It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Bryson, U.S. Commerce Secretary, cited in Calif. hit-and-run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

John Bryson, U.S. Commerce Secretary, cited in Calif. hit-and-run

www.cbsnews.com...

U.S. Secretary of Commerce John Bryson has been cited in a felony hit-and-run case after allegedly crashing a Lexus into two vehicles in California Saturday evening, Los Angeles police have confirmed
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Jun 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Commerce Department's profile of Bryson, who has been the president's commerce secretary since October 2011, describes him as, "a key member of Mr. Obama's economic team working to implement the administration's top economic priority: accelerating job creation. He works to strengthen the economic recovery and U.S. competitiveness, and he serves as the voice for the business community in the President's Cabin

[url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57450140/john-bryson-u.s-commerce-secretary-investigated-in-felony-hit-and-run-in-calif/]www.cbsnews.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Bryson was found unconscious . . .
from the reuters article
Otherwise he would have just kept "running", apparently.
Will be interesting to see if msm in the US pick this story up.
I don't think Obama is going to be kept on for another term.

eta: looks like it is going to wide distribution
edit on 11-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
could be some type of medical condition, since no alcohol use was detected...or...maybe a conspirecy to get rid of him

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
could be some type of medical condition, since no alcohol use was detected...or...maybe a conspirecy to get rid of him

I was thinking that too, but sadly my brain has been altered from reading to many CT., lol

This,

"a key member of Mr. Obama's economic team working to implement the administration's top economic priority:

We all know how well that is going.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is a really strange story. I had the same reaction as other posters. Found unconscious, no alcohol or drugs, at 5:30 in the afternoon in broad daylight. If he was having a medical emergency, then why would he leave the scene of the first accident? It doesn't make sense at the moment.

ETA: I just found this: U.S. Commerce secretary suffered a seizure: spokeswoman

U.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson suffered a seizure, a department spokeswoman said in a statement on Monday after police in California announced he was being investigated for several hit-and-run car crashes.

He has a seizure and leaves the scene of the first accident? I'm not really buying that. A seizure is a serious event. Surely, he would have had enough sense to know that he needed immediate medical attention!

Oh, and he has this seizure on Saturday in Los Angeles, found unconscious, taken to the hospital in Los Angeles and is back in Washington on Monday????

This still is not making sense to me.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
According to LA Times

First car he hit was waiting for a train. He got out, talked with them and then hit the car again as he was leaving.
They, the people in the first car, followed him and called 911. Then he wrecked into another car.

This is a fishy story.

LA Times

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by froglette

First car he hit was waiting for a train. He got out, talked with them and then hit the car again as he was leaving.

Yea first car twice?

Weird stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ins't political theater in damage-control mode some of the most entertaining stuff?

Lacking investigative journalism (i.e. the "other team" paying to create an alternate narrative) we may never know how the opposition wants us to think of this.

Forget the facts..., those aren't for public consumption.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My God, do they even care to try when feeding us a bullcrap excuse anymore? The government is totally covering his ass. You DO NOT have a seizure and then get out of the car to talk to the person you hit.

He was even 'cited' for FELONY hit and run. Thats just a ticket. All of us would be in jail with a 50,000 dollar bond set.

Freaking ridiculous, these bastards get away with anything. ...just look at all the comments in this yahoo story at the bottom. No one is buying this crap.
Yahoo Article

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is one of the most pathetic cover up attempts I've ever seen.

Let me see if I can piece this together:

Bryson is having a seizure and rear ends a car.
He talks to the people, then hits the car again while leaving.
Drives approx. 60 mph to a nearby town.
Hits another car and is found unconscious by police.

No drugs or alcohol were involved? No attempt was made to interview the people he talked to? He was allowed to return to Washington and not taken to jail? The district attorney's office hasn't decided whether to file charges or not?

If it were any one of us, you can bet your boots we would be sitting in a cell with black and blue marks from head to foot. It's not clear how the incident will affect his job because they haven't decided how to spin it, yet. I'm sure some hush money will be handed out, the DA will be bought off and nothing will come of this.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This sickens me to no end. The above posters are correct, these jerks can and do get away with anything. I doubt any charges will be filed, nor will the toxicology produce any results. He deserves the same punishment as any Joe Blow would get, but nothing will come of it.

As a matter-of-fact, I'm going to use this for my DWI defense - "occifer, I was trying to get home as quickly as I could because I was having a siezure and trying to get home to call 911!!!"

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

What sucks is you can't use that as a prescedent if it hasn't been seen in open trial. In this case he was just cited, so it can't be used as a defense in court.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Having seen both the affects,, and effects, of siezure,, my Dad,,

and the effects of dementia,, my wifes mum,,

yes it certainly, could have been medical,,,maybe some Doctors,,??

As far as conspiracy,,,,who's the guy they found in the dumpter??
same MO.?
its a conspiracy/detective site

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Since when do you just receive a ticket for a FELONY?
Oh wait....since this incident I guess now felony hit-and-runs will just receive citations?
I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

new topics

top topics

join