It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals: Some things I'm noticing about you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllInMyHead
reply to post by petrus4

I agree that many of my brethren can be a tad emotional when it comes to some sensitive issues like, oh I don't know, hate-crimes legislation, marrying the person you love, or having a legal right to visit the person you love and spent your life, when they are in the hospital. These issues strike at the core of our personhood.

I am aware that there are a lot of elements of the way in which gays tend to be treated within society, which are outright wrong. Prohibiting a person's partner while in hospital, is something I would include in that.

I am curious what you would suggest as an appropriate course of action? Perhaps we should just sit quietly in the back of the bus, unseen, and quiet ask for the things that we know in our hearts should be ours by right, and by not by special dispensation by those in authority. I can tell you firsthand, that doesn't work real well.

Christianity generally seems to be your main source of opposition, and I can assure you, that despite how it may seem, that religion is actually experiencing very rapid decline at the moment. So you won't necessarily get what you want tomorrow, but said primary source of opposition is currently on the ropes, as mentioned.

And I agree with you that I you should not have to watch to males having sex. No one is asking you to (as far as I know). And on a purely visceral level I find two straight people having sex just as disgusting, to me, personally. I certainly wouldn't want to watch that.

I have no grievance with this whatsoever. That is exactly what I would expect. I'm glad you understand my position.

I would NOT however, expect you to sit quietly and "play nice" if someone were to tell you that you couldn't marry that person because someone else felt it might "harm" their marriage or they just plain didn't like it.

I've said elsewhere that I support gay marriage. I've seen what promiscuity can do to people, irrespective of orientation.

But none of that really matters to certain people who feel that we are less than human (not saying thats how YOU feel but there ARE a lot of people who think that way) Wouldn't that make you angry?

I know there are. I've been on the receiving end of psychological abuse from Christians myself, before.

As I said, we are really not that different from you.

This does make sense, yes.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by RicoMarston

Not very for anyone willing to stand back and look at the scope of history and more in depth study of biological science.
Group politics enforces more division and more alienation.

Reinforcing yourself as a distinct tribe will only create more separation. It is a basic biological principle that can be seen in all primate species, human included. And a cursory glimpse of human history reinforces this fact.
The extremist religious devotion to some sort of "social evolution" is as anti-science and anti-rational as Creationism. Both are mental diseases that harm society and the individual.

so, let's separate this from the group in question. let's say ANY social subset is being discriminated against, or actively persecuted. what is the solution?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
post removed by staff

Im straight and I think its gross when I see two ugly people kiss. I also find it strange. I have seen ugly people while I have been out, they are going for it. I wonder how they can be so into it. Do ugly people find each other attractive? really? Or are they just bustin from desperation so much that when they finally do pick up they just let loose? Its strange to me.

So Im straight and I find ugly people having sex to be off putting. I also think its gross if two ugly women have sex. But if its two hot women,Im good with it.

i am not attracted to guys so the idea of them having sex is gross to me. Actually, its beyond "icky".
edit on 11-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jun 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I just like seeing attractive ladies naked.

But as always, whenever somebody dares to criticize homosexuals, in any way shape or form, regardless of how diplomatically the criticism is expressed, they and their supporters always come out in force to shut the criticizer up.

As in it's always okay for them to tell others to shut up because they're victims of society, so how dare you criticize them?

You can see it happening in this thread.

Shameful.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I just like seeing attractive ladies naked.

But as always, whenever somebody dares to criticize homosexuals, in any way shape or form, regardless of how diplomatically the criticism is expressed, they and their supporters always come out in force to shut the criticizer up.

As in it's always okay for them to tell others to shut up because they're victims of society, so how dare you criticize them?

You can see it happening in this thread.

Shameful.

but don't you see the difference between hating gays and being gay? you criticizing homosexuality is different than someone criticizing your views on homosexuality. unless your life and lifestyle is defined by your homophobia? would you self-identify as a homophobe? and is that a group which you believe deserves equal protection under the law? why is it appropriate to attack and criticize somebody's lifestyle, but if they turn around and defend themselves or attempt to explain why you're wrong, it's terrible?

secondly, if you are the one who opens your mouth to share your views on homosexuality, why are you so offended and insecure about somebody arguing?

ETA: h*ll yeah on seeing attractive ladies naked though. that one never gets old. i am a dog.
edit on 11-6-2012 by RicoMarston because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

that makes more sense, because "ugly" is a relative term. if i thought two people were ugly, i would not want to watch them make out or whatever. and i don't want to watch dudes doing it, either. i just don't get where it goes from "no thanks, not interested" to "oh, sick! that's nasty!" if (pardon my french) a penis in a vagina is attractive or the opposite of gross, how is a penis in a... you know... the other one... THAT much different?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The problem isn't people, what they do or what group they belong to. The problem is politics and the divisive methodology applied to every minority group that implies they require special treatment or protections.
In the end it's all being done for votes, money and power.

We should be treating everyone the same regardless of what group they belong to.
Maybe then these divisionist politicians can't make inroads by setting groups against each other.
Everything else is just fanning the flames and caving in to political agendas.
People deserve better than that, every last one of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by Germanicus

that makes more sense, because "ugly" is a relative term. if i thought two people were ugly, i would not want to watch them make out or whatever. and i don't want to watch dudes doing it, either. i just don't get where it goes from "no thanks, not interested" to "oh, sick! that's nasty!" if (pardon my french) a penis in a vagina is attractive or the opposite of gross, how is a penis in a... you know... the other one... THAT much different?

It is different if its not a chick that I am attracted to.

I am not attracted to guys so I do not like the idea of them being sexual. Its like old people. Who wants that mental image?

So yes,it is very different for me.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Im straight and I think its gross when I see two ugly people kiss. I also find it strange. I have seen ugly people while I have been out, they are going for it. I wonder how they can be so into it. Do ugly people find each other attractive? really? Or are they just bustin from desperation so much that when they finally do pick up they just let loose? Its strange to me.

i am not attracted to guys so the idea of them having sex is gross to me. Actually, its beyond "icky"

Don't kid yourself, you're into guys and everyone here knows it.
He stares back at you from your mirror.
It must be miserable to be so perfect in a world full of ugly people.
Having to see them everyday, sometime even having to speak with them - my God how do you bear it?
Since your self-opinion is so high there's really no one to love but yourself.
Keep a full bottle of windex around, I'd hate to see a perfectly good relationship go bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

I do proudly self identify as a homophobe, because every time I'm critical of homosexuals, regardless of how diplomatically I express it, I get called one. I have no choice in the matter, you see, because you guys don't want open and honest debate, you want to shut down any criticism and any debate while you attempt to normalize homosexuality. You guys can't accept the fact that you could be wrong.

But homophobia is not a deviant behavior in modern day society. It is far more normal than people think.Homosexuals make up maybe three percent of society, and most society regards homosexuality as deviant behavior. This is reflected in the fact that thirty out of twenty states won't allow homosexuals to be married.

And no, from their eyes, if they're criticized in any way shape or form, it's to be taken personally, no matter what.

That's the thing about deviant behavior, is they never see themselves as deviant and always tries to normalize their behavior. That's the first sign of deviant behavior.

Just like whwnever evil people say there's really no difference between evil and good, and that it's all just a state of mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Germanicus

i am not attracted to guys so the idea of them having sex is gross to me. Actually, its beyond "icky"

Don't kid yourself, you're into guys and everyone here knows it.
He stares back at you from your mirror.
It must be miserable to be so perfect in a world full of ugly people.
Having to see them everyday, sometime even having to speak with them - my God how do you bear it?
Since your self-opinion is so high there's really no one to love but yourself.
Keep a full bottle of windex around, I'd hate to see a perfectly good relationship go bad.

Ha!
You are correct. There is one guy I cant get enough of

And I had cognitive dissonance once. I questioned my own awesomeness at the end of a relationship. It is the only real rejection I have felt from a female. But I decided that I wasnt exactly nice to that chick anyway. She didnt really reject me. She was just getting in first. So I became Tyler Durden. Then I killed him. I am beyond ubermensch. I didnt kill Durden because he was too much. I killed him because he was not enough.

Love yourself. Why shouldnt you? So I have a Superiority Complex? Or is Adler just an inferior little sick kid that knew he was inferior so he tried to explain it away with gypsie bs.

Im awesome. There is no doubt.

I just tried to picture myself and myself together. Didnt turn me on, but it didnt bother me either.

edit on 11-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's a thought... How about just worrying about yourself?!!

Its quite simple really. If you have nothing to do with the roof over my head, the food in my stomach, or the people that I love, I frankly dont give crap what you do in your own time.

My problem with people never stemmed from what people would mostly stereotype, but ignorant people, now there is a real reason to fight!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Except that people really can't. There is one reason why.

What it boils down to is the power of conformity.

That is what really what this issue is all about.

Society says YOU MUST CONFORM. One group of people says HELL NO WE WON'T GO!

Conformity is one of the most powerful social forces in the entire world. It's wise to not underestimate it.

But despite how I might feel about the issue, I don't care one way or another. Just leave me alone about it, and if you want to have an open and honest discussion with me, leave the crap like HOMOPHOBE out of it.

You see, that's one experience that really bothers me to this day. A long number of years ago this one gay guy kept on insisting that I was actually gay. I kept on telling him no, I'm, straight. He assumed I was gay just because I didn't have a girlfriend and couldn't understand that I have certain social problems which prevents me from having a girlfriend so I must lead a celibate lifestyle. He kept on harassing me until finally I had to put a restraining order on him. He never bothered me after that but because of that guy I lost a lot of friends because they believe to this day that I am gay and won't have anything to do with me because they believed him but not me. That's something I don't understand about a person, why they'll believe a complete stranger but not the person they've known.

I had a female friend go through something similar, a lesbian kept hitting on her and wouldn't take no for an answer.

You see, there is something about some homosexuals who can't accept that heterosexuals are as hardwired as them but for some reason they say all heterosexuals can change their orientation but they can't. Gee, if that's not a double standard I don't know what is.And I don't think it's a tit for tat thing either, that is I don't think they're just saying that just to get back at the idiot Christians who say they can be cured and try to cure them.

Now I realize that there are many homosexuals who will back off if you tell them you're straight, but there are some who just won't.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I had a female friend go through something similar, a lesbian kept hitting on her and wouldn't take no for an answer.

This premise is stupid. It is called Sexual Harassment and has nothing to do with gay or straight. Has to do with people who wont take no for an answer.

Reading over most of your posts, I can't see any real points being made at all.

Are you able to give real examples of your apparently rational and diplomatic criticisms?
edit on 11-6-2012 by lordtyp0 because: To add: I snipped that part to show the section, and for a smaller quote window.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

hahahahahahaha!!!! Laying it on just a little thick, arntcha?

ok ok, whats wrong about being Gay? well almost nothing!!!

they cannot breed with purposed natural partner selection and procreate Life.

Now lets suppose we had everybody decide we were all gay tomorrow, where would we be then.

Now dont throw me the artificial insemination card that is a pitch way out of the batter's box. Then we would have humans playing God. you know what I mean, not that there is or isnt God, but, you know what I mean.

Well done Petrus4, you got Balls for sure

edit on 11-6-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

It doesn't matter what point I make, you'll just dismiss or redefine it any way you can.

So why should I bother?

You're not interested din an open and honest debate.

I have nothing more to say in the matter.

edit on 11-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

My guess is that response is evidence of your concepts of "Rational" and "Diplomatic".

Boy, don't make claims you are unwilling and incapable of backing up.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Boy, frak you. I'll express my opinions however I want to. Don't tell me to shut up or that I don't have a right to express my opinions. Don't control how I express them.

And that kind of nonsense will not change my mind about homosexuals.

You're the ones who can't back your idiotic claims of normalcy up. All you people have are dishonest tricks and traps to shut people up.

Try to be nice and diplomatic and it never gets you anywhere when all an idiot wants to do is bait you and drag you down.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Again,
Not seeing any rational statements being offered. Have anything other than inflammatory statements that seem to only be there to reinforce your view of the world?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join