It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Pyramids a global counterweight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by 2Faced
Maybe I should have been more specific about the fact that easter island has no pyramids, but only "huge" structures,

They are just statues - are you seriously suggesting they affect the earth's spin? They weigh something like 14 tons - my house probably weighs more. The stone they were carved out of was quarried a few miles away - so the net weight would be exactly the same anyway.

and was mentioned in revelations of the pyramids as a part of the whole circle around the world, so was Yugoslavia (i believe, and will personally ask to be flogged if i'm wrong).

There are no pyramids in Yugoslavia.

Silly? Maybe. You seem to be somewhat the expert,

Expert at what? It's just common sense and a basic grasp of science.

It is silly, as the mass of pyramids, let alone statues, is incomparable compared to the mass of the planet. It could not possibly have any discernible effect.

Trying to explain that the "huge" structures (statue's) should, in the case of this particular theory, be seen as a part of a bigger whole (the other pyramids excluding yugoslavia if you wish), doesn't make my theory less flawed, but it might explain why I thought it could be possible, and why I seriously suggested it. Sorry for not being as smart as you'd like me to be.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
oh boy one of the silly theories.................

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Yes, but it was made based on actual observation and some analytical thinking (no matter how flawed we might consider it) and the idea was put forward coherently. That is worth recognition at least.

To the original poster, I understand the idea that you are suggesting but I do not believe that it stands up to scrutiny. You might get some ribbing in this thread but don't be disheartened by it, learn from it. Do not let it stop you observing, thinking and sharing

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

Originally posted by Hanslune

Yes, but it was made based on actual observation and some analytical thinking (no matter how flawed we might consider it) and the idea was put forward coherently. That is worth recognition at least.

To the original poster, I understand the idea that you are suggesting but I do not believe that it stands up to scrutiny. You might get some ribbing in this thread but don't be disheartened by it, learn from it. Do not let it stop you observing, thinking and sharing

Yes you are correct he did put out his idea and I would encourage him to share in the future

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Before I read this thread I was researching an idea I had that perhaps the ancient pyramids were used as a counter weight to balance the Earth as it rotates. You know, because of their huge mass. I wanted to share this with you because, even if it is way off base, it is a normal thought/idea from us non-scientists who are only curious and have an interest to solve our own questions of the world. Another question I have and maybe someone can answer this for me or, ahem, just call me plain silly, but what happens to the stability of the Earth's crust when so much oil is drilled from its core? Wouldn't our depleted oil reserve wells lead to the eventual instability and collapse of the Earth's crust? Hello can you say SINKHOLE? And, yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous but am still curious. Thanks for your time.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

If that sort of thinking was valid, then the Earth should tip over sideways as the vast majority of landforms on its surface are north of the equator.

Harte

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
reply to post by 2Faced

If that sort of thinking was valid, then the Earth should tip over sideways as the vast majority of landforms on its surface are north of the equator.

Harte

Ah but that's what the vectron ray coming out of the pyramids do - they keep the top heavy earth from flopping over like a drunken cow

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wonder how modern day metropolitan areas across the world built wherever it has been convenient tip off those counterweights?

Just to give you some perspective. Not to upset anyone

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
I'd like to present a small theory, in the hope that perhaps someone with more technical insight, could shed some llight on the plausibility.

After seeing a docu about the pyramids, called "revelations of the pyramids" it dawned on me that perhaps the pyramids and all other gigantic structures, of witch most are placed around the entire planet (egypt, yugoslavia, china, south america, easter island etc., and seem to form a equator/circle at an angle of 33 degrees), are there to balance the world. Just like you add a small counterweight on a particular spot on the rim of a car tire, to keep it from vibrating at a certain speed.

Could this be done on a planetary scale, and if so, what effect could the one's have (had), we have right now? What could have been caused/prevented with it?

Nice theory, I really like it, although I do not believe it.
Why constructing a weight in such a difficult way? Any heap of stones would have done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join