It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals: Some things I'm noticing about you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm sorry, but I really see no integrity.

I see nothing but generalizations, wrongful characterizations, and a lack of knowledge of what Marxism is, along with a general lack of reading anything you talk about, such as when you bash Richard Dawkins as being a control freak who must control every bit of your life based on one quote taken out of context from a much larger body of work that comprises multiple books along with having an FRS, FRSL, (The Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge, known as the Royal Society), is a British ethologist, evolutionary biologist and author. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford, and was the University of Oxford's Professor for Public Understanding of Science from 1995 until 2008. He is a man with a lot of credentials and you bash him for one quote taken out of context. How is that full of integrity? I see none at all.

Call me a troll if you will., but I just don't see any integrity from you. I'm sorry.

You use the same techniques to bash homosexuals as you use in your rants against atheists.

And methinks thou doth protest too much.

You see, when you bash people you've got to expect people are going to bash you back.

And that's all you've really been doing with these rants of yours, is bashing huge groups of people.

In other words, don't dish if if you can't take it. Or don't bash people if you want an open and honest discussion.

You really should read more instead of just experiencing things and reacting out of instinct to bash things you don't understand.

Maybe reading more things you'll open your eyes. Somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

So now someone is a troll if they call you out on making bigoted statements?

It seems like you're the one that is authoritarian.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I've looked at your suggested sources here for a "level-headed debate".
The one is from the Washington Times that was founded by the leader of Moonie cult, and has zero credibility.en.wikipedia.org...
It mentions nothing that proves a comprehensive study on gay parenting, and even that has little to do with your proposed discussion on your conclusions of homosexuals in general (except for one of "you", according to your OP). That thread already has over 4 pages, so is that what you want here, copying another thread issue that wasn't in your OP?
The second says even less, and is very critical of your operation.

Seriously dude, what's your point?

Or is gays/feminism as bad influences all we're ever gonna get from you (and your dad was an a-hole, yeah, we know)?

If your point is that gays are too reliant on victimization, then where is the proof?
You are simply reinforcing the existence of homophobia right now.

You clearly have talent as a writer, and something irks you.
If you have a grand theory on Marxism, feminism and gays, then why not start with the Marxism?

Right now it seems like you're just picking things here and there you don't like and then stuffing them in a Marxist bag.
Yet, we don't know your definition of Marxism.
We don't know why it's relevant to gender movements.
Are Marxist countries "gay friendly"?
That's another weak point in your argumentation, because in Africa most of them were not.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by petrus4

So now someone is a troll if they call you out on making bigoted statements?

It seems like you're the one that is authoritarian.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

No, its because those "cards" are pulled way to often.
Example: Hey Jug, whats your stance on gay marriage?
Im against it.
Pfft, homophobe
Hey Jug, how do you think Obamas doing as President?
Not so well
Pfft, racist
Hey Jug, what do you thin about the Israeli/Palestinian issue?
I think the Israelis are the terrorists.
Pfft, anti-semite/nazi

Happens every day and not just on ATS, it happens on a National level.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I have a friend with a PHD in philosophy he could probably destroy you in any argument with a couple of sentences.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I didn't use that argument so......I don't see the relevance.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

My life experience and perceptions have not been the same as yours. Because of my real-life perceptions, I admit that I am somewhat biased, however not to the extent that I am willing to fight against nor attempt to supress anyone's opinion.

My experience has indicated that gays and lesbians mostly want to be left alone, unfetterred, to live their lives without persecution or judgement. There are groups that I have seen firsthand in two cities that I thought projected a sort of militant vibe, and while I didn't blame them for pushing back, I also didn't feel that they were representative of the whole, much as the groups seemed to want to 'carry the flag'.

It's like anything else. Take a group and attempt to paint their beliefs and views with a broad brush, and a person is going to be wrong. Talk to the individual, and a member of any demographic is going to be as you and you and you and me. People just want to live, and people want to be treated equally -- legally, morally, personally and professionally.

I have never once in my life said during an introduction -- "hi, my name is _________, and I'm a heterosexual." I have NEVER in my lifetime heard anyone introduce themselves, followed by their sexuality. I believe that much of the angst associated with gays/lesbians is pushed and promoted by people who have things to gain by riding on the perceived victimization that the REAL PEOPLE do feel, but don't themselves promote.

I think we all tend toward lumping people into a tidy little box of our own imagination. I will be the first to note that that box is an illusion for my own comfort, and doesn't seem to reflect the desires or beliefs of the people who actually reside there. Put another way, we might believe that we can walk metaphorically in anothers' shoes, but when it comes right. down. to. it., we can only empathize, sympathize or castigate.

I have no right to judge, thus I withhold judgement. I want equality for everyone, regardless of how they might appear to us. Never forget, also, that what is visible to us all globally are often the extremes.

A person's sexuality belongs to them, and they are far more than whom they choose to sleep with.

Hello, I'm Argentus, and I'm a heterosexual, and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference, nor portray in any way who I am, or what I am.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Juggernog

I didn't use that argument so......I don't see the relevance.

My post wasnt meant to be directed at you directly. It was a generalization of the thread topic as a whole. I shouldve noted that in the original post, my bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
The only reason I can think of - - that a thread like this is allowed to continue - - is most posters agree with you and not the OP.

That's another one of my central points though, Annee. Homosexuality is one of the primary issues in society, where it is not permissible to express what is viewed as being an incorrect answer. Anything which supports said incorrect answer; even including scientific studies, is rejected out of hand; you're clearly not supposed to even look at it. I've been seeing that happen here with the studies suggesting that children might have a more beneficial upbringing with heterosexual parents. There's no attempt to even refute it; it is simply mocked, and the person who posted it attacked.

There is some genuine tyranny here; and apart from anything else, the sad part about that is that it doesn't ultimately help anyone, including gays themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I've been seeing that happen here with the studies suggesting that children might have a more beneficial upbringing with heterosexual parents.

That is such a crock. Kids don't care. Kids care about being loved - nurtured - fed - etc.

Are you one of those who think parents should stay together - - - even if one of them drinks and beats up on the other one? You know - - for the sake of the children to have two parents?

I was raised by a mother and grandmother. Oh the horrors - - I didn't have a male parent influence.

Being 65 I come from an age where everything was kept behind closed doors - - - and a fake front was put forward - - so the neighbors wouldn't talk.

I have no desire to live in that kind of world ever again.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

What I really don't like about gays, on the other hand, is their apparent authoritarian Marxism, and their insistence on controlling the way other people think.

Control? You must be talking about religion.

Treatment of the American Native Americans - - - Hawaii (need I say more).

Gays were forced to fake a heterosexual life because of a self righteous holier then thou majority. Gays were forced to create their own culture in the underground edge of society - - because of a self righteous holier then thou majority.

And you want to blame gays for saying "I've had enough!" And getting in people's faces?

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And you want to blame gays for saying "I've had enough!" And getting in people's faces?

Give me a break, I get so sick of the "Im a victim so i can do what i want" attitude.
It seems that in this generation EVERYONE that isnt a White, Heterosexual Male is a victim.

Its ok to get in my face with your gayness but not ok to get in your face with my normalcy?
pfft

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Annee

Give me a break, I get so sick of the "Im a victim so i can do what i want" attitude.

Oh! You must be listening to the persecuted Christians.

I've never heard a gay person speak that way - - - but I've heard plenty of Christians pull the persecution whine.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I've been following gay rights for 20+ years.

The only time I've ever heard "victim" in reference to gays - - - is from anti-gay ranters.

Or - - if a gay person is an actual victim in a crime.

Anti-gays are obsessed with gay sex.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Ha, trust me. Religion has nothing to do with my opinion.
So youve never heard a story that says (for example) a gay man/woman has filed a suit that claims that he/she is a VICTIM of discrimination for (whatever) reason,blah blah.
Dont tell me that gays arent playing the victim card, just like everyone else that think they are qualified to do so.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

So youve never heard a story that says (for example) a gay man/woman has filed a suit that claims that he/she is a VICTIM of discrimination for (whatever) reason,blah blah.
Dont tell me that gays arent playing the victim card, just like everyone else that think they are qualified to do so.

I am a woman from the 50s. You're gonna complain to me about discrimination? Seriously?

If someone qualifies for a job and is discriminated against for any reason - - they are 100% within their right to file a complaint.

Where I hear "VICTIM" - - - is in media hype and those complaining derogatorily about someone rightfully filing against discrimination - - - who doesn't think they have that right.

Do I hear "victim" from the person themself? Rarely.

So mostly I hear "VICTIM" - - - from loud mouth whiners like you.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am a woman from the 50s

Oh ok, so your bitter now.
Just take your pill, with your warm milk and go to sleep now, night night.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

There's already a thread on it, and gay people don't want to take heterosexual people's children.
Who said we want children, or anyone's children?

In SA I've heard of men who have five children with 5 different women before they finish college.
It's not uncommon.

Then people die of AIDS.

Who is going to look after those children?

People who care so much for children must come and do something for children in Africa.
Children this and children that, and talk, talk, talk, and some will actually still come and tell us that HIV/AIDS doesn't exist!

But instead of doing anything useful, instead of resisting the fact that globally girl-children are still married to boys and adult men what do they do?
They attack gay couples with children.
And they have no evidence that these children are any more unhappy or less successful than others.
Instead one struggles to find the study, and the reports are not good:

While Regnerus critiques "same-sex couples" raising kids, his study does not actually compare children raised by same-sex couples with those raised by different-sex couples. The criterion it uses is whether a parent "ever ha[d] a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex." In fact, only a small proportion of its sample spent more than a few years living in a household headed by a same-sex couple. Indeed, the study acknowledges that what it's really comparing with heterosexual families is not families headed by a same-sex couple but households in which parents broke up. "A failed heterosexual union," Regnerus writes in the study, "is clearly the modal method" — the most common characteristic for the group that he lumps in with same-sex-headed households. For example, most of the respondents who said their mothers had a lesbian relationship also endured the searing experience of having their mothers leave the household as the family collapsed.

In other words, Regnerus is concluding that when families endure a shattering separation, it is likely to shatter the lives of those in them. And this is news?

Not only is it not news, it keeps alive the mistaken impression that social science is on the side of anti-gay policy and law.

www.latimes.com...

I had a mom and a dad, and I love them very much, and so does my straight brother.
However I don't want children.
If I knew the thread was on children I probably wouldn't have replied at all.

Not every child is going to have parents in this world.
It's a tragedy, and that's for sure.

But who cares about the world's tragedies when entire "Family Research" centers exist ostensibly simply to plot how to make gays look like social devils, and how to split them from their families with medieval superstition and absolute lies?

This already much disgraced form of religious thinking will yet be the downfall of society.
Simply to line pockets and make war.
The anti-gay agenda is the true conspiracy, and to blame it on gay victims is just ridiculous.
But homophobia is an easy route.
Many will only discover what trash they supported when it's too late.
edit on 13-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I am a woman from the 50s

Oh ok, so your bitter now.
Just take your pill, with your warm milk and go to sleep now, night night.

Grow up. There is discrimination in this world.

And gays still do not have job protection in many states - - - for no reason other then they are gay.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Dude - really.
If gays are playing the victim card just like everyone else, then this debate seems kind of redundant, cause nobody is arguing that gay people complain less than straight people.

Besides, who decides who qualifies as a victim? Seriously, I would love to know.
I would say a judge or a jury, but you need to filed a suit before they can decide. But by your standards I don't see how anybody could ever file a lawsuit, cause it is apparently to big of a decision for an individual to make by themselves - or am misunderstanding something.

Your logic is flawed dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join