It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The road to hell is paved with the best of intentions. Is the West inadvertently plotting their own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The entire Middle East is in flames.

Again? Not so much really.

The tribal, religious and National conflicts have been going on there for centuries. Nothing really new to see here folks. But technology has brought it to the forefront now hasn’t it?

However, new to the equation, historically speaking is the influence of outside parties. The USA, Russia, China, Iran, etc, are all now playing a part in what is transpiring there. Allies are often at odds with one another over this area. National policies dictate, not treaties.

Proxy wars are being fought here…make no bones about it.

The MSM paints the Syrian rebels as the good guys, but they’re not really. And the Assad regime is not a good guy either.

The one thing that strikes me as odd in this current uprising is that Assad allowed Christian churches, while the rebels are telling them to leave or face their wrath. The Rebels are no more the “Good” guys than the current regime.

The Libyans are still fighting amongst themselves, and truly, who didn’t see that coming? So are the Iraqis, the Afghanis, the Yeminis, the Somalis, and on and on.

I have talked to people who think that the genocide of one side or the other is the only way to peace in the region.

I have to chuckle at that idea, as if that were the case, conflict would still continue. If Shia managed to eliminate all Christians, Jews and Sunnis, it would immediately turn into a tribal conflict, until one tribe scraped their way to the top and even then, once that was accomplished, there would be one within the tribe who believes that he/she can run things better…and the conflict continues.

Meanwhile, the outside parties continue to pump money and resources into the region in the hopes of gaining an upper hand over their rivals and achieving peace in the region as well.

That is a pipe dream. It’ll never happen, at least not until the region is totally destroyed and useless to those who support whatever side. Then again…maybe that is the plan after all?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The one big problem with the assertion of your thread's title is that these bastards do not have anywhere near the best of intentions.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Well, they all fall upon the mantra of "Humanitarian Aid."

But it is poorly done in my opinion. They give the locals aid but rarely communicate why they are there.

But in Syrias case, they aren't giving much aid, except more materials to aid the Syrains to keep killing each other.

Pontius Pilate comes to mind. "My hands aren't dirty." To paraphrase.

As to what "Bastards" are you refering to? I think everybody involved fits that description.
edit on 11-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Humanitarian Aid is used to smuggle drugs, weapons or whatever. It is used to pay off dictators. It is used to slip intel operatives and or their tools into nations. It is used for many things, none of them very humanitarian.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Religion divides and turns people into stupid morons is the main problem here

The West is not to blame for that, the reason it is still in flames is because of many reasons,

There are people who want it to remain in flames such as Iran and they need it to remain in flames as long as there guy comes out on the winning side they really don't care, they need to keep the Assad regime in power other wise a more tolerant government/leader to its neighbour Israel may get into power and stop its support with Iran in favour of peace with Israel & closer ties to work towards ending the problems religion has created for them

Russia/China may also not want to lose an Anti West Allie such as Syria should a more pro western Leader be elected after Syria stops burning

The West would just like to see.. firstly Assad step down like he should have,, the problems started the same as any other ME revolution did in the last few years, he never stepped down, in the countries the leader did step down in there was none of this so work it out, why did the not? its fairly simple its because of outside influence which Kofi Annan addressed the other day at the UN, those outside powers are ordering Assad to step down or remain in office for there own agendas, the fact is his people wanted him to step down so he should have stepped down, you do not ignore the people and instead decide to shot them & the problem

Iran are worried a more friendly government/leader/neighbour may get in office and decide stop funding, train & arming organisations such as Hezbullah with Iran to cause trouble in Palestine, and may also except an Israeli state and learns to live in peace

It is no different than adults getting there kids to fight, its just pathetic really,

But if i had to pick an outcome, it would have to be that Assad steps down and the new democratically elected Syrian leader opts for peace, and also for strengthening relations with Israel, to stop funding and supporting terrorist groups to carry out attack in Israel with Iran,

new topics

top topics

join