It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli, Palestinian negotiators quietly meet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Israeli, Palestinian negotiators quietly meet

www.thenewstribune.com

RAMALLAH, West Bank — Israeli and Palestinian negotiators have been meeting quietly in recent weeks in hopes of ending a three-year standstill in peace efforts, both sides confirmed Sunday.

Officials acknowledged the agenda of the recent talks has been modest, and stressed there is no breakthrough in sight. Nonetheless, the revelations gave a small sign of hope that a formula can be found to restart formal negotiations addressing core issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think this is enormously positive.

I know how a lot of people here on ATS feel about Israel; and how we've been discovering that AIPAC and the Israeli government are potentially behind most of the ongoing instability in the Middle East.

We can hope that this means, that eventually people from both sides will be willing to talk to each other, and maybe work something out.

www.thenewstribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hopefully the talks will result in the "Palestinians" returning to their actual lands of origin in Syria, Jordan and Egypt and the liberation of the areas stolen from Israel by the Arabs.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
Hopefully the talks will result in the "Israel's" returning to their actual lands of origin in Germany, France and Poland and Africa and Asia with the liberation of the areas stolen from Palestine by the Israelis.

let me correct that for you

your welcome
edit on 11-6-2012 by illusive man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Hopefully the talks will result in the "Palestinians" returning to their actual lands of origin in Syria, Jordan and Egypt and the liberation of the areas stolen from Israel by the Arabs.

How can land be stolen from a country that didn't exist before 1948?

This explains why Israel is speeding up the building of settlements. Steal what you can when you can seems to be Israels motto.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Talking is better than shooting.Ashamed that people who call for peace there end up assassinated like Rabin and Sadat.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Hopefully the talks will result in the "Israel's" returning to their actual lands of origin in Germany, France and Poland and Africa and Asia with the liberation of the areas stolen from Palestine by the Israelis.

your welcome

Don't worry, you can rest assured that Israel will always exist as the Jewish homeland, no matter how much you or your Anti-Semetic Nazi friends try to eradicate it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

your welcome

Don't worry, you can rest assured that Israel will always exist as the Jewish homeland, no matter how much you or your Anti-Semetic Nazi friends try to eradicate it.

You don't see it but its people like you who will lead to Israel's downfall.

The more people I see defend the indefensible acts committed by Israel, the more I despise it and wish to see it gone.....It is a festering boil on the face of humanity, and it is people like you who have made it so.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

your welcome

You don't see it but its people like you who will lead to Israel's downfall.

The more people I see defend the indefensible acts committed by Israel, the more I despise it and wish to see it gone.....It is a festering boil on the face of humanity, and it is people like you who have made it so.

Wow, you really do sound like Goebells when you talk like that. I bet you watch the Holocaust footage and get a kick out of it, right? It is beautiful to watch every enemy of Israel collapse as they always do. Even massive armies formed by huge groups of Arab nations couldn't take a lone Israel down. They tried time and time again to do this and every time they fail. What more proof does the world need that Israel is a sacred nation protected by higher forces?

God bless the brave Israeli men, women and children who not only have to deal with the violent and brutal neighbours, the Arabs blackmailing them from within, and anti semetic nazism thrown at them from ignorant people in foreign countries.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

your welcome

the good old Anti-semetic, Nazi come back

last resort for anyone who just doesnt have a back bone to stand on apart from the biblical rubbish which isnt good enough to be used for toilet paper

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Rational, normal person: The Israeli government should stop its illegal occupation of foreign lands
Citybig: Joseph Goebbels, Joseph Goebbels!

It's funny really, I'd like to think you're just a troll, but sadly people so stupid do exist.

edit on 11-6-2012 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

your welcome

the good old Anti-semetic, Nazi come back

last resort for anyone who just doesnt have a back bone to stand on apart from the biblical rubbish which isnt good enough to be used for toilet paper

You say it is the last resort, however I would like to ask you and every other Anti Israel person a very simple question...

Why is it that you never lament and rage over the Turkish Ottoman Empire taking over so-called "Palestine", or the British Empire taking over so-called "Palestine"? Surely you would feel just as angry at these entities taking up residence there, no?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is just no point in debating morons such as the member above, no point.

I assume these talks will lead nowhere. Not enough good faith from the Israeli side in actually reaching a just settlement and too many divisions on the Palestinian side.

An Intifada is coming. It will come from nowhere, a small incident or demonstration and spiral from there.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
There is just no point in debating morons such as the above member City, no point.

I assume these talks will lead nowhere. Not enough good faith from the Israeli side in actually reaching a just settlement and too many divisions on the Palestinian side.

An Intifada is coming. It will come from nowhere, a small incident or demonstration and spiral from there.

Instead of being abusive, which is all you anti Israel people seem to be capable of, why not try answering the very simple question I posted above?

Oh and for the record, any uprising will be crushed in exactly the same way they always are. See the Israeli victory over Arab terrorists during Operation Cast Lead and the Israeli defeat of the Turkish terror ship Mavi Marmara.

Please answer the question.

Why is it that you never lament and rage over the Turkish Ottoman Empire taking over so-called "Palestine", or the British Empire taking over so-called "Palestine"? Surely you would feel just as angry at these entities taking up residence there, no?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Perhaps because they no longer exist? Yet the Israeli occupation actually does exist, today and every day for the Palestinians.

Your question is lamentable and irrelevant at best.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Citybig

Perhaps because they no longer exist? Yet the Israeli occupation actually does exist, today and every day for the Palestinians.

Your question is lamentable and irrelevant at best.

So, because these entities no longer exist, they are not relevent? However, had these entities not existed in the first place, so-called Palestine may well have been an actual nation. So, I ask you again, why do you not pour scorn on the Turks or the British for their actions? Is it because you simply don't like Jewish people? Is it that you resent the way Jewish people have survived every attempt to wipe them out? Which one is it, because there is no reason other than simple anti-semetism and a hatred for the Jews.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

My bet is their "quiet" meetings are for two reasons only:

1. A possible unity of Fatah and Hamas (also quiet meetings)

2. Iran-Syria suituation

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

So, because these entities no longer exist, they are not relevent? However, had these entities not existed in the first place, so-called Palestine may well have been an actual nation. So, I ask you again, why do you not pour scorn on the Turks or the British for their actions? Is it because you simply don't like Jewish people? Is it that you resent the way Jewish people have survived every attempt to wipe them out? Which one is it, because there is no reason other than simple anti-semetism and a hatred for the Jews.

You are such a hateful moron.

I wrote my dissertation on the British mandate in Palestine and am writing my Masters dissertation on violent and non violent resistance in Palestine against the occupation by both the British and the Israelis. What research have you done? The reading of Dershowitz and ADL approved texts?

I debate with my Jewish friends over Israeli actions, most of which they disapprove of. They don't fall for your bull# antisemitic, libelous slurs in regards to criticisms of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land.
How many Jews do you actually know and who would follow your pointless ideological backing of all Israeli government actions?

I hope you get yourself into a situation one day where you push the antisemitic button one to many times and end up getting sued for defamation, the same defamation you attempt to pour on other well meaning members on this site.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

S & F, great spot here thanks Petrus. Can't believe this thread hasn't received more attention......

Like you, i am also hopeful regarding these current discussions, mainly because they have been unpublicised so far - that means the pressure hasn't been on either side. In reality, this means that goals and objectives can be discussed without having to bow to real or imaginary pressure. In terms of conflict resolution, this can make a real difference to the outcomes of any talks. Conflict Resolution revolves around trying to achieve a "win-win" situation for all parties involved - this is impossible when lines are drawn before discussions have even begun.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You have the distinction of being probably the only pro-Israel poster on this forum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join