It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our creator is preparing few people for a major event.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've been doing the same thing but that's only because my alcoholism is getting worse and I need to distract the staff away from my wine on a Monday.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I find myself stocking up on pantry items myself, but I do it mostly because I live in Colorado and there are always those times that I just don't want to get out into the snow and yuk! I want to have the pantry fully stocked by the end of summer. I'm going to do some canning of what we get out of our garden too. I have not bought water though, but we live close enough to a river that comes straight out of the mountain. If it got bad we would still have water.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by storm2012

Alright, first you don't have to be so sarcastic. You can't treat me like a jerk like that!

I don't believe in your god, I'm not an idiot. ...

I welcome the "lights going out"! Can't happen too soon for me. But what if it's a war?

How long will your bottles of water last? It's not up to me to teach you about survival here.

My point is, that there are non-christians preparing, some are better prepared that others. If it was a religious thing, don't you think that this god or that one would be overtly preparing their own?

The common sense to prepare is not inspired by any god other than your own intelligence to look at the world and realize stuff is going to get tough soon.

So basically you are saying people who believe in God are idiots! They certianly can say the same about you. The OP simply asked if others felt the need to buy extra items. He also believes that God is giving him a feeling that this is something he should do. What's wrong with that?

If you dont believe in God, so be it! Get off this thread and go elsewhere! The OP believes in God and it shouldnt be a concern of yours.

If the OP is wrong, he's got nothing to loose. If you are wrong, you have a lot to loose.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I had a dream about the 3 days of darkness thing, or atleast I think I had one.

It was wild, the only thing I remember were the almost animal like creatures coming at me (maybe the zombie outbreak in full force? LOL nah, I don't know), and I had these gloves on that had a blue-ish yellow- white aura that would send them back. One of them grabbed hold of my glove and tried to rip it off but I got away.. and I remember being on a train, looking up at the sky and seeing a solar eclipse.

The solar eclipse would repeat itself, and that's how we knew a day had passed. But it was still dark, the moon was out, but when the eclipse happened, it would be just darkness.
It was weird I must say.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by storm2012

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I do similar things, but is because I don't want to have to go to the grocery store every other day or every week.

Do you watch too much "Doomsday Preppers" maybe?

This is nothing to make a joke about, and no I dont watch doomsday preppers, I am just storing up on things, first time in my life. I dont even needs this things either, I am just stocking up, dont know why.

I didn't make any jokes.

Repetitive prayer is against bible teachings Math. 6:7 amongst other places

Repetitive prayer is against biblical teachings I believe Math. 6:7 speaks of it amongst other places .

Why do you think god has anything to do with your behavior??????

Because In my life I have experienced a lot and I have noticed something or someone save my life. Also I meditate and pray to god a lot. I have learned to chant mantras and prayers from the vedic knowledge.

edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: Typed response in the wrong spot not paying attention

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't understand what you think is so strange about this behavior. I buy a constant stream of nonperishable food items and water. It takes up half a large room in my house. Your supposed creator is not doing anything, but some of us are using our intellect to predict massive economic failure, deteriorating social conditions, social upheaval, et cetera. As such, some of us choose to prepare for said events. So if your creator is doing something to prepare a few people for a major event, then I guess he/she/it has chosen me, a sin loving, anti-religious, natural occultist heathen who thinks the human race needs a severe awakening, to continue the species after...whatever happens during your 3 days of darkness. So, thanks for the great news, I guess.

Really all it means is that, until recently, you've been sitting around doing nothing while you watch the world burn, basically waiting to die, and now your unconscious is finally coming to and compelling you to do these things. Its not god, its your survival instinct. Embrace it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Henley

Originally posted by Invariance

Alright, first you don't have to be so sarcastic. You can't treat me like a jerk like that!

I don't believe in your god, I'm not an idiot. ...

I welcome the "lights going out"! Can't happen too soon for me. But what if it's a war?

How long will your bottles of water last? It's not up to me to teach you about survival here.

My point is, that there are non-christians preparing, some are better prepared that others. If it was a religious thing, don't you think that this god or that one would be overtly preparing their own?

The common sense to prepare is not inspired by any god other than your own intelligence to look at the world and realize stuff is going to get tough soon.

So basically you are saying people who believe in God are idiots! They certianly can say the same about you. The OP simply asked if others felt the need to buy extra items. He also believes that God is giving him a feeling that this is something he should do. What's wrong with that?

If you dont believe in God, so be it! Get off this thread and go elsewhere! The OP believes in God and it shouldnt be a concern of yours.

If the OP is wrong, he's got nothing to loose. If you are wrong, you have a lot to loose.

Thank you, you are the only person who actually understood what I was saying.. thanks once again

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule

I don't understand what you think is so strange about this behavior. I buy a constant stream of nonperishable food items and water. It takes up half a large room in my house. Your supposed creator is not doing anything, but some of us are using our intellect to predict massive economic failure, deteriorating social conditions, social upheaval, et cetera. As such, some of us choose to prepare for said events. So if your creator is doing something to prepare a few people for a major event, then I guess he/she/it has chosen me, a sin loving, anti-religious, natural occultist heathen who thinks the human race needs a severe awakening, to continue the species after...whatever happens during your 3 days of darkness. So, thanks for the great news, I guess.

Really all it means is that, until recently, you've been sitting around doing nothing while you watch the world burn, basically waiting to die, and now your unconscious is finally coming to and compelling you to do these things. Its not god, its your survival instinct. Embrace it.

I dont think.its strange, it feels like someone is leading me towards buying stuff that i dont even.buy, esp stock up on things, funny thing is that my parents usually get a pack of 24 case of water but when i.got home today first time i see two.packs of water just sitting there. I mean this is what i.believe.. i am living a normal life and.still enjoying.to the.fullest. just wanted to see if others feel the same.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
im gonna go head and not make any preparations. i mean if there are 3 days of darkness how do plan on eating? you won't be able to see your way into the kitchen. im just gonna eat a lunsta wake up, eat another one wake up, eat another one, and so on until i see the sun. it'll make 3 days feel like 30 minutes

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Here's what I always want to ask doomsday preppers: Why would you WANT to live if the earth underwent a horrible devastation? Could you imagine what it would be like even after all these events had stopped? Every city would probably look like Godzilla went on a five day Jack Daniels bender. Honestly... I think I'd rather be dead.

And besides, believing in god you'd be going to heaven, right? So why are you so worried about survival?
edit on 11-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

You may want to re-think that statement. Ever heard that someday it will be heaven on earth? The will to live is quite strong. If you would prefer to be dead, so be it. That is your choice.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
nesting instinct ?

a weeks supply of gatorade isn't going to make a difference if the world ends or whatever

buy a survival handguide, ammo, and a water filter if you really want to survive hype-ageddon

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thank you for your thoughts! Many others are feeling the same. You are not alone. Those that dont should not be judging or criticizing your beliefs. They may be banging on your door asking for help if and or when SHTF.

God speed!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Don't feel discouraged if others don't sense what you feel to be called to do. I too am feeling a call to make preparations, but not just food and such. No, it doesn't make much sense to me either, but I trust my instincts and I won't stop due to ridicule. Prepare your heart, forgive, and enjoy today.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I know what you are saying it happens to me lots of times I wake up knowing a date or time or word or pharse that baffles me at that point.

When that time,date or a person comes around that the word or phrase means some thing to it that word or phrase will just pop out of my mouth and they look shocked like how did you know.

Does it mean something bad is going to happen to the whole world or just in your world? Thats the question. I believe we are told about events in the future that we don't remember but a part of us that is closed off to our conscious mind knows and prods us to do what we need to do.

You are collecting things for hydration and rice. Both are good to have on hand if you have a illness where you stomach isn't tollerating anything that isn't a bland soft diet. Perhaps you are having a illness coming on soon. Or maybe some thing else.

What I hear only seems to pretain to my life and changes in it. A few weeks ago I told my son something is happening July 9th. I don't know what but something is going to happen. Yesterday at work they told us before we left there would be a meeting. Everyone on the shift (one I've wanted off badly for a while and prayed to get off that shift) agreed it had to be something we weren't going to like. As the day went on I found myself getting happier and happier. Everyone else was getting worried. They said you know what the meeting is about don't you you're smiling while the rest of us are worried. I said I didn't. At the meeting they told us they were getting rid of the weekend shift and we would be going to work during the week on the second shift. The date it starts is July 9th.

Another time I awoke with three numbers that I couldn't get out of my head. Come to find out the numbers were the date I was laid off, the number of days I was laid off and the date I was called back. Which I didn't realize until after the fact. But while the rest were worried and trying to find jobs I kept saying for some reason I'll wait until the end of the month before I look for a new job. I was called back 2 days before the end of the month.

I suggest you think back to other times in your life and look to see the things that happen to them were they just for your world or the whole world. Myself mine are just for important events in my world. Even though my world does often have others in the same boat.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Instead of stocking up on water, why don't you learn how to find and sterlize water?

Having water stockpiled is going to put a big red target on your head. Knowing how to procure your own is a completely different scenario.

Same goes with food, shelter and last but not least, weapons.

I never understood the hoard mentality. If things really do go bad, there will be a lot of desperate people that want your stuff.

The bad news is, everyone v.s. you won't end well.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Im doing the same..Water and Peanut Butter! You can survive on these two items! Keep atleast a 3 day supply in youre car. Keep you car filled with Gas!! Keep Cash on hand..I mean..on you at all times. When whatever is coming hits..the power is going down and ATms are not going to work. It would also be a good idea to keep camping gear in youre car. Other good items to collect for a first aid kit..dont forget clorox, gloves, and above all mask!! We have some-kind of flesh eating bacteria hitting Georgia, and SC..maybe even here in NC..In my opinion..this is some-kind of biological issue that was introduced to our environment on purpose..

There is nothing wrong with pre-paring for Emergency!! Try to gather atleast 2 weeks worth of things you may need. I have been buying cases of water for like 3.89..32 in a case..If I had the money I would be doing allot more! God gives us common sense!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Child, You will survive whatever is coming!! You are listening to youre God Given Instincts!! Dont worry about what anyone thinks!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Thats Cruel and un-called for!! Be kind to this child!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yes, God has singled you out because you are so important. After the Apocalypse you will probably one of the world's new leaders. There will also be a disproportionate ratio of men to women and you wil lbe required to take 20 wives to help repopulate the earth. But first you must buy GATORADE.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Im listening!! I understand what the child is saying!! NOAH...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join