finance officials have discussed as a worst-case scenario limiting the size of withdrawals from ATM machines, imposing border checks and introducing capital controls in at least Greece should Athens decide to leave the euro.

Greeks as with everyone in the EU is allowed to travel within its borders without
any from of passport controls but if your greek the plan is that it ends to stop anyone
moving notes across the border.

Another source confirmed the discussions, including that the suspension of Schengen was among the options raised. "These are not political discussions, these are discussions among finance experts who need to be prepared for any eventuality," the second source said. "It is sensible planning, that is all, planning for the worst-case scenario." The first official said it was still being examined whether there was a legal basis for such extreme measures.

EU floats worst-case plans for Greek euro exit

I cant help but think this story been leeked to stop SYRIZA from being voted in to power.
But remember with the Spainish bank bailout austerity was not part of the deal and in the
other countrys it was.

This has made the anti-euro party stronger and look likely to win power next week.

So the next seven days should be fun then.
edit on 11/6/2012 by skuly because: my poor spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nothing but propaganda by the purse-string-holders to convince the voters of the rest of the countries to support more bailouts and endless suffering to prop up their dying currency, at the cost of their sovereignty and national wealth. Not at all surprising. Don't even *think* about supporting an anti-Euro/anti-ECB party, or we'll take away your right of free passage and access to your own money.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Nothing but propaganda by the purse-string-holders to convince the voters of the rest of the countries to support more bailouts and endless suffering to prop up their dying currency, at the cost of their sovereignty and national wealth.

Not quite.
Germany is the purse holders and I don't think they want more bailouts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I feel like a kid waiting for christmas! This EU has gone on for long enough, ran by disgusting, vile creatures like Manuel Barroso and the other scum in charge of the EU as well as the Germans. I hope SYRIZA wins out, this will encourage other ailing countries to reject the EU and Germany and the EU states can be free again.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by 00nunya00

Nothing but propaganda by the purse-string-holders to convince the voters of the rest of the countries to support more bailouts and endless suffering to prop up their dying currency, at the cost of their sovereignty and national wealth.

Not quite.
Germany is the purse holders and I don't think they want more bailouts.

Of course they do---because they can't legally make open-ended loans to other countries, so they have their little "Eurobonds-lite" plan that holds 20% of those countries' sovereign wealth (including and especially gold) as collateral. Germany gets to pump more worthless Euros into them before it completely dies, then collect 20% of their wealth before they go back to their own currency backed by gold, now all the richer and stronger from those gold injections. Germany's plan is to beat the Euro at its own game.

You think they want everyone to reject bailouts and just default and trash the whole currency with nothing gained?
edit on 12-6-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A joke

A man left his cat with his brother while he went on vacation for a week. When he came back, he called his brother to see when he could pick the cat up. The brother hesitated, then said, "I'm so sorry, but while you were away, the cat died."

The man was very upset and yelled, "You know, you could have broken the news to me better than that. When I called today, you could have said he was on the roof and wouldn't come down. Then when I called the next day, you could have said that he had fallen off and the vet was working on patching him up. Then when I called the third day, you could have said he had passed away."

The brother thought about it and apologized.

"So how's Mom?" asked the man.

"She's on the roof and won't come down."

topjokes.blogspot.de...

"So, how is the Euro doing?"

"It's on the roof and won't come down."
edit on 12-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join