It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil?

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This quote indicates that the creation of evil is an ongoing process by God and that he creates evil for his pleasure. This makes sense in that God would not create something that he did not want in the world or that would displease him.

As a Gnostic Christian, I recognize that the concept of God is all myth.

Literal and historic belief did not generally come about till about the years 80. 50 years after the death of Jesus. In fact, Jesus was not declared divine till the Trinity concept was accepted, by the force of Constantine in 380.

Having said this, I recognize why the ancient thinkers would say that God is pleased when he creates evil in the world.

Do you understand how and why God gains pleasure from creating evil and sin?

If not, why do you think God would create evil and sin for his displeasure?

If God does not do or create evil as some think, then who else has the power to create evil?

Regards
DL

edit on 11-6-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Apologies for the one liner, but it is sad that you have bought what you are trying to sell.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

if there is a almighty god, you are probably right. or what should almighty stand for ?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wish that the topic of religion would be banned from discussion on this site. I don't see forums attacking peoples sexual preferences. Religion is a personal issue; keep it between you and whatever or whoever you believe in. It's socially unacceptable to go around cramming your religious views, whatever they may be, down other peoples throats so why do it here? Can't we all be adults about it and accept that everyone has different views on the subject, respect that, and move on.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

. . . what should almighty stand for ?

If you went to war against Him, you would lose.
I think people slightly over-blow what that word means.
I don't take Revelation as a reliable document to base any sort of theology on, but a Zoroastrian legend that was "Christianized" by clever editing.
edit on 11-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NancyNeedles

Can't we all be adults about it and accept that everyone has different views on the subject, respect that, and move on.
No.
A lot of opinions are based on ignorance which we are obligated to counteract.
If we think we know better somehow, and that information could make the world a better place, we should share it.
I don't think it helps, for example, to say the world is ending and that it is a good thing if everything is just left to go up in flames, while we laugh as we dream about being "raptured".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Apologies for the one liner, but it is sad that you have bought what you are trying to sell.

I do not see this as something for you to apologise for.

It is a compliment to see that you have nothing to refute the sale except for an insult.
That does my job much better than argument.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

do you know, for what things or events god is responsible ?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

if there is a almighty god, you are probably right. or what should almighty stand for ?

I agree of course. You will note that, in a way, I have more faith in this than the faithful.
Then again, they do not really believe their own bible or follow it's good advice such as this.

"Test all things"
1 Thessalonians. 5:21

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NancyNeedles
I wish that the topic of religion would be banned from discussion on this site. I don't see forums attacking peoples sexual preferences. Religion is a personal issue; keep it between you and whatever or whoever you believe in. It's socially unacceptable to go around cramming your religious views, whatever they may be, down other peoples throats so why do it here? Can't we all be adults about it and accept that everyone has different views on the subject, respect that, and move on.

Religions would love that so that they could continue to do evil.

Do you respect those religions and their practices that you see below?
If you do, you are evil. Are they not worthy of having good people speak against?

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

----------------------

Being female, this may also interest you and show you how you should fight your own beliefs.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NancyNeedles

Why is that? You do not have to come and read it. Why come here and whine about it rather than just ignore it. God is all things evil and good. Religion falls into the evil side of the spectrum for all of them are wrong and do evil deeds in this world.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

do you know, for what things or events god is responsible ?

What I know is from personal experience, so I can sort of expand on that knowledge and imagine it on a larger scale, where the same principles apply.
Doubtless the Old Testament was compiled by intelligent men but I do not take it as being quite as ancient and factual as it is presented as, and to me, it is not the only true and authoritative answer to every question imaginable, as some would have it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thats interesting...

That doesn't sound very Gnostic or Christian to me...

If God does not do or create evil as some think, then who else has the power to create evil?

What else but man creates evil?

IF man didn't exist on this planet... Evil would not exist either... only nature.

What people call "evil" is simply selfishness examplified...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Thats interesting...

That doesn't sound very Gnostic or Christian to me...

What else but man creates evil?

IF man didn't exist on this planet... Evil would not exist either... only nature.

What people call "evil" is simply selfishness examplified...

Hogwash.

It is part of survival and healthy for evolving creatures.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that it is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join