It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Ammo is flying off shelves in the States.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What is zombie ammo ?
probably just some regular ammo

people with guns are more dangerous then zombies
one day 1 person will kill another by mistake thinking he was a zombie running at him

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here's a not-so-funny consequence of "zombie ammo."

“It is also worth noting that certain types of ammunition—particularly unusual or unconventional ammunition, or ammunition having an inflammatory or provocative brand name—have been mis-characterized by some prosecutors in an attempt to show that the person shooting in self-defense was actually eager to engage in combat and, thus, inferentially, likely to shoot another person without sufficient cause.”
-TTAG

They find you have a shelf of Zombie Ammo at home and now your simple self defense situation becomes "trigger-happy maniac out for blood."

The prosecutor doesnt care about the truth. Just the prosecution.
edit on 19-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If I recall, they're just normal hollow point bullets (albeit with special coloring for fun).
No thanks, I'll just get the regular priced hollow points...

No zombie worries here though. Even in a zombie apocalypse, the more pressing and REAL threat would be my fellow survivors.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If I recall, they're just normal hollow point bullets (albeit with special coloring for fun).
No thanks, I'll just get the regular priced hollow points...

No zombie worries here though. Even in a zombie apocalypse, the more pressing and REAL threat would be my fellow survivors.

Yep. I think they are lead-free though.
Don't wanna get lead poisoning during a zombie apocalypse.

The better alternative is the Extreme Shock ammo that is 100% frangible. It disintegrates on impact and guarantees to transfer 100% of the kinetic energy with no chance of a pass-through. This is all I carry in my handguns now. This stuff is a real zombie killer, and it is also great for office and home settings since there is no chance of a pass through or ricochet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The compressed Tungsten-NyTrilium™ Composite fragments upon impact, leaving a wound channel of catastrophic proportions. The expansive fragmentation characteristics of the ExtremeShock rounds transfer the bullets energy in a far faster time span than conventional hollowpoints. The resulting stopping power is utterly devastating. E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.

Yeah, sounds like it would do the trick! Yikes!

Expensive, but not unreasonable. (and I love the lesser chance of ricochet, etc.). I also hear they have less recoil, but would have to see that. (and I'd be loathe to fire such rounds at a range, hehe...)
edit on 19-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would assume that the manufacturer is just cashing in on this new craze.
Any person who gets the zombie thing knows that you have to reload and eventually you run out of bullets anyway.
Just carry a sword like Michonne.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I've fired them at the range, but they are too expensive to do it very often. I didn't notice a big difference with recoil, but I did notice a huge difference on the impact with a gallon jug of water. The extreme shock only punched one hole, and they sent the jug rolling a ways. The hollow points knocked the water over, but they always punch out the backside.

I'm curious about forensics. I have a sneaking suspicion that there wouldn't be any forensics to connect the little slivers of brass sleeve to the gun that fired it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"Zombie Ammo" is just a means of appealing to the consumers using a popular culture as advertising. The real ammo to use for zombies is hollow point, or any caliber that can create massive cavitation at the site of the wound. Because zombies do not feel pain or supposedly stop until the brain is destroyed, you need something that creates as much tissue damage as humanly possible.

That, or invest in a minigun

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah seriously I've seen the ammo on shelves fr months now and it's just ridiculous. I was like no way thats sooo dumb. I can see a zombie thing happening but specialized ammo....I stared at the screen for about 5 seconds just in disbelief

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Since that other thread was closed and had a video that i must bash.

Who seriously walks around in a zombie apocalypse with an ar-15 in a bag, and all the wasteful shots any true zombie fan knows shot to the head.

Full auto is a waste of ammo.

Hornady and their zombie ammo is a marketing gimmick and a smart one really because people are dumb frankly.

any bullet will do so prepare your souls the zombie apocalyspe is nigh

edit on 15-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join