It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring on the Gay Boy Scouts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
All you folks who think it's OK for private organisations to exclude certain groups of people - would it be OK if the scouts excluded all non-white kids too? I mean, they're a private organisation right, they can admit and exclude whoever they like, can't they?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Why do people leave their children with strangers? Isn't it the parents obligation to teach their own children?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Holy Crap! Another whiney Gay thread.
I notice also now that Gay (that's so last century) has morphed into "LGBT" in this new political correct world.

See, the problem I have with all this claptrap, is that essentially, fundamentally, homosexuality is a sexual preference involving relationships and sex with people of the same gender... nothing more, nothing less. That's it!
However, it has been morphed into a whole "lifestyle" and I even see it referred to as "culture" now in some places.
This is where I draw the line and say enough. It is not a culture, it is not a lifestyle, it's a sexual preference, so keep it where it belongs, in private, the same as heterosexuals do. What's so problematic with that?

The whole "acceptance" issue is a problem of their own creation, spotlighting their homosexuality as if it is something special that the rest of us must "accept" - along with all the outrageous "Gay" - sorry "LGBT" - behaviour and "pride" marches etc, which from what I have seen, appear to be freak shows and have more to do with S&M and exhibitionism than anything else.

I have been called a homophobe before for expressing this viewpoint, although I must point out that I am not afraid of anyone who is "Gay" - sorry, I meant "LGBT", I am just so old fashioned.
I am sure most people really don't give a crap about someones sexual preferences and probably don't want to even know, as it's not really the stuff of polite conversation, and there are far more pressing issues in the world facing us right now anyway. I don't feel the need to strut about expressing my heterosexuality all the time as it's a personal and private aspect of my life.

So, all those whiney "LGBT" types - I'm learning
- just give it a rest for crying out loud.... most people really don't care, so get over it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yeah, another "Gay Whiney Thread" which happens to have been started by a Whiney "Straight" person which most of the gay threads are. It is very seldom that you will come across a gay thread started by a gay person on ATS. And just to point out that this is probably the fourth, fifth or sixth thread started by the same Homophobe within the past couple of days!
Your heterosexuality is in my face every day, in movies, in magazines, in books! Take a good look around you and for a change take note of all the heterosexual media hype thats "in my face"!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My Heterosexuality is in your face? I think not.
I don't know you, have never met you and couldn't care less what gender you are or what gender satisfies your sexual hunger.

I don't produce any heterosexual material so if you have a problem with it being your face, either get over it or go lobby the makers to change it. To be honest, I also see homosexual material and images too, maybe not so much, but again it does not concern me and I have better things to do than whine about it. I see an awful lot I don't agree with but hey, I just ignore it or change the channel.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

But you are whining about it, just by posting what you posted you are whining about it!

You say you are learning, learning what? Gay bashing, verbal or physical, proves that you have learnt NOTHING!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by Britguy

But you are whining about it, just by posting what you posted you are whining about it!

Whining? Me? Never!

You say you are learning, learning what? Gay bashing, verbal or physical, proves that you have learnt NOTHING!!

It was sarcasm / humour, at learning the new politically correct phraseology.

I have never "bashed", verbally or physically, anyone for their sexual preference as, already stated, I am just not interested. Why would I act violently against someone for their sexual orientation? Why, that's just crazy talk from someone who is obviously obsessed with the topic, is unable to accept that it's a non-issue and has instead resorted to making imflammatory remarks to cover for their own anger issues!

edit on 12-6-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
All you folks who think it's OK for private organisations to exclude certain groups of people - would it be OK if the scouts excluded all non-white kids too? I mean, they're a private organisation right, they can admit and exclude whoever they like, can't they?

no - it's not OK

it's just legal

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I was in boyscouts, got kicked out for eatin Brownies. I guess with these boy scouts we have'nt that to worry about?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Gays are already treated more or less as equals in American society. I dunno why they have to go ahead and shove their beliefs down EVERYBODY'S throats. A private organization can have it's own rules as long as they're reasonable. Like a poster said above, why want to join a private organization that does not want you there?

Before people start labeling me a gay basher, know this. I have no issues with gay people. They can sleep with whichever gender they want. Doesn't affect me either way. But I have a right to dislike homosexuality as a whole.

Next thing you know, they'll call you a raging bigot because you dislike the color orange.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

no - it's not OK

it's just legal

Just like that :?

edit on 12.6.2012 by bokonon2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

Boy Scouts .... promoting bigotry and intolerance from the beginning. yeah. Those are some REAL values.

What a joke of an organization. If it wasn't part and parcel of the Mormon Church it would be a dead organization.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Keeping this debate ongoing, for the sake of a word, is really really really stupid, on both sides of the aisle.

The bigger problem though is that people make too much money off this fight. The gay activists who fight for marriage equality and the conservative groups ( or others) that fight against it.

This has always been about money after both sides realized they could rake in millions, if not billions in support every year to pad their pockets.

~Tenth

Honestly - you believe this is all there is to this? Do you have any idea what this means to so many people - real people with real lives and hearts and dreams and desires?

And you think it can all be waved off as being just about money?

has every fight for equal rights been about money - or just this one?

I feel a little sadder tonight for having read this - seriously

You should feel sad, that's the honest truth regarding the matter.

It's the same when it comes to a lot of different issues. Such as...Medical Research, other civil rights movements of the past.

It's all about money and eyah that sucks, but it's the truth. If people realize this to be so, perhaps they would stop giving a damn about things that don't concern them, and gays would be allowed to marry then.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I notice also now that Gay (that's so last century) has morphed into "LGBT" in this new political correct world.

You must've been living under a rock since the 60s, LGBT (and sometimes Q) as an umbrella term for a whole range of people and communities has been around for decades.

edit on 12-6-2012 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Someone posted "Why would you want to join a club that does not want you." Exactly start your own and move on...Its simple we leave in a "free" country, and if you do not get what you want do not blame other people that you cannot sell your product... I am okay with gay people simply because I am not here to judge.
edit on 12-6-2012 by gunmetal because: grammar

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't support having homosexuals in a boy scout club for the same reason I wouldn't support having females in it.

Now come one, come all ravenous homosexual apologists and call me an "anti-gay person" and a closet homosexual. Amazing these people don't see the element that is trying to be kept out.

There are some things that you just don't mix for good reasons, homosexuality and boy scouts is one of them. Some people seem determined to throw a wrench in something that isn't broken in the first place, for nothing other than their own fame, interests or ignorant opinions about it.

Homosexuals can start up their own "Gay Boy Scout Club" just like the thread title suggests and we'll see how that goes.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I wouldn't support having homosexuals in a boy scout club for the same reason I wouldn't support having females in it.

Now come one, come all ravenous homosexual apologists and call me an "anti-gay person" and a closet homosexual. Amazing these people don't see the element that is trying to be kept out.

There are some things that you just don't mix for good reasons, homosexuality and boy scouts is one of them. Some people seem determined to throw a wrench in something that isn't broken in the first place, for nothing other than their own fame, interests or ignorant opinions about it.

Homosexuals can start up their own "Gay Boy Scout Club" just like the thread title suggests and we'll see how that goes.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

But why should Gay's have to start their own club? Why can't they just be included with everyone else? Why is there a need to SEGREGATE Gays simply because they're gay? Why can't the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts be inclusive and teach love (like they say they do) and accept everyone, whether straight or gay? Why is it such a problem to be inclusive of everyone?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

Scout camp was the gayest experience of my life.

Seriously. What the # are they talking about?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Weren't the boy scouts originally started to keep adolescent males from fiddling with their parts by providing a near-endless series of banal tasks and basic skills?

Where the Xbox's at? This is America, damn it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join