It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Primeminister leaves his 8 year old daughter in a pub

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

British Primeminister leaves his 8 year old daughter in a pub

www.bbc.co.uk

David Cameron and his wife, Samantha, left their eight-year-old daughter, Nancy, in a pub after having Sunday lunch, Downing Street has confirmed.

She is reported to have spent a quarter of an hour at the Plough Inn at Cadsden, in Buckinghamshire, before Mr Cameron returned to collect her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So, this could happen to anyone. My parents did the same when I was only 2. That said, this is the man responsible for running our country, hardly a ringing endorsement. Not to mention the police and security that presumably follows him around, shouldnt they have noticed?

Innocent mistake that could have happened to anyone? Or woefully inadequte parenting and secuirty of top officials?

Amusing story nonetheless and glad she was returned home safely.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
so he was with a groupe of freinds and probly a few minders and no one noticed,wonder if he has forgotten that we are in a ressecion to

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
well we now know he cant organize a booze up in a bar what hope does he have of running the country but he follows his political views in real life and knows how to do u-turns

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i know mistakes like this sometimes happen but for a man who has his personal security, this should have been avoided.
a man in his position has got to be a potential target for the bad guys, she could have been picked up by anyone working for enemy forces without anyone stopping them.
his security leader should have made sure all of the camerons were accounted for at all times, it's their job.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is none news. this is crap.

I forget all the time, I go upstairs to turn the heating on, have a piss that i didnt even need, go back down stairs and not even know why i went upstrais. I do dumb sht all the time, the primeminister is no different.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
This is none news. this is crap.

I forget all the time, I go upstairs to turn the heating on, have a piss that i didnt even need, go back down stairs and not even know why i went upstrais. I do dumb sht all the time, the primeminister is no different.

"None News"

With the upmost respect, you're not running the country though! If you are, you need to brush up on your grammar!!

I take it you're in the "could've happened to anyone" gang then?!?!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
the way is see it [ reading the comments here and on other venues ] a lot of people seem to confuse the logistics of " the prime minister of great britain & his family " with how an independant familiy should discharge thier duties as responsible parents

with a generic independant family - large enought to require two cars - the parents [ or the driver of each vehicle - if different ] should - at each leg of the journey - have a discussion - and form a plan , thus :

husband - i take child one , three and four , you take child two , five and the nanny
wife - ok
[ in the car ] - noth check that they have not only 3 passengers - but the correct three

it really is not rocket science , or time consuming [ unless the wife does not want child five in her car ]

but when dealling with mr cameraon & familiy & enterage - things are radically different - starting with the issue that it is not mr cameron - but the commander of his protection team who decides which car mr cameron drives in - and its position in the convoy etc

as the protection team is responsible for the entire family - they should do the planning of who goes in which car - and confirm that each vehicle has the correct passengers before setting off

again - its neither rocket science or time cnsuming

and for the reasons i outline above - i lay the blame for this fiasco at the prime ministers protection detail - not mr cameron and his wife

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
and for the reasons i outline above - i lay the blame for this fiasco at the prime ministers protection detail - not mr cameron and his wife

So because he's the PM he has no obligation of care to his daughter? (I know that is an extreme response, but you get the gist of what I am asking).

Surely as a parent he holds ultimate responsibility for where his children are regardless of whether he is the PM or not?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No big deal.
He left her as 'collateral'
while he went out to get some money to (ahem) pay his tab!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And how would this story be played out if they returned for her and she wasn't there?

These people should know better and should be setting an example.

top topics

join